Status
Not open for further replies.

TX Presents SX OS v2.9 BETA - With Full v9.0 Firmware Support!

NEW UPDATE FIXES UPGRADE ISSUES!

PLEASE USE V2.9.1b INSTEAD OF 2.9

YOU CAN NOW USE CHOIDUJOURNX 1.0.2 WITH 2.9.1b

Good day, fans and believers! We hope you are all having a good weekend.

SXOS29.png

Team-Xecuter has done it again, they have updated their world-famous SX OS to now support the latest v9.0 Switch firmware from Nintendo.
Today, we bring you a much needed update of SX OS. Full compatibility with the latest Switch firmware 9.0! Sorry that we kept you waiting, we wanted to make sure all our unique features still properly work.

Additionally, we also introduced support for the "Horizon split format". This means that people who use FAT32 can have folders named 'game.xci' with split parts contained therein (named 00, 01, 02, etc.). Make sure the folder has the 'archive' bit set.

We know you are waiting for some other big features in SX OS, they are coming.. We wanted to get this compatibility update out first though.

So what are you waiting for? SX OS 2.9 beta is available for download on our website now! (and also through the builtin online updater part of SX OS.)
—< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >—

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by SonyUSA,

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what about previous SX updates? . I'm sure if i searched your previous posts in SX threads I wouldn't find anything you posted about TX that was either neutral or positive

what has anyone missed ?, i don't think there is anything out for V9.00 ? . I'll only update when I have to.
That has no relevance to this thread or the points I've made so idk why you're deciding to bring it up. Also that's "previous" and the last update was 3 months ago. Time & people can change then. e.g. I mostly stopped giving a shit until this happened.

but I don't know how you can call yourself neutral with regards to TX, your as neutral as Bercow is with his 'F*ck Brexit' car sticker :)

Ah yes. The method of insulting people when you don't have a leg to stand on.

SpiderPig2810

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I used a tutorial here to use atmosphere to solve the problem but after booting with atmosphere i also got an error. Sooo...no booting with OFW, no booting with SX OS2.9, no booting with SX 2.8, no booting with Atmosphere 0.9.4 and no backup. What shoud i do now?

yakuku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So to confirm XCI Loading is screwed for FW 8 and lower if you update, but if there’s a new OFW update of let’s say 10.0.0 and i downgraded to FW 9.0.0, XCI will work but only that FW?

lamende

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone give a definitive guide on what to do for SX Users?

I am on Sysnand 8.1
Emunand - tried to update to 9.0 with Choi 1.01 and SX2.9

Obviously, like everyone else I got stuck downloading the new OS... now when i boot to emuNand I have a black screen.

Is there any way to recover emunand? I'm okay with completely restoring my emuNand - tried that but that didn't work either.

Need some help lol... what is the step by step?

Other notes - I am okay with completely wiping EmuNand and restarting. Is this possible?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I’m quite sure most of these comments about 2.9beta not working etc.. are either cfw flame war commenting towards TX or just trolling for fun because I have fully tested version 2.9 and it works fine, the only minor issues was you needed 2.8beta on your sd card and gc-ini file to install a “reputable” firmware 9.0 with version 1.0.2 ChoiDujournx then put 2.9beta on the sd card when rebooting also you need to delete your themes, reinstall but not the lock screen theme apart from those issues I cannot find anything wrong.

Last edited by Reecey,

SXAintSoBad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
the first rule of updating is always back up your NAND (both if you're using emu as well as sys).
The first rule of GBATemp is to blame SX-OS when you were to lazy to take the time-consuming step of backing up your NAND before updating.

Actually, the first rule of GBATemp is to blame SX-OS for everything; global warming, President Trump, cute cat pictures on the internet - SX-OS makes baby Jebus cry.

(and a reminder to the SX-OS users that you can block individual users (i.e. the Trolls) by clicking on the Usernames and choosing Ignore. Cleans up these threads beautifully).

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The first rule of GBATemp is to blame SX-OS when you were to lazy to take the time-consuming step of backing up your NAND before updating.

Actually, the first rule of GBATemp is to blame SX-OS for everything; global warming, President Trump, cute cat pictures on the internet - SX-OS makes baby Jebus cry.

(and a reminder to the SX-OS users that you can block individual users (i.e. the Trolls) by clicking on the Usernames and choosing Ignore. Cleans up these threads beautifully).

well I always wondered why for the Switch bounty in the apps section did Blawar get 0 points from the Gbatemp judges for tinfoil :unsure:, was it to do with his links to TX:unsure:, yet TX donated to the bounty.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-homebrew-bounty-month-2-and-the-winner-is.529430/

Reactions: gizmomelb

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Legend Of Kay

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So to summarise this whole
Bonus Round: TX also took a feature from HOS (Horizon/Switch OS) and passed it off as their own work (support for splitted .xci files).
I know I said I'd keep neutral but I couldn't help but document this shitshow. I'll be sure to prepare some popcorn for the next major release.

why would HOS have support for split xci files? Not trying to get into the very super lame flame wars going on. I’m just curious. Why would Nintendo have a feature in their OS that is only supporting piracy. Game cards don’t come with split files on them right?

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This update just makes me glad that I ditched Sx for atmosphere a month ago. Broken XCI loading, bricking if you update, and burning your game card fuses just show that tx does not care at all about the quality of their product like they used to. They also have still not implemented crash to reboot, emulation of amiibo, and overclocking (ofically). All of these features would be easy to implement. If had to guess TX does not have much incentive to implement these features since most people who want sx have already broughten it. Wont be long until tx looses incentive to even update sx for new firmware updates. At least once this happens the tx vs atmosphere wars will hopefully stop.

Reactions: kornjaca200

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Staff + Patreons voted. Not the Tempstaff themselves.

thanks for clearing that up linuxares but I still wonder why he got 0 votes yet many people have used his programs, even if you don't like TX you have to admit he's skilled and has programmed some useful apps for the switch

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would HOS have support for split xci files? Not trying to get into the very super lame flame wars going on. I’m just curious. Why would Nintendo have a feature in their OS that is only supporting piracy. Game cards don’t come with split files on them right?
It's just a feature that can load split files for the rare case a game would have a file larger than 4gb. Basically they just added support for it using that built-in feature from what I can gather based off of what I've heard. I could be wrong, just going of of what I've heard, and the fact that they literally have HOS in the name of the feature.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
thanks for clearing that up linuxares but I still wonder why he got 0 votes yet many people have used his programs, even if you don't like TX you have to admit he's skilled and has programmed some useful apps for the switch
Some other apps where better according to the staff. I can only answer for myself. This however doesn't belong in this topic. How I voted was on the program I use and therefore feel are useful.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It'll be interesting to see whether custom XCIs not working is an SX OS fuckup that will be fixed in a forthcoming version, or if it's been made impossible by whatever's been changed in how gamecard access is done in 9.0.0 and the new gc firmware.

Reactions: SaggyBeans

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's just a feature that can load split files for the rare case a game would have a file larger than 4gb. Basically they just added support for it using that built-in feature from what I can gather based off of what I've heard. I could be wrong, just going of of what I've heard, and the fact that they literally have HOS in the name of the feature.
They added support for nothing, they just noticed "oh it works we should announce it".

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is most likely due to the things he has done outside of developing apps. He has plain out attacked many other developers including the developers of atmosphere. He has also implemented a lot of anti atmosphere shady DRM into his programs. He also trade marked the name "tinfoil" and forced the actual devs of tinfoil to change the name of their program to goldleaf. He has also done a lot of other things that would take to long to list.

Reactions: JoeBloggs777
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge