TX Demos SX OS v3.0.0 Running On Switch Lite

In their Happy Holidays Greeting Today, TX Dropped a Bombshell of a Teaser Video
SXLITE.png

Never say Impossible, as it seems Team-Xecuter has done the impossible, as their Happy Holidays Greeting comes with a jaw-dropping video! :)
Happy holidays season from everyone at Team-Xecuter!

We rocked the Switch in 2019 and with the year soon over, here is a little teaser of one of the things to come early 2020!
YouTube Video Removed, watch this alt. mirror instead: --> https://www.bitchute.com/video/6xT9Zy7FN2tK/

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by garyopa,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When SciresM says we in the reswitched server he's talking about reswitched. There are more than just TX and Reswitched in the scene. I think this assumption or misunderstanding is what causes a lot of us vs them mentality on both sides from people who don't dig deeper than what they see on reddit or GBATemp.

Or it seems SciresM himself as he seems to be basing his assertion that TX not having something on whether he has something, which if anyone thought logically for one second would be a ridiculous statement.

_hexkyz_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a wrong in assuming Hexkyz is the second biggest contributor in terms of lines of code to Atmos?, I'd say that's was more than occasionally sharing work.

You are not wrong there, what's incorrect is thinking that Atmosphère implies Reswitched or vice-versa. Frankly, I don't think it's your fault and you, like many others here as well, don't seem to me as someone trying to hate a side here. It's just that the miscommunication and bad blood have simply got a life of it's own and at this point the drama is a huge snowball that can't be stopped anymore.
I consider myself an independent actor that works closely *with* reswitched and switchbrew, that's all. I naturally share common points of view with others and even go as far as consider some as my friends, but ultimately my opinion is my own.

I have openly spoken about *my* particular issues with TX and why I think it's essential to call them out or even retaliate whenever needed. It's not about white knighting to me, it's about respect. I strongly believe the reason video game console scenes end up filled with drama and toxicity is because there is no respect anymore. Long ago even competing teams (piracy oriented or not) had respect for each other and while taunting was common, it would never reach the heights we see today.

I worked with the prior owner of xecuter (Paul)for nearly ten years before he took action in the Xbox 360 scene that I thought was unethical that caused me to become a whistleblower and damaged relationships with security researchers that I have great respect for.

But frankly it was the only thing he ever did that was suspect and even then it was not stealing others work merely licensing privately engineered software when no hardware solution was available and this software solution had historically been provided for free to the community.

Point being that the old xecuter *never* stole others work and used the literal millions of dollars made in profits from hardware sales to funnel back into the community in the form of continued research on reverse engineering new security and was extremely generous and helping me personally giveaway well over $10,000 worth of free xecuter products to the community with no strings attached. And that was just me. There were others in the community that also had good relationships and leveraged them to do good community work as well.

This should highlight the stark difference between xecuter today under new ownership versus Paul. It should be noted that none of the engineers today are any of the people that previously worked for Paul.

You're ultimately correct Mike about the tribalism within humanity and every community. I studied psychology and sociology and the commonly exhibited behaviors of humans fascinate me. The thing to understand is that decisions become ingrained in our neurology. when alcoholics decide to become sober or hyper-religious decide to become atheist... The thing that is in common is that most peoples brains reinforce those decisions and overtime they become deeply ingrained.

So for those people who buy xecuter products they don't want to be made to feel a fool so they fight really hard against people who lash out against them. and those who are big community supporters and proponents of free and open source software will do the opposite.

People will continue to cheerlead and march off the cliff because it's within human nature to do so.

this is why I have the utmost respect for individuals who are willing to change their minds based on new evidence. It's something that is so seriously lacking in today's society. I have personally changed religions and changed socio-political beliefs many times as I became older and learned new things.

It seems that many humans are just incapable of this and will waive the same flag until they die.

Thank you for posting all of your security analysis every update Mike. I don't know about everyone else but I do know that I certainly read it. It cracks me up that I still see dozens of "dur xecuter beat Atmos on 9.1.0! Thay dun steal code!" Here on gbatemp regularly. It just shows how little people understand and how tribal everyone is.

Edit - reading your old posts Mike. Can confirm, yes, new xecuter has nothing to do with the old team. Paul called it quits around 2011 or 2012? Can't recall exactly.

The company was sold to the whoever that gateway owner is ( I forget his name now, don't know too much about him)...and it doesn't surprise me that the ex gateway engineers are the ones doing the work now. I cannot confirm any of that because I don't know these people.

I do know that I reached out to the new owner because he controls the domain and receives the emails that I used to send to Paul at his admin address.

At first he acted like he was Paul and he knew me and I quickly realized it was not the same person. He was playing a game with me trying to pretend that he was the same owner as before to keep up the charade.

When I asked him some simple questions and had basic requests he failed to answer or provide. Paul would have never responded to me like that. We have too much good history between us despite one setback.

Thank you for sharing this @iriez, I believe it provides important insight on TX.

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
But I do not know why this thread is full of conspiracy theories? First they are bashed because they steal, now they do sth that no one done and some randoms form internet wanna digg from who they steal again. I mostly skip TX treads since they are filled with crap.

terraplen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Probably the same joy con hack they had originally
a joycon hack for the the switch lite (which has no detachable joycon)? must be a goodass hack

edit: to those writing paragraphs about this and that, just take the L and move on, this is sad at this point

Last edited by terraplen,

Switch_Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a joycon hack for the the switch lite (which has no detachable joycon)? must be a goodass hack

edit: to those writing paragraphs about this and that, just take the L and move on, this is sad at this point

They never will though. There is always going to be some conspiracy of who TX stole what from or people who just keep beating a dead horse and it's always the same ones too. Can't people just appreciate that if this is in fact real, that it's an awesome thing for the Switch? No one is saying people should go pre order it or go buy a lite or mariko unit.

