TX Announces SX OS v1.5 with 'even more features'

TX is still busy working on the currently 'unhackable switch'es'

In the meantime they have recently produced yet another update to their SX OS v1.5, and as usual its packed with new features as you can see detailed below in their official 'changelog':

sx15.jpg

Another day, another small update with some convenient new functionality for SX OS!

Lets have a look at whats new:
  • Added mass NSP install (and optional delete) functionality
    Users who want to install a lot of NSP titles at once can now easily do so by pressing [Y] in the installer tab. Upon finish the NSP installer will also ask you if you want to delete the NSP source files from your microSD card, freeing up space and keeping every neat and tidy!
  • FTP server support
    You can now enable a FTP server from the options tab in our menu that will keep running even once the menu is closed. This FTP server gives direct access to your microSD card, so you no longer have to eject the card to store/retrieve files.
  • More content directories
    Some people complained that they didn't like all the XCI/NSP/NRO files in the root of their SD card. We have to agree that becomes a bit messy, so the menu will now scan the following directories as well looking for game content:
    • /sxos/games
    • /sxos/xci
    • /sxos/nsp
    • /sxos
    • /switch/games
    • /switch/xci
    • /switch/nsp
    • /switch
We hope you enjoy this release!

Once again we would like to thank everyone for their suggestions and their support.

More exciting functionality for all of our end-users is being worked on as we speak. Hang in there with us, your loyalty will be rewarded!

--< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >--

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

D

Deleted User

too much hate on sx os.lol
Umm how is that hate? It's a honest point. In the 3ds community, we don't even use .3ds files like at all. The only time we use them is just convert them into .cia because we can install them that way. And sx os cannot do anything unique beside the xci loader that other cfw's have. And a xci loader is pointless now since we can just convert .xci to .nsp

Last edited by ,

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm how is that hate? It's a honest point. In the 3ds community, we don't even use .3ds files like at all. The only time we use them is just convert them into .cia because we can install them that way. And sx os cannot do anything unique beside the xci loader that other cfw's have. And a xci loader is pointless now since we can just convert .xci to .nsp
why you care about that? let them be,use the method you like to use(of course will be the free one).

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No big surprise, more copy pasted features from other peoples work.

Who gives a fck they deliver. Prove it was taken/stolen/copied and if so then sue them do something if you feel its your stuff..

If it works and can be used , im fcking using it. and i dont need to keep reading sh*t about oh no they stole my homework oh they copied me someone tell mummy...

patten/copyright that shit cover your ass, protect ya sh*t or stfu

End of

Last edited by Canna,

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Eh... until they can hack the ipatched units (or implement emunand), there is 0 need for SXOS as of now.
ReiNX + a XCI2NSP converter already does pretty much everything SXOS does, for free.
And it is not even complicated to setup.

Triptamine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

NSPs require installing though so surely when you go online some that cdn badness will happen (checking for updates etc.) That lead to the super bans that ninty have been gifting. I could be completely wrong so let me know if that's the case as I'm fairly new here (much more comfortable with the ps3/4, psp/vita side of things). 3DS scene was so damn simple by the time I got into, drag, drop, done that this is my first forray into ninty underground. The main thing all these consoles have in common is they are so stable they beat me at jenga every bloody time.

Reactions: mowsie

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh... until they can hack the ipatched units (or implement emunand), there is 0 need for SXOS as of now.
ReiNX + a XCI2NSP converter already does pretty much everything SXOS does, for free.

zero need.. maybe i want to stay on xci maybe i like the features your freeware does not give me , its in everyone's own opinion. right now im loving the progress on the freeware, all the work everyone is doing is fantastic.

But sxos is cheap as chips and works with no configuring,or hardly any.Until i see something more useful to me or for what i need. i don't see sxos being zero need or pointless.

Kyuuketsuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

• More content directories
    Some people complained that they didn't like all the XCI/NSP/NRO files in the root of their SD card. We have to agree that becomes a bit messy, so the menu will now scan the following directories as well looking for game content:
    • /sxos/games
    • /sxos/xci
    • /sxos/nsp
    • /sxos
    • /switch/games
    • /switch/xci
    • /switch/nsp
    • /switch

Now my microSD root won't look like a bomb hit it, because throwing XCI/NSP files into the root was never good to start (especially when there's 40+ titles on my SD root mixed with the homebrew installs). B-)

Reactions: sorabora

castdreams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The only reason .3ds fell to the wayside is because there was never any effort put into making a .3ds launcher that could work without additional hardware. As far as I know, they were really only usable on Gateway, Sky3DS and various clone carts. Even so, you can still find .3ds rips of pretty much everything that comes out. EDIT: Also the matter of .3ds roms needing to have customer headers injected to be played online without being banned. I almost completely forgot about this. Since online play with backups is totally off the table this time around, the situation is a lot different.

I actually prefer using .xci format backups if at all possible. It makes things MUCH easier to swap games on and off of my SD card, no worries about having to have extra free space to have both the .nsp and the space to install it, no worries about having to delete files, etc. This was less of a concern on the 3DS when games were a few gigabytes at most. But on the Switch, when you've got large 16GB+ games with updates and DLC to install, storage space becomes more of an issue.

