Hacking TX's search for ipatched Switch Units

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2dx2t7.jpg

According to GaryOpa over at max-console, it seems that TX has not given up on the hunt for an exploit that will work on these newly discovered ipatched Switch units. To be clear, these consoles still use the T210 chip that has the bootrom exploit (as also evidenced by the CVE in the model number), but have been patched at some point during manufacturing to not allow unsigned code to be sent during RCM via USB connection. As evidenced by the video earlier today, it would appear that the Switch Unit they were demoing was in fact not patched the entire time and are in need of legitimately patched units in order to continue rocking the Switch. They are even willing to pay for shipping and replace it with an exploitable unit! Well? What are you waiting for? Go out there, find those damn Switches, and send them TX's way!

How do you know if you found the Switch units they are looking for? Well, ipatched Switch units require more refined identifiers but with preliminary results, we do know a few things. So far, serial numbers is how we have identified them and they must fit the following criteria:
XAJ70043+
XAW70018+

Huh? What's that? You don't want to give TX your precious $300 paperweight? Hmm, there is another way. SciresM has demonstrated he has an exploit that works on the firmware these units ship with known as Deja Vu. This means if you want to guarantee any chance at hacking your Switch if it is indeed patched, DO NOT UPDATE! The following is an example of the exploit in action (for those who need their memory refreshed or think SciresM is standing on thin air)

This information is ever evolving based on user reports and reputable hackers so please continue to stay tuned for updates in the Switch Firmware by Serial Number Thread

:arrow:Source

Last edited by Draxzelex,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry, TX will have a patch just as soon as the open source community creates one for them :rofl2:

I don't know.. They've had working sleep on 3.0 far before Hekate. Hmmmm.....

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know.. They've had working sleep on 3.0 far before Hekate. Hmmmm.....
Yeah, just so happens their initial announcement, initial product (Minus the rom loader, but including the RCM exploit, bootloader, and hbloader), and so far most of the new features they've released, have all coincided with the OS community releasing things.

They're leeches, they will have a fix for these updated Switches once someone else writes one for them.

Reactions: Kioku

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, just so happens their initial announcement, initial product (Minus the rom loader, but including the RCM exploit, bootloader, and hbloader), and so far most of the new features they've released, have all coincided with the OS community releasing things.

They're leeches, they will have a fix for these updated Switches once someone else writes one for them.
Initial announcement was first, exploit was demoed first, backup loader was first...

luca1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Man, if you're one of the people who will SEND a fucking console to a company that gained enough profit from it's piracy to buy dozens, I really don't think you can be saved

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

That last part can't be refuted. Can't quite deny they're capable, though.

Reactions: NeoSlyde

SoCALCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally! Since my switch is on fw5.1.0 I really don't care on what TX needs to do to keep things rolling on their end.

As long as they keep releasing new updates for their OS it's all good... :switch:

Ryu Kenshin

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally! Since my switch is on fw5.1.0 I really don't care on what TX needs to do to keep things rolling on their end.

As long as they keep releasing new updates for their OS it's all good... :switch:
Maybe they need a reason to stop rolling out new update :rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...