Reactions: Josshy0125
D

Deleted User

Allow me to take you back to the golden age of M33 firmware for the PSP, where there was nothing but prosperity.
Ahhhhh, now there was a time for the hacking scene. Peaceful. Calm. Everyone working together. Dark_Alex released his firmwares, then gone to the wind.... only to reveal M33 was Dark_Alex the whole time.

That's actually how I entered the console hacking scene, thanks to the holy PSP.

Good times. Good times.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I strongly believe the reason video game console scenes end up filled with drama and toxicity is because there is no respect anymore.

What respect was there ever? People used to rip off PS1 modchip pic code.
freemcboot went closed source to prevent being ripped off, wii home brew channel had anti hacking code added to it.

IMO The tribalism is the main problem, partly this has been magnified because so many people are on the internet now.

Nobody can have a conversation because people jump in with "I read SciresM and hexkeyz say TX are evil, so I must destroy you"

Last edited by smf,

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think it's your fault and you, like many others here as well, don't seem to me as someone trying to hate a side here.

I don't think most SX users hate anyone from Atmos or devs like you, in fact I think most would acknowledge how important you and other have been to the switch scene and without your time, effort and knowledge it wouldn't be where it is now.

I'm not happy TX stole some of your code, but it's not enough for me to stop using it, maybe it is for some on here to hate TX. but at the same time I've contributed to some Devs like Rajkosto for his utils so I don't mind paying devs for their work. Unlike some I'm from the old skool that goes back to the days of leech accounts on BBS , MGH and SWC for the snes, sometimes if you want something it can be more convenient to pay for it saving you time and money, for me that what TX provides.

I think what $£$£$£ off SX users is the constant trolling of SX posts with the same old posts of stolen code, breaking license agreements, wasting money, brick code and how long it takes TX to update SX etc , Has this made any SX users stop using SX ? , I doubt it has made many..

Time to move on . Thanks to ALL the devs out there and Happy New Year Hexkyz and ALL :)

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Can't wait for the reverse engineered open-source cheap alternative hardware chips of the tx all without their flawed, defective, buggy implemented and stolen from the community software like sxos.

I wanna revenge from all their stolen open-source code.

jjkkkjk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
If you recall how things played out in 2017, TX showcased a video where they replaced the boot logo with "Xecuter". During that time they also began posting information to the wiki that proved their access to the system. This resulted in open-source developers rushing to compete which eventually led to the discovery and publishing of the RCM bug which TX then decided to use. Well played.
This time I wanted to see if the tables could be turned, which they did as TX was forced to make a move before the open-source developers. If my next prediction is correct, we shall see a glitching solution from TX, which they have been working since 2017 and saving as a last resort.

I hope that this doesn't end up with Nintendo fixing a vulnerability in a future Switch Pro, because TX was forced to reveal their solution early.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Future Switch will most likely have a different chip and or motherboard much like that Mariko/Lite.
My opinion. The best way (but probably way to expensive and complicated) would be a buffed normal switch (more ram, OCed tegra and so on), but with thunderbolt 3 and external GPU in the dock. That would be pretty good.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That whole 2 wrongs make a right thing, huh?

Just to clarify, you can't steal what is free....... Like if you went camping and drank from a river, would you then be stealing from the park or mother nature? If you said borrowed with out giving credit at least, sure. I'd support that.
It's not as simple as that.
In fact, if in the open source field there are several licenses, it's not for nothing. I didn't go and check myself especially what they "stole", and so I didn't check the licenses used by the open source software that they would have included in their software.
However, I'm pretty sure that a GNU GPL requires that the forks of that software be open source, it's a contaminating license that makes what it touches "contaminate" the forks, so they will have to be open source (under the same license, which can't be commercialized). Other licenses are totally free and allow a person to develop a fork and commercialize it.

Basically, if TX took open source software under the GNU GPL, and then put it into SXOS and sell it as a feature, that's theft, so the accusations would be valid.
Like, nothing is ever simple in life, just because it's free doesn't mean you can't steal it. When it's free, it's because you give something else away, or there's a counterpart, you still have to agree to a certain charter of use, that's not free service either, we're talking about people who use their intellectual property, that's not nothing. And you have to understand that yes, if you develop software to make sure it benefits the community, if you license it under a license that will allow you to make sure that the "suites" also benefit the community, but if someone breaks that rule to take your work (with a little adaptation work, but really little work), I don't see why you would be wrong to feel robbed, when in fact, your intellectual property has been stolen from you.

Maybe someone who knows more about open source licenses or law than I do can correct or complete my statement, but basically it was just to tell you that your analogy was not relevant because, in concrete terms, mother nature doesn't have property rights (yeah, that's the society of humans) and it's not because it's free that you have all the rights to possess it.

Anyway, about the news: It's pretty cool. I'm waiting to see more details, especially if it's a software-only installation or if it requires hardware modifications (I think it's that but I'm waiting for more details before deciding), in any case it's still cool and it shows maybe that TX knows how to do something else than copying Atmosphere modules to offer them later on their paid solution.

Last edited by LightBeam,
Reactions: ghjfdtg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1