The only reason I ever use .nsp is if I want to install a game to internal memory, or if there's no cartridge version of the game. .xci is just so convenient.

Last edited by castdreams,

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zero need.. maybe i want to stay on xci maybe i like the features your freeware does not give me , its in everyone's own opinion. right now im loving the progress on the freeware, all the work everyone is doing is fantastic.

But sxos is cheap as chips and works with no configuring,or hardly any.Until i see something more useful to me or for what i need. i don't see sxos being zero need or pointless.
thank you baby!! for clear that,nice and easy.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well done, have a cookie.

It offers ease of use. Copy one file to your sd card and as long as you have a license you are good to go! I for one will stick with it until hekate/atmos/insert random name here eclipses the Sx feature set with some killer and exclusive features. But hey that prob won’t happen cos TX will just pirate the code and add it to sx, sooooo looks like I’m golden for a while yet
exactly. Whatever comes out in public code will be adopted by Sx-Os with the added benefit of ease of use. Also TX is working on a cheat system and I don't think anybody else is doing that at the moment.

Reactions: Canna

Triptamine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Mind explaining how? The only thing SX OS has over free CFW is xci, and much like Gateway and .3DS files...nobody uses that.
Was gateway the flashcart that had a little cpu in it so it could play gba carts and run emulators at higher fps? I thought that kind of thing would still have a place (or did they just figure out a slot 2 method and optimise the emulators to the point where it didn't make a difference?)

I'm an advocate of sx so far. They seem to be doing things well and not charging exhoberant amounts unlike first to market vendors on previous systems *mumble mumble*true blue, gateway. sky etc. Its easy, people can use it on the latest firmwares without worrying about fuses and dealing with the often complicated methods required to stay with bleeding edge scene releases. They definately have a target audience who value convenience and ease of use and while I do consider myself an enthuist I'm honestly suprised but tx is my go to until things change I start missing features (ok I don't get to use the sys files so if I downgrade I can't use carts but I doubt I'd be downgrading to use carts anyway.)

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Show me a walk-through that's easier than this:

1) Place NSPs on SD Card
2) Boot into SX OS using the SX Loader
3) Install NSPs from SX OS menu
4) Play

Reactions: veddermandan

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The sales figures of sx-os alone proves that there's definitely a need.
subjectively I don't want to have to convert hundreds' of xci files and go through a bunch of different steps including using a computer for anything other than putting the files on the sd card. So for me I need the simplicity SX-Pro gives me.

Reactions: Canna

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Show me a walk-through that's easier than this:

1) Place NSPs on SD Card
2) Boot into SX OS using the SX Loader
3) Install NSPs from SX OS menu
4) Play

I didn't say easier. I said not hard.
The setup is:
1) Place NSPs and FW files on card.
2) Boot into CFW with it's loader (ReiNX.bin for ReiNX, hekate for the others).
3) Install NSPs with Tinfoil.
4) Play.

If you have a XCI, all you need is one more step: convert them to nsp using the software already present here in temp.
How is that even worth $20?

The sales figures of sx-os alone proves that there's definitely a need.
subjectively I don't want to have to convert hundreds' of xci files and go through a bunch of different steps including using a computer for anything other than putting the files on the sd card. So for me I need the simplicity SX-Pro gives me.

It was needed when there was no other option. It is not the case anymore.
For those of us who waited a little bit, we got it all for free.
I get that you all are trying to defend SXOS, and of course you should, you paid for it.
But it's not out of reason, but spite.

And there is even barely a need for XCI conversion since almost every title is already easy to find in NSP format.
The only one i personally HAD to convert was Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate (thinking of translating that too, using the PS4 version as base).

Last edited by AlexMCS,

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The setup is:
4) Play.

If you have a XCI, all you need is one more step: convert them to nsp using the software already present here in temp.

It was needed when there was no other option. It is not the case anymore.
For those of us who waited a little bit, we got it all for free.
I get that you all are trying to defend SXOS, and of course you should, you paid for it.
But it's not out of reason, but spite.

And there is even barely a need for XCI conversion since almost every title is already easy to find in NSP format.
The only one i personally HAD to convert was Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate (thinking of translating that too, using the PS4 version as base).

Dont be so sour son, were not here to hurt ya feelings.

Xci come first and im still using it , i dont feel the need to convert my files...
Nothing against nsp really i guess.
And i bought my sxos after all this freeware
but the thing is guy, i have more choices then you and its easy for me

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You have the same amount of choice. Conversion is hardly an issue.
I liked what I saw of SXOS at the time, but over here it's expensive.
I can eat for a month with the price of a SXOS license.

And I'm not sour at all, just saying that as of now, SXOS has lost the edge.
I'm actually REALLY hoping that they can crack the ipatched Switches protection.

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The setup is:
4) Play.

It is worth it to those who had it from the start. Going into it now, the choice is up to the user. If the user wants to pay for someone else (TX) to provide software updates over time so the user does not have to spend time researching, then they would purchase that service and use SX OS. Otherwise, the user that prefers to manually research and keep up with the forums and hunt down files for an alternate free solution would use one of the free CFW solutions. In essence, you get what you pay for. Neither way is right or wrong. It really comes down to preference and convenience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o