TX Presents SX OS v2.5 BETA - With LAN-PLAY Support

This One Is Great For All Those Waiting To Enjoy Smash Online!
SX25.jpg

TX as usual is listening to user feedback and requests, and here it is LAN-PLAY Support is now included in SX OS v2.5 BETA, enjoy! :)
Another day, another release!

Your friends from Team Xecuter are back with a fresh release of your beloved SX OS. This new v2.5 beta release introduces two exciting new functionalities that you all have been requesting.

Let's waste no time on chit-chat, and see what's new in this release:
  • Fixed sleepmode in case of fuse mismatch
    Sleep/standby mode would break when your emuNAND was on a different firmware version than your actual system NAND. This has been resolved now. So from now on you can run the latest and greatest firmware in emuNAND while at the same time keeping a lower firmware on your original system's NAND. Nifty!
  • Added initial support for "Internet Local Wireless Play"
    Many of you have been requesting for us to add support for "local wireless play" tunneling over the internet. We have integrated this functionality into SX OS for you. This currently requires you to use a bit of software, LAN-Play on a computer to facilitate the tunneling. This software can be downloaded from the LAN-Play website: www.LAN-PLAY.com. Check out their project, they are are doing an amazing job. To enable "Internet Local Wireless Play" simply head into the SX Menu and head over to the "options" page. There's a toggle for enabling and disabling this functionality at will now.
That's all for today. This marks the half-way point of SX OS 2. This year has been amazing and we want to thank the loyal and ever growing TX Switch user community, you guys are the reason this is all possible!
Our resident hard- and software wizards are hard at work at bringing you even more groundbreaking functionality and products. Keep an eye on us!

(As usual, please remember all our latest releases & apps, can be found on our sx.xecuter.com portal website)

--< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >--

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

loon111

Trophies
XP
Country
You're in the same folder as the file when you run the command, right? When you first open Terminal you're in your home folder (~). If the app is on your desktop, then you'd either need to navigate to the desktop, then run the command:
Code:
cd Desktop
chmod +x lan-play-macos
sudo ./lan-play-macos
or include the folder path when using the commands
Code:
chmod +x ~/Desktop/lan-play-macos
sudo ~/Desktop/lan-play-macos
nice one mate, how do i find out my switch lan interface now? nearly there

loon111

Trophies
XP
Country
Uh, I've never actually used this lan play thing, not sure about that.
it says this, the application will prompt you to enter your switch's LAN "interface". You must choose the one that is connected to your router.what would that be u think mate?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it says this, the application will prompt you to enter your switch's LAN "interface". You must choose the one that is connected to your router.what would that be u think mate?
Ah, switch with lowercase S. When you run the app and enter your relay address it'll give you a list of interfaces and the IPs they have (if they have one). Then you enter the number corresponding to it. Choose the one that has an IP address that's not 127.0.0.1

loon111

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, switch with lowercase S. When you run the app and enter your relay address it'll give you a list of interfaces and the IPs they have (if they have one). Then you enter the number corresponding to it. Choose the one that has an IP address that's not 127.0.0.1
you must be able to find it through switch u think?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

an what is relay address mate, sorry for these questions but not clued up like u mate

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, a switch is a network device that computers and devices connect to and has interfaces. Your router has a built-in switch so that more than one computer can plug into it. Not to be confused with a Nintendo Switch. The interface choice has nothing to do with your Switch. Really you should just run the app. I did to answer your question and it was pretty self-explanatory.

an what is relay address mate, sorry for these questions but not clued up like u mate
Yeah, no, this isn't a support thread for Lan-Play. I thought you just needed macOS help and was willing to answer as I use macOS too. If you need a hand-holding, step-by-step tutorial that goes into more depth than the actual on-website tutorial provides, get help on their discord server.

Reactions: _abysswalker_

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might be, but that is exactly what the changelog says: You can update your Emunand while keeping your Sysnand lower.
You could already do that. I understand the change log is confusing, but having a low SysNAND and high emuNAND was never an issue. Only the other way around had sleep issues.

loon111

Trophies
XP
Country
No, a switch is a network device that computers and devices connect to and has interfaces. Your router has a built-in switch so that more than one computer can plug into it. Not to be confused with a Nintendo Switch. The interface choice has nothing to do with your Switch. Really you should just run the app. I did to answer your question and it was pretty self-explanatory.

Yeah, no, this isn't a support thread for Lan-Play. I thought you just needed macOS help and was willing to answer as I use macOS too. If you need a hand-holding, step-by-step tutorial that goes into more depth than the actual on-website tutorial provides, get help on their discord server.
nice one mate, read through your advice again an sorted, thanks so much

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Suggestion for tx/gary to fix the lan play updating issue, load the lan play kip from an external file, but one that's signed by tx's private key, so sx os can tell it's not been tampered with to mess with your precious drm. Then you just need to release signed kips every time the public kip gets updated, instead of releasing a whole new sx os update. Have fun.

Reactions: Greyfux27 and iriez

smellyunicorn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly this thread is drowning in vitrol so finding info is difficult.

My question is, is this a good time to update from SX 2.0 for stability, 6.2 on emuNAND, etc? I want to update Smash but I'm a little behind on these things.
Yes, that's what I did. Updated to 6.2/latest sx os and created emunand. If you aren't banned or wanna check, backup your save files. Format the system, check in sysnand if you're banned (make sure SD card is out of console. Create emunand and play smash on sysnand.

Reactions: _abysswalker_

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You wont as you cannot help yourself and want every thread on gba turn into a shitstorm
Let's be real; if you didn't want a shitstorm you shouldn't come to GBAtemp at all.

The only time TX has ever surprised me was with the emunand thing. Everything else they do conveniently is released after an open source version is released. SX is only good for XCIs, for the few dinosaurs who need those for whatever reason, and emunand.

Stop labeling any disagreement and negativity toward TX as "hatred" because there's good reason to disagree with them.

Spacetime

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
is anyone having any trouble trying to start mk8 on this version every time i tried to play it would crash my switch so i went back to 2.4.1 and its working fine again

shinyoyo

Trophies
XP
Country
China
LayeredFS broke on Pokémon for me. I have to still test if it's affecting just my Switch or not, but anyone else using LayeredFS mods on 2.5 BETA without issue?

I can confirm,all LayeredFS mod is broked on SX OS 2.5.I tested Pokemn and Zelda's mod,all of them give me a black screen.I try it on version 2.4.1,it work again!

Reactions: thaikhoa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo