Status
Not open for further replies.

TX Presents SX OS v2.9 BETA - With Full v9.0 Firmware Support!

NEW UPDATE FIXES UPGRADE ISSUES!

PLEASE USE V2.9.1b INSTEAD OF 2.9

YOU CAN NOW USE CHOIDUJOURNX 1.0.2 WITH 2.9.1b

Good day, fans and believers! We hope you are all having a good weekend.

SXOS29.png

Team-Xecuter has done it again, they have updated their world-famous SX OS to now support the latest v9.0 Switch firmware from Nintendo.
Today, we bring you a much needed update of SX OS. Full compatibility with the latest Switch firmware 9.0! Sorry that we kept you waiting, we wanted to make sure all our unique features still properly work.

Additionally, we also introduced support for the "Horizon split format". This means that people who use FAT32 can have folders named 'game.xci' with split parts contained therein (named 00, 01, 02, etc.). Make sure the folder has the 'archive' bit set.

We know you are waiting for some other big features in SX OS, they are coming.. We wanted to get this compatibility update out first though.

So what are you waiting for? SX OS 2.9 beta is available for download on our website now! (and also through the builtin online updater part of SX OS.)
—< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >—

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by SonyUSA,

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Also where is garry in the last 19 pages huh. Hiding like tx are. Sxos is a shitstorm atm. I hope for the tx fans tx sort there shit out quick smart. Not fair for anyone to have bricked consoles.

It's the weekend, not everyone works 24/7 - though why some companies release major patches / updates for any product on a Friday is beyond me.. It means if there are problems their support and devs aren't around to quickly address issues until 2 days later.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I disable stealth to update my games.
Then there's no point you using stealth mode at all. All the logs & telemetry that isn't sent when stealth mode is on, is saved up and sent the moment there's a connection available (ie stealth mode turned off).

Khar00f

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then there's no point you using stealth mode at all. All the logs & telemetry that isn't sent when stealth mode is on, is saved up and sent the moment there's a connection available (ie stealth mode turned off).

That's fine, I was doing it long before stealth was an option, so far I'm still not banned (it seems) since I can still download the updates.

I don't use this switch for dual boot, I use only with SX, I have another switch for my online play.

Reactions: isoboy

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
IF TX have blindly copied code from Atmosphere, then ChoiDuJourNX should be working with no issues, since the 1.02 revision of CJNX apparently has atmos only compatible code calls in it (from discussions on Discord - currently trying to catch up on facts, rather than opinions). Since CJNX is also closed source it's not something *I* can easily look into.

You missed one key word "blindly". Since they "blindly" copied code and didn't test for any conflicts that may happen with their own code. You got the situation with ChoiDujourNX where people's switches got bricked. I can't think of another reason for this.

Still checking, but that semi has to be expected - it was like an earlier GC firmware update - was it 3.x or 4.x where there was a forced GC update in the firmware update. It seems that with 9.0.0 the forced GC update process also burns a fuse - I'll need to verify in the atmos sections, though possibly that might be related to the atmos specific code in ChoiDuJourNX so it skips burning a fuse? Further research will hopefully uncover the truth rather than opinion.

You really didn't need to check? Hexkyz already has confirmed that this update burnt a GC fuse. It shouldn't really "be expected". What I did expect however was TX to inform users of this issue and they should've gave the users two options. To either enable nogc and not be able to use it on 9.0.0 (but still have the ability to use it on earlier firmwares) or don't enable nogc and be able to use it on 9.0.0 (but not on earlier firmwares). ChoiDujourNX also has literally nothing to do with GC fuses and it can't be worked for it not to burn GC fuses.

The GC code has changed and still boots single title XCIs with no issues - it is only the bundled XCIs with DLC and updates integrated which are having issues and guess what? That's probably because of the updated GC firmware from Nintendo. I'm guessing Nintendo now check to see if there is only a single titleID / licence / ticket in the XCI for it to run, if there are more (which should never occur in real cartridges) then it's not passing the security test.

But since XCI is an SX OS specifc thing and loads of atmos users have said they never see the point, I guess it won't effect anyone other than SX OS users, right?

Grasping for thin straws, I never said it couldn't boot normal xci files. That could be possible but then riddle me this. Why didn't TX test and resolve this? They were already two weeks behind Atmosphere in getting 9.0.0 support is that not enough time to check that every feature is at least functional on 9.0.0? We'll have to wait and see what Nintendo has done behind the scenes.

Yes, you are correct. But how is atmosphere relevant to this? I hadn't even mentioned atmosphere in the points that I made.

And features from SX OS have been integrated into Atmos (cheat engine) - who really cares (only the SX OS haters, that's who!)? I'm certain earlier version of Tinfoil and other third party installers had support for split NSP and XCI files many, many months previously.

It's almost like complaining if Windows added something like EXT4 support and all the *NIX and Apple users were boo hooing and throwing tantrums.
Again, grasping for thin straws. First point I can entirely dismiss as Atmosphere isn't the target here. Also tinfoil has no relevance here either.

