Hacking TX SX Faq #2 (Homebrew on all firmware Support and Payload Loading from SD Card!!!

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if you use 2 sd card. One for online games (sysnand) and other for emunand?

Safe. I am of the opinion that general Homebrew and emuNAND will be safe. Piracy and poking at the CDN (ala recent bans) are how you get banned because you're a dishonest user at that point.

But it all comes with risks.

The issue with the TX solution is its on the sysNAND directly. That's just fucked six ways to Sunday.

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Has anybody been able to purchase the xecuter os for $24.95 ????? adn where ?
The cheapest price that i saw was $30.00

Wezaa

Trophies
XP
Country
if the emunand is on a separate sd card and its not in the system when you play normally, you wouldnt get detected. you could still be detected while USING the emunand however

So you are willing to categorically guarantee that there is a 0% chance of Nintendo being able to detect that you have used an emunand on your system if it is on the SD card and you never go online with the emunand?

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They could, but it's still a massive risk for them to do something illegal. If they spied on your data and somebody leaked this it would be a massive PR disaster.

They can flag/track overdrawn cart IDs that mysteriously show up all over. You need valid IDs if your trying to pull content, since that's how the server will verify the product from physical sources.

If a hundred people all try to pull updates for the sane thing, it becomes fairly obvious and stupid.

Will we be able to install DLC?

Talking to the CDN at all with a product you don't own is a bad idea.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Safe. I am of the opinion that general Homebrew and emuNAND will be safe. Piracy and poking at the CDN (ala recent bans) are how you get banned because you're a dishonest user at that point.

But it all comes with risks.

The issue with the TX solution is its on the sysNAND directly. That's just fucked six ways to Sunday.
And in the 3ds scene gateway started with emunand, and then luma with sysnand only solution came people were like, luma rulez emunand is obsolote, if you want to play online buy the games and a separate switch, no ban risk at all

Reactions: isanchez and V-Temp

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you are willing to categorically guarantee that there is a 0% chance of Nintendo being able to detect that you have used an emunand on your system if it is on the SD card and you never go online with the emunand?
if you only play NON ONLINE GAMES on the emunand, sure, you can pirate and mod to your hearts content...accidentally leave that sd in for normal boot, maybe 1% chance youre gonna get banned

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you only play NON ONLINE GAMES on the emunand, sure, you can pirate and mod to your hearts content...accidentally leave that sd in for normal boot, maybe 1% chance youre gonna get banned

Also have to avoid trying to pull updates from the CDN, even on emuNAND that's a bad idea if the product is pirated.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Glad to hear there's homebrew support day 1. And playing offline isn't even a bad tradeoff here. I'm not about to pay a monthly fee for the laughable service Nintendo is offering.

Wezaa

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank for the response.

Ok the other issue I have is this.
You have emunand and you play pirated games on that and you update the OS on that so you don't have to update on your sysnand.

But if you want to actually use your sysnand for online play you will have to update.
The biggest argument I am seeing for emunand is "with emu I don't have to update sys and can stay low and won't get banned". But in this scenario having the sysnand is kinda useless no?

If you are also going to update your sysnand then I can understand having emu only for pirated if you are also gonna update sys.

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank for the response.

Ok the other issue I have is this.
You have emunand and you play pirated games on that and you update the OS on that so you don't have to update on your sysnand.

But if you want to actually use your sysnand for online play you will have to update.
The biggest argument I am seeing for emunand is "with emu I don't have to update sys and can stay low and won't get banned". But in this scenario having the sysnand is kinda useless no?

If you are also going to update your sysnand then I can understand having emu only for pirated if you are also gonna update sys.
the way i see it, i would be legit on sysnand, play online, and stuff like that. I would then use the emunand to play pirated games

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope. I don't think it's entirely necessary.
Emunand or no emunand. The device serial number/cert is still linked online so a ban is possible either way. (Even if using airplane mode when playing and turning it back on after may allow Nintendo to check remnants later). There is probably more likelihood of more of these checks in later firmwares and less chance on FW below 4.xx perhaps.

Reactions: Kioku

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What would be really interesting is some sort of study on buying behaviour with products like this when the ban risk is clearly stated versus minimally stated or absent.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Why not stick to your other machine, no?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    my other machine is old, mostly used for just browsing , some multimedia stuff as it's just old
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music