Status
Not open for further replies.

TX Presents SX OS v2.9 BETA - With Full v9.0 Firmware Support!

NEW UPDATE FIXES UPGRADE ISSUES!

PLEASE USE V2.9.1b INSTEAD OF 2.9

YOU CAN NOW USE CHOIDUJOURNX 1.0.2 WITH 2.9.1b

Good day, fans and believers! We hope you are all having a good weekend.

SXOS29.png

Team-Xecuter has done it again, they have updated their world-famous SX OS to now support the latest v9.0 Switch firmware from Nintendo.
Today, we bring you a much needed update of SX OS. Full compatibility with the latest Switch firmware 9.0! Sorry that we kept you waiting, we wanted to make sure all our unique features still properly work.

Additionally, we also introduced support for the "Horizon split format". This means that people who use FAT32 can have folders named 'game.xci' with split parts contained therein (named 00, 01, 02, etc.). Make sure the folder has the 'archive' bit set.

We know you are waiting for some other big features in SX OS, they are coming.. We wanted to get this compatibility update out first though.

So what are you waiting for? SX OS 2.9 beta is available for download on our website now! (and also through the builtin online updater part of SX OS.)
—< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >—

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by SonyUSA,

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So to summarise this whole debacle:

• TX has made it quite obvious that it has blindly copied code from Atmosphere without testing it out and making changes where necessary. Causing the bricks when updating to 9.0.0 via ChoiDujourNX.
  • TX also has not mentioned that as soon as you mount your GC then it'll update it and burn a fuse. Essentially rendering it useless if you decide to downgrade below 9.0.0.
  • The update has also broken custom xcis and converted xcis.
  • Bonus Round: TX also took a feature from HOS (Horizon/Switch OS) and passed it off as their own work (support for splitted .xci files).
I know I said I'd keep neutral but I couldn't help but document this shitshow. I'll be sure to prepare some popcorn for the next major release.

Last edited by Essasetic,

kornjaca200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

• TX has made it quite obvious that it has blindly copied code from Atmosphere without testing it out and making changes where necessary. Causing the bricks when updating to 9.0.0 via ChoiDujourNX.
  • TX also has not mentioned that as soon as you mount your GC then it'll update it and burn a fuse. Essentially rendering it useless if you decide to downgrade below 9.0.0.
  • Bonus Round: TX also took a feature from HOS (Horizon/Switch OS) and passed it off as their own work (support for splitted .xci files).
I know I said I'd keep neutral but I couldn't help but document this shitshow. I'll be sure to prepare some popcorn for the next major release.

All the bricks that happened today are unacceptable and nobody should defend this shitshow. That said i think this is the beginning of the end for SX

Reactions: thaikhoa

KingMuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
updated sys to 9.0 a few days ago (accidentally before sxos 2.9b dropped) while I had a 8.1 emu w/i sxos 2.8b.
Anyway ended up updating sxos to 2.9b asap then i updated emu to 9.0...console rebooted and then i launched 9.0emu with sxos 2.9b.

Some xci's load but most don't custom/super. Apps are a bit shitty (guess apps gotta be updated to use with sxos??)
Don't have any themes installed nor do I have any theme folders/files on my microSD.
See a lot of posts about bricks and shit....fucking shit?! How the hell does that even happen? O-O;

Welp, I guess I gotta hold off til that sxos 2.9.1b

Edit: and burnt fuses too?....:wacko:

Last edited by KingMuk,

Vagos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Could I please have some support on the effort to update with choi?
It wont boot and I am on rcm.
I can see the sx logo and then black screen.

Thank you

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as posted in reply to someone else, if you're a dev and your app doesn't work under SX OS - contact them, they'll assist. Just like Steam would in your above example. no need to reverse engineer but often that's what software devs do - as said, even different compilers can give different results so often devs work these things out themselves, no need to do the full stateful box reverse engineering.

but that point seems to be missed.

again.. if something doesn't work - then ask them. if you're truly not wanting to lock out one CFW then it's a simple thing to do. But the tribalism between CFW is strong and often encouraged on here.
I guess we'll just have to disagree on that. And I believe I understand why we see this differently.
For me, it's not the homebrew that's broken, but the homebrew support within SX OS. Thus, we shouldn't have to rely on every homebrew dev contacting SX OS when things don't work properly, because in my mind SX OS should be able to fix the homebrew functionality of their cfw rather than forcing every homebrew dev to jump through hoops to make it work on something that isn't properly utilizing the NRO output of libnx. For me, this isn't "locking out" cfw, as any cfw can add proper support for it if they do it properly. For me, it should be on the cfw devs if it's a problem across most homebrew, not just one or two.
Which is why I used the steam example. If it is a problem with just a few games, then yes the game devs would need to work with steam to fix it. But if it's an issue across most games, it's no longer on the game devs to fix, but rather steam to figure out what in their system is breaking everything.

For me, it's not the homebrew that's broken, but rather the homebrew handling withing SX OS. And to force homebrew devs to "fix" their unbroken homebrew when the actual underlying problem is within SX OS makes no sense, as without resolving the underlying problem, it will just continue to cause problems with current and future homebrew. Why go out and "fix" all of the homebrew, when you'll just have to do it again with new homebrew. When the easier and better solution is to fix the problem within SX OS. That way any and all homebrew would be "fixed", and would not be a problem for future homebrew. Treat the problem at the source, rather than treat the symptoms of the problem.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
FW 9.0.0 included a new update for the Gamecart. If SX don't have "nogc" activated, a fuse in the gamecart will be burnt. So you are forced to use 9.0.0 (minimum for now) on all your firmwares (sysnand and emummc) basically.

Volthax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles

The real summary is that you and everyone else should stop wining.
Moral of the Story: NURSE... is a MAN! with a 'HOOK'

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's nothing good to point out from this update though. Unless you consider 9.0.0 support 2 weeks later than the alternatives good.

what about previous SX updates? . I'm sure if i searched your previous posts in SX threads I wouldn't find anything you posted about TX that was either neutral or positive

what has anyone missed ?, i don't think there is anything out for V9.00 ? . I'll only update when I have to.

but I don't know how you can call yourself neutral with regards to TX, your as neutral as Bercow is with his 'F*ck Brexit' car sticker :)

Reactions: gizmomelb
D

Deleted User

what about previous SX updates? . I'm sure if i searched your previous posts in SX threads I wouldn't find anything you posted about TX that was either neutral or positive

what has anyone missed ?, i don't think there is anything out for V9.00 ? . I'll only update when I have to.

but I don't know how you can call yourself neutral with regards to TX, your as neutral as Bercow is with his 'F*ck Brexit' car sticker :)

Don't update especially if you have cusom xci files like I do, they wont mount and are forced to install them in order to play.

SpiderPig2810

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I used a tutorial here to use atmosphere to solve the problem but after booting with atmosphere i also got an error. Sooo...no booting with OFW, no booting with SX OS2.9, no booting with SX 2.8, no booting with Atmosphere 0.9.4 and no backup. What shoud i do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work