megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
btw i just came up with a idea to crack that always on-line issue....
use their internet connection piracy thingy...
get their files for this system -_-
try to figure out how it works....
and create a private server which copies this security and links up your own computer -_-

Mark my Words....ubisoft. Shall.....FALL!!!

meh i lost my interest in ubisoft...
i will run off, back to bandai namco games or microsoft games
tongue.gif

Golin

Trophies
Website
www.loswades.frih.net
XP
Country
United States
Their next DRM--VS7 (Vision Security 7)--will require you to have both a perfect internet connection as well as a working webcam so they know that it is you--the customer--who is playing the game and not some sort of freeloader--your friends, family, acquaintance, etc.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace said:
isabelyes said:
The only thing they ever did right was Rayman.
And they've even fucked him over. Fuck them.

let me guess you hate the rabbids.
The Rabbids Go Home one was good though.

Yeah they do more shit then good but at least they do better than Activision who really fuck Nintendo gamers in the ass. At least Ubisoft make an effort to make good games when they attempt a core title.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the same shit with microsoft Windows and office. Thats why patches are out there. I'll never go begging to be able to use something I payed for.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isabelyes said:
While I agree Rayman is awesome, it's not all they ever did right. They continued to make good games well into the 2000's including Prince of Persia Sands of Time and Beyond Good and Evil. All the original 3 Rayman games were great in their own ways. But i totally agree that they're long gone in terms of quality games. Never played Rabbids Go Home, but the other Rabbids games are horrendous. And even their ports of classic Rayman games to new systems are garbage too. They ruined Rayman 2's DS port.
hate2.gif

So what happened here? I'd love to know...

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
granville said:
isabelyes said:
While I agree Rayman is awesome, it's not all they ever did right. They continued to make good games well into the 2000's including Prince of Persia Sands of Time and Beyond Good and Evil. All the original 3 Rayman games were great in their own ways. But i totally agree that they're long gone in terms of quality games. Never played Rabbids Go Home, but the other Rabbids games are horrendous. And even their ports of classic Rayman games to new systems are garbage too. They ruined Rayman 2's DS port.
hate2.gif

So what happened here? I'd love to know...

the good programmers move on because they want to do innovative work rather than milking cash cows, and they hire the programmers that will work for the lowest wage.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
updowners said:
Dangy said:
Well... Farcry was good. :3

All they did was publish that...
Unless he meant Far Cry 2 made by Ubisoft Montreal which is a heavily modified CryEngine named Dunia by Ubisoft Montreal. Oh and apparently the expansions of the original Far Cry (for consoles?) are by Ubisoft Montreal too.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
People of GBATemp,
Just face the facts here.
The only reason that Ubisoft is going to such lengths, is not to annoy the end user (consumer) but to eliminate the ability to run "backup copies" of their software.

This problem never came to mind until piracy of computer software has risen to alarming rates.

Just about 85% of people that use Youtube know about Torrents and how to download, patch, and run commercial software FOR FREE.

This is just Ubisoft's way to keep them from going bankrupt so that they can keep fulfilling their fan's wants.

You can do your part by Purchasing the game, installing it, then patching it with the piracy patch.

However, if you do not purchase the game and download a dump of it instead and use the piracy patch to be able to play the game for free then you are just adding to the problem.

Even though it may be made by another software design team, Command and Conquer 4 uses the same system and a friend of mine, whom has recently purchased the game, is displeased of the feature and is correct on blaming pirates and piracy because that is what caused it in the first place.

If anyone else wants to whine and bitch on "how Ubisoft is hurting the consumer" just know that YOU PEOPLE PIRATING THE GAMES DOES NOT HELP, INSTEAD CAUSES THE HARM TO THE COMPANY AND THE CONSUMERS!

Thank you very much and have a nice day. >:)
-DJ91990

referencer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DJ91990 said:
This is just Ubisoft's way to keep them from going bankrupt so that they can keep fulfilling their fan's wants.
I'm pretty sure what their fans want includes being able to actually play the game they purchased with their own money instead of being locked out because of a completely asinine DRM scheme.

Fuck Ubisoft, fuck their DRM, and fuck you for suggesting I should buy their shit to "support them." Hell no. Buying their DRM-ridden game is saying "Yes, Ubisoft, I will pay you money for a game that I'm not even guaranteed to be able to play, please continue reaming my ass." They should not be supported for this, they should be punished. I don't care if "they're only doing this because of the big bad pirate bullies ;_; they didn't make as many billions as they would've without them"; a store that requires mandatory strip searches and ID tags and puts remote-detonating explosives in all of their products is a store that I won't buy from or support in any way, regardless of whether or not they only instituted that because they got robbed before. If piracy hurts them, good. These people are making me look fondly on EA; at least EA let legitimate customers play the games they paid for. Fuck 'em. I almost wish there was some actual correlation between copying files and lost money so I could download them bankrupt myself.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
great. thanks, now I'm going to go pirate a game I have no intention of even playing, let alone purchasing, just so I can help make Ubisoft bankrupt.

Thunderboyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJ91990 said:
People of GBATemp,
The only reason that Ubisoft is going to such lengths, is not to annoy the end user (consumer) but to eliminate the ability to run "backup copies" of their software.

This problem never came to mind until piracy of computer software has risen to alarming rates.

Just about 85% of people that use Youtube know about Torrents and how to download, patch, and run commercial software FOR FREE.

You can do your part by Purchasing the game, installing it, then patching it with the piracy patch.

However, if you do not purchase the game and download a dump of it instead and use the piracy patch to be able to play the game for free then you are just adding to the problem.

Even though it may be made by another software design team, Command and Conquer 4 uses the same system and a friend of mine, whom has recently purchased the game, is displeased of the feature and is correct on blaming pirates and piracy because that is what caused it in the first place.

If anyone else wants to whine and bitch on "how Ubisoft is hurting the consumer" just know that YOU PEOPLE PIRATING THE GAMES DOES NOT HELP, INSTEAD CAUSES THE HARM TO THE COMPANY AND THE CONSUMERS!

-DJ91990
Does this include all of the crap games they have made recently?

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
DJ91990 said:
People of GBATemp,
NEVER
Piracy has always been about, they just think they can 'stop' it now
That's because they search "HOW TO DOWNLOAD PC GAMES"
>fan's
OKAY, I'LL JUST STOP ALL MY PIRATING JUST FOR YOU K'
Ubisoft is the main problem, people just pirate Ubisoft games now to shove it in their faces
Ubisoft made the DRM, not pirates
CAPPING MAKES MY POINT GET ACROSS NOW
-DJ91990
>implying people will read and listen to you on a forum that's based around piracy.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
DJ91990 said:
Psst. Hey. Hey Listen!! Pirates don't have to put up with the bullshit, only legit consumers do! Basically since its been cracked all pirates can use it and consumers have to deal with crappy alway online DRM.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
DRM is pretty much exposed... if they use a similar method and just alter it to current methods, not long until that will also be crossed and a game working
in around 400 days we saw the first server crack and i guess it may take 100x faster to fix any other alterations of it

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
UltraMagnus said:
IgiveUgas said:
Good games with crappy DRM sell less. Best DRM = Steam or similar.

except, that is cracked too, both the games and steam itself.
That's not the point though. Steamworks as a DRM does not limit to the same extent as Ubisoft's new DRM meaning that legit customers does not have to feel as if they're being punished by what pirates cause. Of course there's always exceptions to such things, one being when the publishers demand that another DRM is implemented upon the Steamworks one in order to "protect" their game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1