Status
Not open for further replies.

TX Presents SX OS v2.9 BETA - With Full v9.0 Firmware Support!

NEW UPDATE FIXES UPGRADE ISSUES!

PLEASE USE V2.9.1b INSTEAD OF 2.9

YOU CAN NOW USE CHOIDUJOURNX 1.0.2 WITH 2.9.1b

Good day, fans and believers! We hope you are all having a good weekend.

SXOS29.png

Team-Xecuter has done it again, they have updated their world-famous SX OS to now support the latest v9.0 Switch firmware from Nintendo.
Today, we bring you a much needed update of SX OS. Full compatibility with the latest Switch firmware 9.0! Sorry that we kept you waiting, we wanted to make sure all our unique features still properly work.

Additionally, we also introduced support for the "Horizon split format". This means that people who use FAT32 can have folders named 'game.xci' with split parts contained therein (named 00, 01, 02, etc.). Make sure the folder has the 'archive' bit set.

We know you are waiting for some other big features in SX OS, they are coming.. We wanted to get this compatibility update out first though.

So what are you waiting for? SX OS 2.9 beta is available for download on our website now! (and also through the builtin online updater part of SX OS.)
—< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >—

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by SonyUSA,

smellyunicorn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did what was suggested (fix a few pages back) ... Choix Du Jour downgrade to 8.1 STUCK AT EXACTLY THE SAME BIT ... Now my OFW doesnt boot up either!!
No need to downgrade your firmware, just SX OS to 2.8. Boot atmosphere reinstall 9.0 firmware and boot sx os 2.9

Xilith

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Back up now, since 9.0 is working with SX OS no reason not to.

You are correct; here is a repository
REMOVED

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I tested Emunand 9.0 and the cart slot works. If you're still spooked; then update without burning fuses so you can downgrade if you find some bugs along the way.
maybe because you burned the gc slot fuse so it works with emunand but in the sysnand if the firmware is lower gc won't work, i want to avoid burning the gc slot fuse, how i can avoid it? i know that the gc slot in 9.0 emunand won't work but i don't care.

Last edited by Joe88,
Reactions: crazy_p

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For those of you who were able to update to 9.0.0 using sx os 2.8 and Choi 1.0.2 what issues are you still having? This is what I have so far:
1) Custom XCI loading issues.
2) Crashes when exiting album using B button while docked.
3) Cannot use card slot reader now on firmware lower than 9.0.0

Are you guys going to wait for a TX update to their beta or are you guys planning to downgrade to 8.1.0 & 2.8 for now?

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I can confirm that custom xci (xci game + update+DLC in a single file) don't work.

They are worked fine on SX beta 2.8 emunand 8.1.0 but got card reading errors when I tried them on SXbeta 2.9 on emunand 9.0.0. My sysnand is still 4.1 and never been modified in any way.

After restoring my emunand back to 8.1.0, but keep SX os beta 2.9, all custom xci files are working fine. The cause is something breaks custom xci loading on 9.0.0.
Forgot to mention that all xci files where loaded from a micro sd cardn not a hdd.

Quite Pitty.
I hope SX team can fix this soon!

All files were created with:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nsc_bui...lder-game-updates-dlc-in-a-single-xci.522486/

Last edited by JordenNixNix,
Reactions: ganons

smellyunicorn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sysnand OFW worked fine .... until I followed that thing you suggested... now thats a black screen too!
Well best of luck, I'm not sure what you're getting at with '.. until I followed that thing you suggested..' at no point did anyone suggest downgrading firmware, only SX OS. If you have a quote of mine you can get me on, I'll apologize and help but until them, try other options in this thread. (and if you truly were working in Emunand then your Sysnand would not be affected be sure you are working in the correct nand)

lamende

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I followed the guide and I am up and running after using 2.8 to flash the 9.0 and links awakening xci loads fine.
I didnt lose any data and just didnt copy the user/safe folder that doesnt exist in the firmware backup that was supplied to me.

Which guide did you use?

We went through the same issue, so I want to make sure I follow as closely to yours as possible

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Welp, TX burnt a GC Fuse without giving the user any option. If you're wondering why your .xci files won't work on any firmware below 9.0.0 now. That's why.
What triggers the fuse burning? Simply loading up cfw on 9.0.0 or using a GC on 9.0.0? What's the easiest way to check GC fuses?

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What triggers the fuse burning? Simply loading up cfw on 9.0.0 or using a GC on 9.0.0? What's the easiest way to check GC fuses?
Yeah simply loading up CFW on 9.0 (without the gamecard specifically being disabled) will burn a fuse. iirc you can't really check how many fuses you have burnt. You'll just know you have burnt one when you can't use your GC under 9.0.0

Reactions: SaggyBeans

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
maybe because you burned the gc slot fuse so it works with emunand but in the sysnand if the firmware is lower gc won't work, i want to avoid burning the gc slot fuse, how i can avoid it? i know that the gc slot in 9.0 emunand won't work but i don't care.

Not sure if that's true, I updated O/F to 9.0.0 but kept RCM mode enabled - then booted into Atmosphere on Original nand to check it worked (and to keep my efuses intact). I then dumped the 9.0.0 keys using locpic-rcm, and reinstalled 6.2.0 firmware - booted in to OFW - and the gamecard works just fine with Crash Bandicoot cartridge.

zniel0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lots of confusing information. I tried to update to 9.0 on my emunand ((online) with 2.9. It got stuck at updating. Should I go back to 2.8, update to 9.0? then update sx os?

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lots of confusing information. I tried to update to 9.0 on my emunand ((online) with 2.9. It got stuck at updating. Should I go back to 2.8, update to 9.0? then update sx os?
Personally I would just wait until they fix these issues. Even if you upgrade to 9.0.0 using sx os 2.8 and choi 1.0.2 there are still issues. Apparently we don't even know for certain if it burns the GCfuses.

lamende

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone give a definitive guide on what to do for SX Users?

I am on Sysnand 8.1
Emunand - tried to update to 9.0 with Choi 1.01 and SX2.9

Obviously, like everyone else I got stuck downloading the new OS... now when i boot to emuNand I have a black screen.

Is there any way to recover emunand? I'm okay with completely restoring my emuNand - tried that but that didn't work either.

Need some help lol... what is the step by step?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?