TX Announces SX OS v2.2 BETA with Docked USB Drive Support

It's only been a week since Team-Xecuter made the big announcement of SX OS v2.1 with their 'cheat engine'

SXOS22.jpg

And now they are back and on a roll with them adding 'Docked USB Drive Support' and many other nice improvements to their 'cheat engine' and a few bug fixes! :)
How do you do, dear SX OS users?

Today we are back once again with a much anticipated new feature as well as various improvements to existing functionality for SX OS. While this is still labelled as BETA we've had some good success with it internally, we're looking forward to your feedback.

Lets jump into the list of changes!
  • Docked USB drive support!
Yes. You read it right. You can now plug a USB mass storage device into your switch' dock and load XCI or install NSP content from there directly. No longer are you limited by the size of your microSD card when playing the switch from the comfort of your couch, but you can now enjoy TERABYTES of content by using external harddisks and such! The filesystem on the drive needs to be either FAT32 or exFAT, and the directories that are being scanned for content are equal to the ones you'd use on the microSD card.
  • Updates to the cheat system
    • More accurate progress indication during cheat search
      People were reporting "freezes" during cheat searches, often times these were just due to impatience and a suboptimal UI from our end. The progress bars are more honest and update more frequently now!
    • Cheat search for exact value requires no initial dump anymore
      For 'exact value' searches a big initial dump file on your microSD is not needed, and since this is often the way people start a cheat search we decided to streamline the cheat finder process a bit. You are now prompted with a question whether you want to start an exact value search or arbitrary value search, in case of the former the process will be much faster.
    • Automatically apply/disable cheats upon toggle
      The interface for "applying" the cheats was a bit counterintuitive, you now no longer have to press the plus (+) button in order to apply cheats. They are automatically applied/disabled once you toggle them. Disabling cheats now properly works as well, so there's no need for having a dummy cheat any more to work around that limitation.
    • Ability to add cheats using the UI
      Identifying memory locations for cheats using just the console is nice, but previously there was no way of adding an actual cheat-code for a location you found to the cheat code library. This has been addressed, and there is now an interface for doing this directly from our menu.
  • Show homebrew NSP icons in TX menu
    Some homebrew NSP titles were not displaying their icons properly. This has been investigated and fixed.
  • Fix error 2345-0021 when in docked mode opening TX menu
    People who play/cheat in docked mode will like this fix. The frequent crashes that happened when opening the TX menu in docked mode are now a thing of the past!
That's it folks. Enjoy this BETA and let us know what you think. We have more tricks up our sleeves, more rabbits in our tophats. And we only have one gear: FORWARD.

--< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >--
Enjoy! :)

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by garyopa, , Reason: typos

IceTeaX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, are you sure you actually booted back into SXOS after you updated?
yes I'm sure to boot back into SXOS (played a XCI before).

I tried to start the broken .nsp games again and got a new error on starlink. This file is now corrupted. Next try is to reinstall this games. To make things clear... I played the broken games with SXOS 2.1 right before the update to 2.2 without any problems.

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes I'm sure to boot back into SXOS (played a XCI before).

I tried to start the broken .nsp games again and got a new error on starlink. This file is now corrupted. Next try is to reinstall this games. To make things clear... I played the broken games with SXOS 2.1 right before the update to 2.2 without any problems.

That sucks. hope the reinstall fixes any problems for you.

Starleon15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is cool wonder what happens when you take your switch out in the dock. I also wonder if you can confuse the consul display the hard drive size instead of the ST card size and I just was curious and with the system settings would say

When you take the switch out the dock the external drive just unmounts and the game list refreshes. Also took it out while running game to see what happens. Doing it in Bayonetta 2’s menu just caused the music to stop, starts again when plugged back in. Taking it out during loading screen caused game to close and gives an error, then it asks you to check for corrupt data, finds none and the game remounts.

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So it seems 2TB drives and below work fine, while higher capacities (like 4TB) don't work? Any confirmation? I'm not about to reformat and transfer all my files on my 3TB (non-exFAT) external drive if it doesn't work...

re: 4TB HDD - aren't they usually GPT configuration? The Switch probably doesn't understand the drive geometry but it should be able to handle 2TB if it understands LBA .

This is quite greek to me, but you seem to have the relevant knowledge to answer my question above. :P

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's only been a week since Team-Xecuter made the big announcement of SX OS v2.1 with their 'cheat engine'

View attachment 146820

And now they are back and on a roll with them adding 'Docked USB Drive Support' and many other nice improvements to their 'cheat engine' and a few bug fixes! :)

Enjoy! :)

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole
ok Question. How do we go about loading XCI from a docked switch? Can you simply dock the switch first and then plug in a usb drive to the dock while the switch is on?

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
Usb support is really tempting for me to update to 2.2. But I'd rather go for stability first than anything else so I'm sticking with 2.01 for the time being.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So it seems 2TB drives and below work fine, while higher capacities (like 4TB) don't work? Any confirmation? I'm not about to reformat and transfer all my files on my 3TB (non-exFAT) external drive if it doesn't work...

This is quite greek to me, but you seem to have the relevant knowledge to answer my question above. :P

Yeah 2TB is the largest number a 32bit integer can be, for larger HDD capacities the HDD ''translation'' has to be able to count larger than 32bit numbers. Which isn't as easy as it sounds to implement.

Reactions: bundat

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
ok, how about nsp installation? same thing? I can just dock the switch and it will give me an option of where to install? internal nand/sd card/ usb? also will it read sd installed games and usb installled games at the same time?
You can't install to HDD (until we get special layerdFS or symlinks). But you can install from HDD.
So now you don't have to disconnect switch to get new NSPs.

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, it still doesn’t have a single feature that I care about that isn’t in free alternatives :P (it actually has less features that I care about than the free alternatives)
People actually fails to understand that xecuter also can chainload free alternatives, this means that it has everything that free cfws have plus the paid features.

Reactions: comput3rus3r

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah 2TB is the largest number a 32bit integer can be, for larger HDD capacities the HDD ''translation'' has to be able to count larger than 32bit numbers. Which isn't as easy as it sounds to implement.
I wonder if it would work to create an exFAT partition <2TB on a larger drive (i.e. only that partition would be visible to the Switch). Maybe I'll try that later.

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
actually all we need is to be able to install to HDD. but At least this is a great start.

Installing to HDD is nice, but that also means any games on my hDD cant be played on the go.

Get Ethernet dongle and ftp
This can already be done

FTP is slow af, and even if it wasn't, I dont want to buy an ethernet dongle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated