Moonshell on Acekard 2 as Default OS, and AKAIO as Sub OS.

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Vampirex, May 2, 2009.

1. Vampirex
    OP

Member Vampirex Dhampir

Canada

NEWEST UPDATE!!!!!! AKAIO 1.7 + Autoboot Moonshell 2.10 Works Perfect with AK2 2.1. Go to http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=215...5&start=195 , Im posted my findings in there. Just wanted to update here so people know Akaio 1.7 works w/ Moonshell 2.

Moonshell 2.09+AKAIO 1.5.1 (Normmatt's 2.09 Fix + using Xenon++ moonshl2alt.nds to autoboot to moonshell2) Works great on Acekard 2!
    Please use CannonFoddr's Guide. Works perfectly on Acekard 2 and Acekard 2i. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=215395

UPDATE 05/29/09: I Have made a Demonstration Video on Youtube.
    YouTube Video Demonstration *Click Show*

**PAST UPDATES**
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Before Posting anything regarding my guide. Please note that I only have ACEKARD 2 ver2.1 only. I cannot test Acekard 2i, RPG, w/e acekard out there, unless you have some to donate lol! Also this GUIDE is meant to be used w/ AKAIO custom Firmware. I don't know if this method will work w/ the Acekard 2 official firmware, you can try and let me know.

**CONFIRMED NOT WORKING**
    - Acekard 2i, Acekard R.P.G. (Note: Normmatt's Loader is for Acekard 2.1 Only) ---
    Solution: YSMENU confirmed to work on Acekard 2i. Check out Blackiris or CannonFoddr 's guide linked below.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: In order for commercial games to run in Moonshell, they must be on the root of the SD card. DS games won't load in Folders. If you must have your games in a folder for some reason, there is another method. You must use Ysmenu Loader instead of AKAIO.

If This Guide Does Not Work For You. Other Guides That May Be Useful

( Moonshell 2 & Ysmenu Guide by Blackiris: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149734 ) .
    ( Moonshell 2 & YSMENU Guide for AK2i by CannonFoddr: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=ST&f=177&t=168077

**Moonshell 2 & AKAIO Guide** [/b]
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

TIPS:

*Enable Soft Reset in AKAIO. Soft-resetting in game will lead you back to Moonshell 2. (using L+R+A+B+DOWN)

*You can return to Moonshell 2 from AKAIO without the need of soft-reset. Just go to the \__aio folder and edit the file globalsettings.ini, and delete akmenu4.nds from the hiddenFileNames, Now ak4menu.nds (moonshell loader) won't be hidden within AKAIO anymore. Now you can run akmenu4.nds within AKAIO to return to Moonshell 2 easily.

*CHEAT: Go into AKAIO's Firmware. And select the cheats you would like to activate for the specific game & Press Start to save. Once Saved, go into the Rom settings of the desired game,Enable Cheat/Action Replay. Now everytime you load that game, either in Moonshell 2 or AKAIO, the cheats selected and saved will load everytime until you go back to AKAIO and change the settings or cheats.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

******Other stuff you might be interested.*******

GBA Mode Switcher ( Switch GBA mode with any loaders )
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=159019

Thanks to Linoul for the links.
    QUOTE(linoul @ May 4 2009, 10:10 PM) *
    emulator loader (can autoboot)
    NesDS http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5803
    NeoDS http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5804

avi player loader
    tunavids http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5805

GBA ExpLoader http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5806

2. Beige

Member Beige GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This method will not work on Acekard 2i, though. Bummer.

Why? I just tried it out. AKAIO runs fine, but once I try to run Moonshell (either Direct Boot or standard) it won't work, it says it can't find the system file.

