• Total voters

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Hackers seem to prefer Twitter so I go there to hear what they say.
It's less spammy and chore-ish than Facebook as well.

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: Margen67

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Facebook for arseholes you know, Twitter for celebrities and funny strangers. And G+ for when you want a bit of peace and quiet.
pretty much this... facebook is for the people you know. twitter is more like a radio station, where you get news and stuff from celebrities and people you don't know...
they are made for different purposes...

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyway, both Social Networking Sites have their own things; which makes them good to use.

I find Facebook a good Social Networking Site for catching up with family, and sharing photos of things. Love getting likes on profile pictures.
I find Twitter a good Social Networking Site because people tweet things on point, which is so entertaining.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Proverbial vegetarian in a steak cooking thread/generally anti social old bastard representing.

I try to keep on top of the mechanics of both so I can persuade clients that using their advertising is probably not going to do them any good, or at least know exactly what they are spunking their advertising money away on. If you ever see me interact with either site it is a perfect example of https://xkcd.com/627/ . Both have serious faults for business purposes and for most people I would suggest they find a way to cross pollinate their feeds and pick one interface they can get along with, as they are both free then pick whichever is more directly applicable to your customers and then keep half an eye on the other.
And if it was not already obvious I have neither in a personal or professional capacity -- if it is not sent in an email or some form of voice/IM then I do not need to know it. I know for a fact there is stuff I miss out on but I reckon the aggro spared more than makes up for it.
With that said I am meeting fewer and fewer people that find it strange for me to be in this position and many others just have them for the funny picture feeds and nothing more so I guess things do get better.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Both are for seperate things and do well what they do.
Care to elaborate? I would have said one is a platform upon which people type their various thoughts and post pictures with questionable spelling, grammar and understanding of good taste, message in a less formal and less accessible version of email, possibly also follow some theoretically humorous people and bands they like and the other is facebook.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ge a temp for talking about gaming and deep talks
Twitter for my friends and news and listening to people I like

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No use for fb since I don't want to deal with all those people

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Well, if i have learnt anything in the years of my of using social media, it's other people don't really care about about what you had for lunch or what activities you partook in today. And since twitter is essentially just a micro blog, i would say facebook is superior :P

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