Except, they'd require actual effort to port the codebase of Windows. Since SX OS is based off Horizon. It's an easy copy and paste session.

That's ok, no one ever for an instant thought you would keep quiet about a new release from TX. We could sense the pressure building up from the other side of the planet.
lmao ok. I didn't start shit talking until bad stuff actually started to happen and even then it was mild comments until my summary.

Last edited by Essasetic,

Espen84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I did the same with mine. Tried to update mi emunand 8.1 (sysnand also 8.1) with Choi on sxos 2.9. It just got stuck on flashing.. so I shut it down. When I tried to boot, I just got black screen. Then I booted with holding the up volume, in to sxos menu.. from there I deleted the emunand.. rebooted in to sxos tried first sysnand just to make sure, seemed ok.. so I made a new emunand ( on so card, not hidden) some prosess and still failed.. did this all over but not on sxos 2.8 beta. Now it upgraded firmware as it should.. it rebooted to black screen. (Got a bit scared then) but then I remember I am on sxos 2.8 that don't support fw 9.0.. so I added the boot.bin 2.9 and all seems good at last. I see people had som issues with xci and gamecard. But I don't know, seems ok here... at least what I can see.. did trie a gamecard, it worked, I did tried a xci, worked. So don't know seems okey.

Espen84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I did the same with mine. Tried to update mi emunand 8.1 (sysnand also 8.1) with Choi on sxos 2.9. It just got stuck on flashing.. so I shut it down. When I tried to boot, I just got black screen. Then I booted with holding the up volume, in to sxos menu.. from there I deleted the emunand.. rebooted in to sxos tried first sysnand just to make sure, seemed ok.. so I made a new emunand ( on so card, not hidden) some prosess and still failed.. did this all over but not on sxos 2.8 beta. Now it upgraded firmware as it should.. it rebooted to black screen. (Got a bit scared then) but then I remember I am on sxos 2.8 that don't support fw 9.0.. so I added the boot.bin 2.9 and all seems good at last. I see people had som issues with xci and gamecard. But I don't know, seems ok here... at least what I can see.. did trie a gamecard, it worked, I did tried a xci, worked. So don't know seems okey.
I did see something about burning GC fuses, if you trie a gamecard in sx 2.9.and that it GC will not work on lower firmware. So basically I'm F*** couse I did not read that before after.. but i don't get all crazy about it either, as long as it at least work on 9.0 and later.. don't use GC anyway, did not even know GC had fuses to burn before today so

Badder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was stuck at the Nintendo logo black screen loop after updating my switch sx is 2.9 to firmware 9.0.0 with ChoidojourNX 1.01 fortunately i could still boot into rcm so I booted up atmosphere like the other post said and updated my firmware through choidojourNX 1.02 and it works fine now.

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I'm on 8.1 (not using emunand) and 2.8 now. What's the definitive way to update to 9.0 and 2.9?
Use 2.8 and CDJ 1.0.1 to update the fw, and then boot with 2.9?

SpiderPig2810

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can not boot to atmosphere. But why? I used a tutorial from this forum to use both atmosphere and SX OS side by side. I followed the instructions and got to the point where atmosphere tries to load, i also got the logo screen and so on. But then i get a grey screen with a lot of messages (from atmosphere) that i can push the power button to restart or hold with vol + button and so on.....

How can i get atmosphere running? I have no idea what's SysNAND oder EmuNAND or so.

There was no problem in the past for upgrading. How can i downgrade to 8.1 without the opportunity to boot up OFW, Sx OS or atmosphere? Is my Switch bricked?

Badder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was stuck on black screen after Nintendo logo when I tried to upgrade firmware to 9.0.0 with sx os 2.9 choidujourNX 1.01 so like another post mentioned I booted atmosphere and installed firm 9.0.0 again with choidujourNX 1.02 and it works fine again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can not boot to atmosphere. But why? I used a tutorial from this forum to use both atmosphere and SX OS side by side. I followed the instructions and got to the point where atmosphere tries to load, i also got the logo screen and so on. But then i get a grey screen with a lot of messages (from atmosphere) that i can push the power button to restart or hold with vol + button and so on.....

How can i get atmosphere running? I have no idea what's SysNAND oder EmuNAND or so.

There was no problem in the past for upgrading. How can i downgrade to 8.1 without the opportunity to boot up OFW, Sx OS or atmosphere? Is my Switch bricked?

I don't know much so I probly won't be much help lol but I did have some error when trying to boot atmosphere whole a game cartridge was in my switch so I removed the game and rebooted my switch and it worked fine.

roamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's the weekend, not everyone works 24/7 - though why some companies release major patches / updates for any product on a Friday is beyond me.. It means if there are problems their support and devs aren't around to quickly address issues until 2 days later.

When your software is killing people's switches you better start working 24/7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!