Homebrew TWL Slot-1 Launcher (First custom DSiWare app!)

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sysnand does not need patched TWL_FIRM. Only emunand needs it since it boots the TWL_FIRM CXI from emunand. You don't have to touch the version of it on sysnand.

So, I just use latest RxTools nightly and install this app to NAND on Sysnand on O3DS and I'm good to go?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I just use latest RxTools nightly and install this app to NAND on Sysnand on O3DS and I'm good to go?
If you downloaded the rxTools @TuxSH modified, then yes.
If not, you need to download the .elf from some pages ago and paste it on rxtools/sys/patches.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The launcher is actually not even needed for the Acekard 2i, running it from the cart slot icon on emuNAND works just the same. Pippa Funnell lives again. :P

Last edited by daxtsu,
Reactions: TerryG

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ak2i functions again!!!!!

N3DS 10.5 REInand
Bluecardfix.cia installed
twlfirm_n3ds.cia installed
TWLSlot1Launcher.cia *NOT INSTALLED*

I downloaded @Aurora Wright twlfirm_n3ds.cia from that iso site. I was able to install it with no problems using FBI. I could not install TWLSlot1Launcher.cia using FBI - it spit some error. however, I decided to go ahead and try my AK2i anyway and low and behold it worked! It immediately showed up as Dorasu and starts up like it used to!

Thanks to all those involved in making me a happier classic gamer! i'll be even happier if I can ditch the flash cart completely lol!
That's because only old DSi incompatible carts need the launcher. The patched TWL_FIRM turns off all the antipiracy checks from TWL FIRM.

D

Deleted User

This is amazing! Finally can buy an n3DS now that I know my flashcart will work on it :yay3ds:

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lets contact the ak2i team to update akaio lol! akaio 1.9.0 was the last version and akaio seems to be really good. is it the best firmware out there for DS games? is there an alternate, better firmware compatible with ak2i?

Vampirex

Dhampir
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is amazing! Finally can buy an n3DS now that I know my flashcart will work on it :yay3ds:

yea, I was about to sell my acekard lol... and buy a R4i or something compatible

lets contact the ak2i team to update akaio lol! akaio 1.9.0 was the last version and akaio seems to be really good. is it the best firmware out there for DS games? is there an alternate, better firmware compatible with ak2i?

you can try:
http://www.r4wood.com/pages/acekard-2i-kernel.html
or

Moonshell.. (if you want a different loader).. wow this guide brings back some memories..
https://gbatemp.net/threads/moonshell-on-acekard-2-as-default-os-and-akaio-as-sub-os.152660/

Last edited by Vampirex,

zbw2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm about to install the .cia to NAND in Sysnand, is this correct on O3DS?
I don't want to brick...
If you have emunand you can install it to that but if you don't then installing it to sysnand won't brick you. (It didn't for me anyway.)

Azure42893

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My HW81 AK2i doesn't seem to be working with this on O3DS XL, with Tux's rxTools build. Not sure if it's the card or if I'm doing something wrong. (I'm kind of suspecting it might be the card as it doesn't show up as anything when I put it in my XL, but at the same time I'm not sure since it works fine on my DS lite. Has the Pippa Funnell update, on AKAIO 1.9.0.)

Can someone post steps to follow?
It's just patched twl_firm (on emunand) and this launcher (sys and emu), yeah?

dankzegriefer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My HW81 AK2i doesn't seem to be working with this on O3DS XL. Not sure if it's the card or if I'm doing something wrong. (I'm kind of suspecting it might be the card as it doesn't show up as anything when I put it in my XL, but at the same time I'm not sure since it works fine on my DS lite. Has the Pippa Funnell update, on AKAIO 1.9.0.)

Can someone post steps to follow?
It's just patched twl_firm (on emunand) and this launcher (sys and emu), yeah?
It worked for someone else. So it's probably your AK2i.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==