Type-0 translator looking for a new game

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Merkabah, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Merkabah
    OP

Merkabah Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2014
    United States
    Pandemonium
    Hey guys,

This is Merkabah, one of the guys who worked on the Type-0 fan translation patch that was released a few weeks ago. Now that the release has settled down for that, I'm looking for a new project to be a part of, if anybody's willing to have me! I've seen a lot of different projects on here and other forums that are in various stages of completion, but haven't received much word back from the different people in charge of them. So if anybody would like me to help or can point me at a project that needs the help, I'd much appreciate it! Or if you have any requests for different video-game-related things that you might want translated, too. We can talk.

The skills I can bring to a project:

- Translation, localization, proofreading, and editing
    - Video and graphics work
    - Overall script structure, internal consistency

Sorry in advance if this is not a good place to post this, please move or delete it if it'd be better off somewhere else. Thanks!

- Merkabah

Gaming4Ever, Vappy, Pablitox and 5 others like this.
  2. Enigma Hall

Enigma Hall GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    Yakusa: Black Panter. Of course.

3. Shinintendo

Shinintendo GBAtemp Fan

Sep 10, 2009
    Iceland
    Here you go:
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/legend-of-heroes-translation.366149/
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/yu-gi-oh-5ds-tag-force-6-translation-project.351972/
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/tales-of-the-heroes-twin-brave-translation.336401/

Can't see any other started project in the psp section, you can try the DS one, maybe some translators needed there...

Also you can just browse the untranslated psp games out there (there's soo many) and just pick one and post back here that you're looking for programmer and team members.
    such as:
    Battle Robot Damashii
    Frontier Gate Boost+
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity
    (picked them out of posts around here)

P.S: Merkabah, chariot in Hebrew XD

Hargrun and Merkabah like this.
  4. SirAileron

SirAileron Seeker of Truths

Aug 7, 2008
    United States
    Over your shoulder
    I know a few of the games in the Tales Of series have projects either on secret or hiatus status. I'd love to see a full translation of Tales of Destiny 2, among other unlocalised titles in the series.

julialy likes this.
  5. Enigma Hall

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    Oh please, this version of Yakusa is beautifull and fun. This game is so many years waiting to be translated. Like a Type-0 brother left behind.

4:03 Gameplay

6. Mirby

Mirby BDFF Hype~ :3

Feb 9, 2011
    United States
    That One Place
    If you don't mind working on a DS game, the Digimon Story: Lost Evolution translation could always use a translator.

7. Pablitox

Pablitox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 18, 2011
    Argentina
    The summon night series seriously deserve a chance. I'm talking about the main ones of course.

8. Hargrun

Hargrun Support the arts! (The games, silly.)

May 22, 2014
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    I may be wrong, but I think he would like lend a hand on an existing project. Not start a project all by himself.

Yakuza: Black Panther is a great game, no doubt. I just played the demo but I can say that only the soundtrack and gameplay are enough reason to import. Plus, it's playable in japanese.

I really don't understand how FGB+ hasn't received at least a partial translation. It's a very interesting game, especially when played with friends. Many original features like the partnership and combat mechanics make it really addictive. (Not counting the "Monster Hunter" factor.)

I still keep the demo on my MS and I'm thinking of importing at least the soundtrack.

About PSP2i... Maaany have tried to create a translation patch for this game and all failed, don't ask me why. Although, if a new team was really willing to try it this PDF would help A LOT: http://www.devimension.com/dona/psp2i_guide_download.html

9. Shinintendo

Shinintendo GBAtemp Fan

Sep 10, 2009
    Iceland
    Merkabah are you splitting from Sky's team? looking for a side project? or are you looking for your team next project?

10. Merkabah
    OP

Merkabah Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2014
    United States
    Pandemonium
    The team we put together for Type-0 was extremely big, and because of that I don't think there are any plans to collaborate together on another project at this time. That being said, I'll let you know if I hear of anything down the road about that group working on something again. Basically I'm looking for any project that looks interesting to me and could use my help. XD I don't think I'm smart enough to totally coordinate a group though... Although if anybody has a lot of programming/hacking expertise, feel free to jump in with your thoughts.

I'll take a look at the Digimon game that Mirby suggested, along with a few of the links Shinintendo put up. I'm not too familiar with the Summon Night series, what are those games? And yeah I don't know what's been up with the Tales translations, but I really want one to be done! I might need to look into contacting some of those people too.

Pablitox likes this.
  11. LumInvader

LumInvader GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2013
    United States
    And that's what happens when people respond to a topic without reading the actual post.

12. RikuCrafter

RikuCrafter GBAtemp Regular

Oct 8, 2011
    Ni No Kuni DS please!

There's a team going already.

13. john032194

john032194 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2014
    Philippines
    The ones translating the amagami on the psp there is a team but seems to progress slowly i think they could use some help, also on the team translating sol trigger needs translators, there are some projects in the psp that could always use translators, like fate/ccc, SAO, Grand knights history (nearly finished), legends of heroes, or if you are looking for a change of scenery there is always ds translations going on.

14. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Empty

Apr 19, 2010
    Greece
    Last Ranker deserves a look in my opinion.

15. Enigma Hall

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    let us know your decision.

16. Pablitox

Pablitox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 18, 2011
    Argentina
    Ifyou're looking for a team, darthnemesis has tools for inserting the script in the summon night 1 and 2 remakes for the ds.
    only the script translation is left.

the sn series were made by flight-plan, now called fillistella. it play pretty much like the final fantasy tactics series, it has a good story story, basically it has to do with people summoninh beast from each of 4 Worlds abd such, really nice plot and i would like to play it

17. Mave7777lp

Mave7777lp Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2014
    United States
    Valdosta, Georgia
    Sol Trigger has a team. I played the partial patch and it was good. Im sure they would appreciate any help.

18. Binebina87

Binebina87 GBAtemp Regular

May 27, 2013
    Gambia, The
  19. Hand

Hand Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2011
    Brazil
    Genso Suikoden: Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki - Suikoden games are good.

Nayuta no Kiseki - A Nihon Falcom game. Its gameplay is like Ys. Since PSP was discontinued, I think XSeed will not release it in America.

Frontier Gate seems a good game too.

If you can work for years, there is the Legends of Heroes Kiseki series. The script of each game has millions of characters.

20. 1NSaNe

1NSaNe Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2014
    i suggest you Toukiden / Toukiden Extreme or God Eater 2 ^^

The second one is pretty hard to translate using "easy" methods like hex editing, so could be challenger for you :)