3. italianmod

Newcomer italianmod Advanced Member

United States
    Confirmed [​IMG] "System File is Missing" hmmm i wonder which file it is talking about

Althought I believe you can just have AKAIO autoboot into Moonshell

4. Vampirex
    OP

Member Vampirex Dhampir

Canada
    Im sorry guys, as i only have Acekard 2 ver 2.1. I cannot test any other Acekards... But Anyways, Normmatt made the AKAIO loader for Acekard 2 ONLY!

5. italianmod

Newcomer italianmod Advanced Member

United States
    I don't think the loader even matters... yet. I renamed moonshl2.nds to akmenu4.nds and tried booting up and I got the "System File is Missing" error. Unless all the steps listed above need to be performed in order for this to work, but in theory renaming a file to akmenu4.nds should cause it to boot when you load the Acekard into your DSi.

6. Vampirex
    OP

Member Vampirex Dhampir

Canada
    I'm sorry to hear that, maybe there would be another version coming out soon to support DSi?

7. Akothegreat

Member Akothegreat GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    This causes check disk.nds, image viewer.nds and morning timer.nds not to load anymore though

8. Vampirex
    OP

Member Vampirex Dhampir

Canada

This guide is for AKAIO Firmware. Im not sure AK2S.nds is for? ( Acekard Original Firmware? )

And Normmatt's AKAIO loader is for moonshell to run commercial roms in moonshell. For AKAIO only!

9. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    Yay. I'm not the only one that cannot load MS2 on an Acekard 2i! I thought it was my fault [​IMG]

10. Akothegreat

Member Akothegreat GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    I know the difference now, I was using moonshell(64KB one) and not an alternate loader so it's AK2S.nds
    Ignore my previous post

11. Vampirex
    OP

Member Vampirex Dhampir

Canada
    *Removed*

12. Vampirex
    OP

Member Vampirex Dhampir

Canada
    *Removed*

13. Vampirex
    OP

Member Vampirex Dhampir

Canada
    *Removed*

14. Vampirex
    OP

Member Vampirex Dhampir

Canada
    I have seen threads that certain Moonshell 2 Beta X work on Acekard 2i. Maybe you should try those out! Let me know if it works. =)

15. Kazesama

Newcomer Kazesama Member

United States
    ummm where's the guide?

*edit* o nvm, i found the same guide somewhere else.

16. wilsonramal

Newcomer wilsonramal Member

Peru
    WOW! Thanks man! [​IMG] !It works! This is even better than M3Sakura!

17. adrian2040

Member adrian2040 GBAtemp Fan

Peru
    I guess asking for cheat support using Moonshell as the OS is too much to ask?

18. wilsonramal

Newcomer wilsonramal Member

Peru
    If you use Normaatt's AKAIO Loader, u can! ¨Just go into AKAIO's Firmware and select the cheats you would like to activate for the specific game and press start to save. Once Saved, go into the Rom settings of the desired game,Enable Cheat/Action Replay. Now everytime you load that game, either in Moonshell 2 or AKAIO, the cheats selected and saved will load everytime until you go back to AKAIO and change the settings or cheats.¨

The only con about Normaatt's AKAIO Loader is that your games need to be on the root of your microsd.

19. adrian2040

Member adrian2040 GBAtemp Fan

Peru
    That's a huge con, since I have so many games that all of them being in the root of the card would mean some wouldn't load. At least that happened with the DSTT. Maybe it doesn't happen with the Acekard, but I'm not sure. I have an Acekardi anyway, so I can't use this. Hopefully a new version will allow it to work in the DSi version of the card.

20. Vampirex
    OP

Member Vampirex Dhampir

Canada
    Well, Con or not.. That's a personal opinion. I have all my games on the root file, and I hide files that I don't to load,need or see.
    The only reason .nds have to be in the root. Is because Moonshell is only a media player homebrew only! Never intended to run commercial roms. (but thx to homebrew scene, now we can call it a loader)

But if you really want to use Moonshel 2 and have roms in folders. Use YSMENU instead of AKAIO loader.. but notice, you won't be able to cheat within Moonshell w/ YSMENU.