TX Announces SX OS v1.5 with 'even more features'

TX is still busy working on the currently 'unhackable switch'es'

In the meantime they have recently produced yet another update to their SX OS v1.5, and as usual its packed with new features as you can see detailed below in their official 'changelog':

sx15.jpg

Another day, another small update with some convenient new functionality for SX OS!

Lets have a look at whats new:
  • Added mass NSP install (and optional delete) functionality
    Users who want to install a lot of NSP titles at once can now easily do so by pressing [Y] in the installer tab. Upon finish the NSP installer will also ask you if you want to delete the NSP source files from your microSD card, freeing up space and keeping every neat and tidy!
  • FTP server support
    You can now enable a FTP server from the options tab in our menu that will keep running even once the menu is closed. This FTP server gives direct access to your microSD card, so you no longer have to eject the card to store/retrieve files.
  • More content directories
    Some people complained that they didn't like all the XCI/NSP/NRO files in the root of their SD card. We have to agree that becomes a bit messy, so the menu will now scan the following directories as well looking for game content:
    • /sxos/games
    • /sxos/xci
    • /sxos/nsp
    • /sxos
    • /switch/games
    • /switch/xci
    • /switch/nsp
    • /switch
We hope you enjoy this release!

Once again we would like to thank everyone for their suggestions and their support.

More exciting functionality for all of our end-users is being worked on as we speak. Hang in there with us, your loyalty will be rewarded!

--< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >--

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ReiNX, Atmosphere (Not happen probably) or RajNX… someone needs to make the XCI loader happen, after that SX OS will be defeated! :)
Why? NSP files are just better and are already running on every community CFW.

XCI files ...
  • can't be stored in internal memory to save SD space (in case anyone wants this)
  • need to be mounted before you play them
  • you can't have a real cartridge in your Switch while using the XCI mount method
keep dreaming baby,sx os never will be defeated,they are too many steps ahead.
Which steps? They were when they came out and the only thing they are ahead with is XCI mounting (which isn't needed any longer as I wrote above) and ... okay they are a little more end user friendly but using SdFiles or RejNX starter pack or whatever isn't really hard to do.
In fact the opposite is the case: The community is ahead now and TX keeps adding things afterwards (prevent fuse burning, layeredFS, NSP install, FTP). Their built in homebrew launcher doesn't even list all my homebrews.
Although I've been a day one owner of SX Pro I only use the niceness of the dongle to boot into hekate or RajNX as they are giving me more options and homebrews run better there.

Reactions: Priyam

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still don't get it why someone is paying for something you can get for free (yes, XCI still missing, but it's on its way). But, as you like it..

You're contradicting yourself. You can either get it for free, or you can't. Your argument seems to be "I still don't get why someone is paying for something you may be able to get for free in the future". The answer to that of course is obvious.

That's not a reason, other CFW also have ongoing support and could be even have more features in the future.

If we all sat around waiting for things that might come for free in the future, then society would break down.

D

Deleted User

My homebrew freezing in v1.5 after approximately 10 seconds
And we neva freeze ...

Priyam

Trophies
XP
Country
India
You're contradicting yourself. You can either get it for free, or you can't. Your argument seems to be "I still don't get why someone is paying for something you may be able to get for free in the future". The answer to that of course is obvious.

If we all sat around waiting for things that might come for free in the future, then society would break down.
No one is waiting for the future. If you want to play free games, you can already do that without sx os. It's simple just drag and drop sd files and install.

Reactions: lordelan

Celediel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
burning.moe
XP
Country
United States
No one is waiting for the future. If you want to play free games, you can already do that without sx os. It's simple just drag and drop sd files and install.

Sure, but you left out the "convert XCI to NSP" step, which, right now, is shoddy at best.

Someone is so sad he spent $50 for something he could have got for free, now he's feeling the urge of defending SX. How much are they paying you for this?

Don't confuse "defending TX" with "telling needlessly angsty and angry gbatempers that they're dumb".

Last edited by Celediel,

efxonly123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone is so sad he spent $50 for something he could have got for free, now he's feeling the urge of defending SX. How much are they paying you for this?
People still spend $50 on switch games, so should they feel sad? Why should he feel sad over what his money was spent on.

Last edited by efxonly123,

Priyam

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Sure, but you left out the "convert XCI to NSP" step, which, right now, is shoddy at best.
But you can get access directly to installable nsp, just like you can get a xci. Better, if you don't care for a ban, you can directly download nsp in your switch itself. Everything for free. I don't think how SX is relevant anymore

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But you can get access directly to installable nsp, just like you can get a xci. Better, if you don't care for a ban, you can directly download nsp in your switch itself. Everything for free. I don't think how SX is relevant anymore
Nintendo have already show they are willing to revoke CDN access ("super ban"). There's no reason to think freely downloading eshop titles will be an option forever.

anaemia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey sweets,
Do you know or have the source of addresses that need to be blocked ?
as il just add them to my wifi host file to block thanks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

damn i bet you use candles then :rofl2:

Use nxshell

For what?

Last edited by anaemia,

anaemia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey sweets,
Do you know or have the source of addresses that need to be blocked ?
as il just add them to my wifi host file to block thanks.

damn i bet you use candles then :rofl2:

Use nxshell
Deleting the NSP

I know you can delete nsp using nxshell but don't understand why Canna said that to me. I wasn't talking about deleting anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol