Hacking TX SX Faq #2 (Homebrew on all firmware Support and Payload Loading from SD Card!!!

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So i have an unopned micro sd 128 gb , that i bought dor the switch , should i formated before i put it in the switch or when i start using xecuter OS , and wich is the best format for the card and switch ?

Pacote

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Will wait and see what though? He's gonna need to update to play games that require higher firmware

Simple

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm sure the OS will log everything
Tx SX is detectable so we all risk ban

the "wait and see" is for a solution that wont require the console to be updated in order to run the latest games

Not like it wasnt done before via CFW

Last edited by Pacote,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i have an unopned micro sd 128 gb , that i bought dor the switch , should i formated before i put it in the switch or when i start using xecuter OS , and wich is the best format for the card and switch ?
FAT32 if you don't plan on updating. ExFAT if you plan on updating to the latest firmware. They have the means to support both so its your choice.

Reactions: matias3ds

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sticicking with atmosphere. This looks rushed because 1) It just gained Homebrew support last miniute 2) It's main feature is piracy but it doesn't even support piracy for eShop games. 3) Could be unsafe running because it was rushed, closed source, and dosnt have emunand.

jakkal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sticicking with atmosphere. This looks rushed because 1) It just gained Homebrew support last miniute 2) It's main feature is piracy but it doesn't even support piracy for eShop games. 3) Could be unsafe running because it was rushed, closed source, and dosnt have emunand.
1. its not rushed, they just added hekate ipl to their code
2 atmosphere does not support piracy as it stands right now
3 if you run atmosphere you risk ban as well

all 3 of your points make no sense. just stick to atmosphere because you like free

be honest

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read a lot about tribalism and virtue signalling lately but this forum is the first time I've experienced it first hand.

It's pretty fascinating how people can argue at length about things they barely understand or even have any evidence of.

I'm looking forward to messing about with the TX dongle, the internal soldered modchip, and Atmosphere (not sure why some people think you can only choose one and have to swear allegiance to it).
I'm team SaltyFail0overXecuterSwitched

Last edited by Draxzelex,

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that this runs in sysnand with basically no blanked out telemetry or accountability for the cart certs is hilarious to me. This is going to leave traces everywhere and the methodology is going to get flagged in mediately if anything tries to talk with the CDN, which basic sysnand will constantly want to do for updates.

Oh. Oh my.

Sonics99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knowing that BBB ripped the cert info out of their releases and provided the hex location to replace it...anyone seen a way to even get the cert value from the official carts I have? I assume if not, that will come in time. Since there is no way to dump my own, I was hoping I could at least use my real certs with the BBB dumps. I'm sure going online with a blank cert would result in a ban at some point, if its even possible.

The one thing I was looking forward to was not having to buy multiple Mario Karts for instance, for the couple of times I would have 8 people and want to play on both of my switches. But I assume I'm out of luck there as even having one real cert wouldn't work if they are both going online at the same time.

I assume nintendo has to allow some leniency with the certs as games can be sold, borrowed, shared etc... between multiple switches, but this would be two online at the exact same time and that may be something they check for.

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its most likely the same way things like luma on the 3ds can chain load.

Something like hold L when booting tx to chain load
prob hold vol + or - since the joycons cant connect at that stage of booting

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The fact that this runs in sysnand with basically no blanked out telemetry or accountability for the cart certs is hilarious to me. This is going to leave traces everywhere and the methodology is going to get flagged in mediately if anything tries to talk with the CDN, which basic sysnand will constantly want to do for updates.

Oh. Oh my.
im pretty sure they've thought of this, where do you get the idea that theres no telemetry or accountability?

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im pretty sure they've thought of this, where do you get the idea that theres no telemetry or accountability?

Operating on sysnand is immediately a bad proposition for telemetry because it leaves traces. If the firmware update brings in new checks, which every major update has, it will immediately pick it up.

Basic logic then dictates if you're sysnand limited with the above consideration already failed to pass muster, they've basically done zero accountability.

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Operating on sysnand is immediately a bad proposition for telemetry because it leaves traces. If the firmware update brings in new checks, which every major update has, it will immediately pick it up.

Basic logic then dictates if you're sysnand limited with the above consideration already failed to pass muster, they've basically done zero accountability.
i would imagine, however, if you stayed in normal mode (not sx os), you'd be fine. maybe. But if you played online you may get rekt

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would imagine, however, if you stayed in normal mode (not sx os), you'd be fine. maybe. But if you played online you may get rekt

It will always leave traces if it's on the main memory, there's no getting around it. And yes, moment you touch online then you're just providing a log file to Nintendo.

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will always leave traces if it's on the main memory, there's no getting around it. And yes, moment you touch online then you're just providing a log file to Nintendo.
hmmm. I preordered it simply because A. I wanted a better rcm jig and B. it looks cool, and doesnt require a PC. I may not use the OS however, if i can get fuckd by ninty by what you said

Wezaa

Trophies
XP
Country

Is there any guarantees what so ever that using an emunand on your system won't leave a single trace somewhere that Nintendo can see and result in a ban?
I'm not a dev/programmer, so I don't know. Bi do however imagine that this isn't something that can be guaranteed.

As stated many time. You want to modify your device in any way using any available option, be prepared to get banned.

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any guarantees what so ever that using an emunand on your system won't leave a single trace somewhere that Nintendo can see and result in a ban?
I'm not a dev/programmer, so I don't know. Bi do however imagine that this isn't something that can be guaranteed.

As stated many time. You want to modify your device in any way using any available option, be prepared to get banned.
if the emunand is on a separate sd card and its not in the system when you play normally, you wouldnt get detected. you could still be detected while USING the emunand however

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EmuNAND is on the SD card. If you use emuNAND and go online and/or pirate (though I suspect the latter much more so than the former) you'd still be in a perilous position to cop a ban.

bartys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
EmuNAND is on the SD card. If you use emuNAND and go online and/or pirate (though I suspect the latter much more so than the former) you'd still be in a perilous position to cop a ban.
What if you use 2 sd card. One for online games (sysnand) and other for emunand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff