• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Underage users are finally prohibited at twitter (kinda)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As someone who runs a soft-18+ account, finally! I really fucking hate it when minors find their way onto my shit and start bitching about it. My block list is full of minors who shouldn't be on twitter.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Lol, that edit.

In general, how do they deal with false reporting?

They can’t moderate it effectively for the same reasons that they cannot childproof it.

They’ve tried user-generated disclaimers and automated filtering systems, but there are always new ways to work around it or the disclaimers are ignored.

In any sense, it’s a social network, so it doesn’t make a lot of sense to police it like wikipedia does; and even that isn’t without its issues.

Maybe at the age of 18, or whatever, a person can be legally able to reject adulthood and stick with the safe-life of censorship and being told what to do, until they are tired of it.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Knowing Elon, his pre-teen edgelord audience will be exempted, and so will kids that pay him using their parents' money.

Any change that whittles Twitter's users down bit by bit is cool with me though. If there was ever any good reason to use the platform before, there certainly isn't now.

Reactions: The Catboy

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
I hate this game

Knowing Elon, his pre-teen edgelord audience will be exempted, and so will kids that pay him using their parents' money.

Any change that whittles Twitter's users down bit by bit is cool with me though. If there was ever any good reason to use the platform before, there certainly isn't now.

Elon would never reduce the alt right pipeline target.

Vetusomaru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Underage means under the age of 13. Not under the age of 18. Just so you know.

https://www.ftc.gov/legal-library/browse/rules/childrens-online-privacy-protection-rule-coppa
God damn it! They should be more specific about it. Still underage users under 18 should be banned. Of course they'll never do that since sites like twitter are run by child groomers. That's why lots of twitter users that expose child groomers get banned after being mass reported by child groomers for "harassment" and "hate speech".
Post automatically merged:

Elon would never reduce the alt right pipeline target.
>2023
>Still crying about alt-right boogeyman

Holy yikes zoink!

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was unaware MAGA disappeared in 2017, during Trump's term nonetheless. Or are you suggesting it's no longer "alt" right because the fringe lunatics are in full control of the party now?
MAGA and Alt-Right aren't the same thing.

I lean to the Right so I'd know as I saw posts of them and then they started to disappear/disband. The so-called "Alt-Right" is a joke and no one I read posts from even aligns with that group.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
MAGA and Alt-Right aren't the same thing.
Coulda fooled me, every single alt-right extremist group like the Proud Boys, Oathkeepers, etc still take their orders from the annoying orange. Hell, there are even QAnon nutjobs in Congress like MTG forcing a government shut down over baseless conspiracy theories.

The so-called "Alt-Right" is a joke and no one I read posts from even aligns with that group.
Issue is that Republicans are too spineless to altogether disavow them. They need the votes just to hang on to gerrymandered districts by the skin of their teeth.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work