Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

United States
    Does anyone know what's the best firefox extension to unblock sites that is safe?

Anyway TX site is not locked here for now, but some websites are and I just use hide.me temporary VPN (from their webpage without involving the software) which doesnt allow downloading of links and I won't install their software anyway, when I want to download I still use a very old app called ultrasurf which I have used for many years though its slow as hell, but anyway its just so I get the download links and then I download from my original ISP for full speed and no crapware needed...

2. RedHunter

RedHunter GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    I'm not banned so if I update SX to 2.9 and then update my sysnand using Nintendo servers I should be ok? I can leave emunand at 8.1 atm. The problem is using Choixdujour if I'm not mistaken.

3. Espen84

Espen84 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Norway
    Ok, I have one question. I see and read that some got there switch bricked by trying to update fw on sxos 2.9 ok.. but I also see that some brick there switch triying to update there emunand fw to 9.0 from sx 2.9. I don't see how that's possible. In my understanding, (limited understanding) emunand don't touch the sysnand. So should it not just be able to delete the emunand then, and create a new emunand from sysnand. I feel lucky, because this seems to be ok for me...

Ok the question, do emunand affect sysnand??

4. masterzed

masterzed GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    Tema TX - please fix this soon :)

5. RedHunter

RedHunter GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    22 pages and no mod had the brain to update the title about the situation. Wow.

retrofan_k, kernelPANIC and guily6669 like this.
  6. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    I don't use firefox any more but they have a chrome extension so I'd guess they have one for firefox too - I use a vpn called Windscribe, it gives you a decent amount of traffic for free (like 3gb a month or something, I've never got close to using it all), and has a browser extension that lets you switch it on/off and change the destination country your connection will appear to be from on the fly. It's been useful for UK site blocks among other things.

As of right now I can still access the TX site without vpn, I guess Virgin haven't activated the block yet.

7. Kyrara

Kyrara GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I don't know why all people need instant update to 9.0.0.
    Why not wait for the SX Installer update that GreyOPA has called in so the start of the Discussion and update with it.

I Updated my SysNAND to 9.0.0 for Online Play without any Problems and my EmuNAND is waiting on 8.1.0 for a game that need 9.0.0.

8. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

United States
    Just checked and there is that extension for firefox too, don't know if I will add, but thanks for the tip, I will save the name in case I ever want to give it a try:grog:.
    It's already explained a gazillion times... if it's the emunand that you are updating, yes, the console won't brick, its just the emunand that gets screwed, if your emunand got corrupted and you have a backup of it before updating, just replace the files in the mSD and will work back to the backup state... in case its the sysnand I have no idea if it breaks it or not since I won't read the whole thread, but maybe it will brick the sysnand if updating it offline using SX OS 2.9 with choidujour so it would probably need a backup to fix too and restore it...

But as explained before a million times, just use SX OS 2.8 to update emunand to 9.0 with ChoiDujour, then turn the console off and replace the SX OS 2.8 with 2.9 (boot.dat) and should boot fine... It's the SX OS 2.9 that isn't working good with choidujour...

And anyway it's also said TX will update I think the installer if I remember well and will support FW upgrade so ppl can also wait for it or wait for a better SX OS version (with more bug fixes) as I don't think there's much to win in updating emunand to 9.0 at the moment, last game I just tried was GRID Autosport and installed the update all downloaded from the internet and its working fine on the older FW and the game released only a few days ago...

ps: And as always BEFORE UPDATING EMUNAND\SYSNAND, ALWAYS DO A BACKUP OF THE LATEST ONE YOU HAVE TO KEEP ALL THE LATEST DATA SAFE, this will prevent a lot of headaches in case something goes wrong, so its a good practice to keep making backups from time to time or each time you will do a major update, remember there was also modified\made software to brick the console software on purpose, so you never know when a brick will happen, you might download a warez game and get a brick or some other crap if it was modified to brick it (sadly, yes there are malicious ppl out there even in the console hacking community...)...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  9. praedo

praedo Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Is there a way to access corrupted emunand and recover save data from games?

10. mastermischke

mastermischke Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Well I think I screwed up big time.
    Was on 6.0.1. and wanted to play links awakening.
    Somehow updated to 9.0. via Nintendo built in WiFi update ... by accident ..... yeah I am stupid.

Realized my mistake way toooo late

Now my switch doesn’t boot. Neither OFW nor custom firmware.
    I can get into RCM and inject a payload (via usb - pc) but I only get as far as the atmosphere logo. After that - black screen.

Ofc I do NOT have a nand backup from 6.0.1 ....

Any ideas?

11. HugoAndore

HugoAndore Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I never understood the whole debacle in this community between TX & Atmosphere. This whole back and fourth of stealing code, copying code, features, etc. Don't matter to me I use TX (mainly), atmosphere, rein, if this whole useless debate can end by given credit to the atmo or whomever TX used the open/closed source code they should do it. Nothing worst then reading through this every update. 4 out of 5 of us (homebrew users only 1 of 5) maybe 5 of 5 use cfw for "Free" games should we give nintendo credit lol. We play free (Stolen, borrow, trial, or whatever you want to call it to sleep at night) games, but draw the line on hackers stealing from hackers. lol lets just enjoy the groups, all of them.

I come here to see, the homebrew, updates and features. Props to those people that help others when there are bugs.

gizmomelb likes this.
  12. markmcrobie

markmcrobie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Well I think I bricked my Switch by using ChoiDuJourNX 1.0.1 to try update to 9.0.0 with SX OS 2.9b installed; like others, it hung at "Flashing firmware" and now I just get a black screen at boot after the first "Nintendo" logo. I can still access SX OS menu, but even trying to launch OFW from there does the same thing.

However...

If I inject the Hekate payload and use that to launch Atmosphere, it loads the Atmosphere CFW no problem. So I'm assuming the console isn't completely bricked??

13. markmcrobie

Well I think I bricked my Switch by using ChoiDuJourNX 1.0.1 to try update to 9.0.0 with SX OS 2.9b installed; like others, it hung at "Flashing firmware" and now I just get a black screen at boot after the first "Nintendo" logo. I can still access SX OS menu, but even trying to launch OFW from there does the same thing.

However...

If I inject the Hekate payload and use that to launch Atmosphere, it loads the Atmosphere CFW no problem. So I'm assuming the console isn't completely bricked??

14. SaggyBeans

SaggyBeans GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    It is not completely bricked, many have used atmosphere is your situation to either reinstall firmware 9.0.0 or downgrade back to what you were on.

15. markmcrobie

Yeah I just used ChoiDuJourNX 1.0.2 to downgrade back to 8.1.0 and SX OS seems to be working again

SaggyBeans likes this.
  16. SaggyBeans

SaggyBeans GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I would leave it like this now until we get an update from TX. You may also want to see what they say about GC fuse burn and custom XCI loading prior to updating to 9.0.0.

17. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Togo
    Most likely you lost your exfat support and the switch can no longer read your sd card. Format to fat32, put your files back, and try injecting the payload again.

mastermischke likes this.
  18. mastermischke

mastermischke Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    well I tried that
    But I can’t format the SD file (write protected I don’t know why?)
    And I only get 32 gig out of 200 gig as space (fat32)

is there a hidden partition or something like that?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  19. darkseekerliu

darkseekerliu Advanced Player

Brazil
    I myself use Windscribe extension with free account. 10gb for free.

20. xabier

xabier GBAtemp Fan

United States
    2.9 broke tinfoil on 8.1 sx OS, i guess that i will continue using clean kosmos without the tinfoil fork/patches

21. Echizen94

Echizen94 Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Same for me. I was in 6.2 and i update my firmware by ChoidujourNX to 9.0.
    After the reboot, i can't launch Custom firmware. I've Nintendo error "2168-0002"

(my sysnand it's ok, i talk about my emunand)

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Presents, Firmware, Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.