Homebrew Twloader brown line freeze?

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to play list supported game ( Mario hoops 3 on 3) and whenever I try to launch the game I get this brown line on my bottom screen and freeze regardless of donor rom or not
ba5345e3d55966f1cd75eaf7fd93dcb4.jpg

Last edited by xdarkmario,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not getting that issue.
Donor ROM has to be MKDS, and only that.
Also, make sure your Mario Hoops 3 on 3 ROM isn't corrupted.

Also, this is a bootstrap issue, not a TWLoader issue.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not getting that issue.
Donor ROM has to be MKDS, and only that.
Also, make sure your Mario Hoops 3 on 3 ROM isn't corrupted.

Also, this is a bootstrap issue, not a TWLoader issue.
Ok was using Mario 64 as my donor because my Mario kart crashes some games and Mario 64 worked. I'll try again with the Mario kart as donor, and I thought twloader was a GUI shell for bootstrap.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok was using Mario 64 as my donor because my Mario kart crashes some games and Mario 64 worked. I'll try again with the Mario kart as donor, and I thought twloader was a GUI shell for bootstrap.
You're right, TWLoader is a GUI for bootstrap, but the brown line issue is from bootstrap.
TWLoader does not run in the background in NTR/TWL mode.

Last edited by RocketRobz,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How big is your SD card? What is the cluster size it is currently formatted as? 32 KB or 64 KB?

* Also share the CRC-32 hash of the donor roms you're using.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another copy of the game didnt work, i have a 64 cluster size 64gb and that mario kart was ripped straight from my usa cartridge

Well, another case solved.

You're card is too small to use 64 KB cluster size. It should be on 32 KB. The devs will technically tell you this: do not use anything other than 32 KB cluster.

However, the opposite sometimes happen for cards at the 128 GB size and above. Things begin to get tricky as graphical glitches happen due to cluster being too small @ (32 KB).

Your mileage will vary.

Edit - copy everything off your card. Reformat your card as 32 KB cluster. Put everything back on. use guiformat.exe

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, another case solved.

You're card is too small to use 64 KB cluster size. It should be on 32 KB. The devs will technically tell you this: do not use anything other than 32 KB cluster.

However, for cards at the 128 GB and above, things begin to get tricky as glitches happen due to cluster.
theirs a reason i was told to format at 64 clusters, speeds up boot time on N3ds with large SD cards.
before i spend 2+ hours backing up, reformatting and recopying that sd card ill get another fresh card and setup only twloader there.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theirs a reason i was told to format at 64 clusters, speeds up boot time on N3ds with large SD cards.
before i spend 2+ hours backing up, reformatting and recopying that sd card ill get another fresh card and setup only twloader there.

This is somewhat true... From personally cluster size testing, I can attest to 64 KB cluster can be speedier depending how big your SD card size is in question.
HOWEVER, here's the problem: homebrew apps and games may break from incompatible.

The devs will not support you if you go with 64 KB cluster.... Your card is smaller than 128 GB. It should be plenty zippy and happy with 32 KB cluster.

For anyone who reads this:
Always stick to 32 KB cluster size when formatting your SD card. If you have a 4 GB, 8 GB, 16 GB, 32 GB, or 64 GB you should stick to 32 KB cluster.

Here's where it gets tricky and weird.

If you're card is at minimum 128 GB in size, try at first using 32 KB cluster size. 128 GB size is where cluster size of 32 KB or 64 KB can make or break with graphical glitches in AGB_FIRM and nds-bootstrap. IF you find things break with 32 KB, try 64 KB as a last resort. At this size, using 64 KB cluster CAN help with Home Menu loading and game lag/hang up at the possibility penalty of breaking/fixing compatible.

AGAIN, the devs will not support you if you switch over to 64 KB cluster size.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope nothing works, i actually converted my sd back to 32 clusters without formatting and saved a lot of trouble using mini tool partition and that didn't fix the issue. then i tried redoing the setup on a freshly formatted SD card in 32 clusters and the same thing. perhaps that game was on the list by accident? can you try running that game and see if it works?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope nothing works, i actually converted my sd back to 32 clusters without formatting and saved a lot of trouble using mini tool partition and that didn't fix the issue. then i tried redoing the setup on a freshly formatted SD card in 32 clusters and the same thing. perhaps that game was on the list by accident? can you try running that game and see if it works?
The game really works for me, so it's not on the list by accident.
You may have to try a format.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mini Tool partition is evil if you skip the steps of copying things off your card, not doing a partition wipe & proper reformat into FAT32 and 32 KB allocation, and then putting everything back on it. Changing allocation size without a reformat messes things up. That program did numbers on my cards in allocation testings where changing cluster sizes back and forth affected loading times, even after doing fresh reformatting.

After coping your stuff off your card, delete your entire partition. Use SD Memory Card Formatter to quick format it into exFAT. Reformat it back as FAT32/32KB under guiformat.exe, and then copy everything back on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1