OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2007/09/18/u-r-mr-g...galaxy-box-art/
mario-galaxy-urmrgay.jpg

A NeoGaf poster discovered, in the cover art of Super Mario Galaxy, the most humorous coincidence of the year (or perhaps the devious work of a box artist). In the box art for Super Mario Galaxy (taken here from Nintendo's official press site), stars highlighting certain letters in the title spell out: U R MR GAY.

"Nintendo is almost certain to change this now that it's come out, but it does make us recall all those urban legends about sexual innuendo hidden in Disney films. Sony Defense Force and Xbots have a field day 'cause even Nintendo artists have given you fuel for your crusade. Maybe Nintendo just means people who buy Super Mario Galaxy are happy? Not that there's anything wrong with that."

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hahahah lolzer
like elebits had the work bits in it!!!111!!1111!11
wowz we should look for loling stuff like this more often,

Honestly guys, grow up.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What's even funnier is that the logo has not changed since it's original release and it's only just now been noticed.

bowmessage

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
umm I really don't get whats so funny, yes i see U R MR GAY, thats funny, but only if it was, say, highlited and pointed out by nintendo. Not just randomly found, excluding loads of other letters. There isn't even a pattern, and that would've been funny too xD.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
umm I really don't get whats so funny, yes i see U R MR GAY, thats funny, but only if it was, say, highlited and pointed out by nintendo. Not just randomly found, excluding loads of other letters. There isn't even a pattern, and that would've been funny too xD.

People don't like to read
tongue.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its immature and childish, and yes its a pure coincidence.

If it makes you laugh than good for you, if it doesn't than it doesn't.

Just posted to see what people think about this kind of thing. Personally to me it was "Huh ok". I just wonder what it tells us about whoever "discovered" this. I mean really, do they have THAT much free time to look into this?

EDIT: Just noticed the stars, this lack of sleep makes me skip stuff I read!

mooyah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It continues on GAF with people pointing out the phallic shaped thing in the top left corner and the light coloured streak on the planet above...

xbandaidx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you look at it don't you think its somewhat odd that the o in 'mario' doesn't have that because really it looks like a perfect place to put that. It looks like it was done intentionally to me. It was amusing though for like the first 5 seconds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah been there had that no fun +1