Thoughts on the social media formerly known as Twitter

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I mean like why? you brought the brand called twitter. then change its name. i mean you could have created something called X to rival instagram just to piss off zuck. but im just another human, not a demi-god like Elon. can you imagine any other well know big brand changing its name. Do you think Apple, Nike, Ferrari , Coca-Cola doing this to name a few?

your thoughts?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Ole Musky had a hardon for the letter "X" ever since he was a teenage edgelord, and apparently never grew out of that phase.
His company that merged with PayPal was called "X.com". His aerospace company is called Space-X. He rebranded Twitter to X. He has an AI development company called xAI. One of his kids is called "X Æ A-Xii"

The guy is obsessed.

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Ole Musky had a hardon for the letter "X" ever since he was a teenage edgelord, and apparently never grew out of that phase.
His company that merged with PayPal was called "X.com". His aerospace company is called Space-X. He rebranded Twitter to X. He has an AI development company called xAI. One of his kids is called "X Æ A-Xii"

The guy is obsessed.

isnt every one obsessed with they Ex-

no?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is twitter valuable as a brand (lot of stink there) or merely for its installed userbase (the more valuable of which will probably stick around as moving is hard) and maybe a bit of tech (building a twitter clone is trivial, solving some of the problems with mass scaling of such things* is rather more annoying)? He was pretty open about it being largely for the latter to shortcut growth on his equivalent of some of the Chinese offerings (some of those starting out as instant messenger things and blogging/forums and now being the default payment method for most of the population, skim a bit of that as a transaction fee and the weed themed billions he offered will look like one of the best investments in history).

*building something equivalent for friends and family that could go down for a week without too much hassle and run on a $100 a year shared host is nothing, however start splitting the database from the server and you have lag there, furthermore lag if you then put a copy on each continent/major area to dodge lag and backbone bandwidth, possibly deal with international censorship (and internal censorship from within), and seamless backups (one hard drive might run for 20 years, 10000 will see one fail possibly on the daily) and and and and... that is a real trick and mostly born from pain and experience in the specific role you care about.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I dont use it, never have but I hope the world doesn't conform to the new name... "X me @" or "did you get my X" just sounds really stupid!

If everyone keeps using the term tweet he'll change it back.

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I dont use it, never have but I hope the world doesn't conform to the new name... "X me @" or "did you get my X" just sounds really stupid!

That is BOUND to happen. No one's gonna say "im gonna log on to my X to X this"
This feels like I'm fucking censoring something.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Instead of tweeting, people will be X-creting :tpi:

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Well according to Musk tweets are officially now simply called posts. Which in itself is stupid.

Hey @Lostbhoy I just posted something.

Does that mean in the mail?

Does that mean on X?

Does that mean on any other social network that calls them posts?

Who knows and more importantly who fucking cares :rofl2:

• Haha
Reactions: Flame and Lostbhoy

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know or really care if the name change to "X" will work out, but when I saw people reacting with the mega-WTF to it last week, I was reminded of the day Nintendo announced their new console would be called "Wii." Ya never know.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had to have been some type of oncoming legal/monetary issue of a mammoth size. I can't imagine a company that well-known and used changing its name unless there was huge loss on the near horizon.

Reactions: Flame

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
What's the point in being that rich if you can't troll everyone on the planet occasionally.

idk, losing $50 billion plus. is one shit way to troll people. i would find a un-used account like say: morpheus or agent smith, james bond, clark kent or something something. just mess about. not throw 50 billion in the trash.

the game is rigged for the elite.

"How to ruin an online service in 5 easy steps" by Elon Musk

that book is shit, i recommecond this one:- "How to ruin an online service in 1 easy step" by Elon Musk

Last edited by Flame,

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
As long as it continues being (pretty much) the only place where you get product, developer, general business and status updates from all of your b2b services and partners in one place I'm happy. Hell, he could rename it to "Filiph's got an ugly hat" for all I care as long as it stays useful to the bottom line ;)

Though, I do absolutely find it a bit funny how annoyed some people are about it.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"How to ruin an online service in 5 easy steps" by Elon Musk
>divorce your depraved wife
>fall into a deep depression and get delusions
>fire a CEO who didn't do nothing wrong
>gaslight your employees
>starts removing important features of twitter
>rebrand your company to an X-rated website
>???
>profit?

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Totally get where you're coming from on the whole name-change thing with Twitter. It's like, why mess with a name that everyone knows, right? But hey, sometimes change is part of the game – they're likely chasing some fresh vibes and trying to stay relevant in this ever-evolving social media landscape.
I don't know what he is trying, but he is actually achieving stardom as main character in millions of jokes and memes, usually portraying him as a dumb guy with lots of money and weird obsessions.

Other actions outside twitter do not help either, like making a subway line with cars, or purposing the use of nuclear missiles to make mars habitable and the list goes on and on...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps