Twitch comes to the Nintendo Switch

how-to-stream-to-twitch-from-nintendo-switch-hero.jpg

Twitch is now on the Switch, and once you're done being amused by both names rhyming or feeling frustrated that there still is no Netflix app, you'll be able to go download Twitch from the Nintendo eShop. Through the Twitch app, you'll be able to watch livestreams on your TV in docked mode, or view them on the Switch screen itself in handheld mode. It doesn't give users the ability to stream from the console, nor can you use the Twitch chat--instead, the Switch version will give you a QR code to open the chat on your phone.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve even tried it on a first gen Firestick TV- it was bad but it worked enough. So why isn’t it on the switch?
I can think of two possibilities:

One, the keyboard would take up too much space.

Two, more likely IMO, Nintendo doesn't want to risk the possibility of people sending an exploit through Twitch chat.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I for one think it's a better user experience without having to see the chat
When watching on my tablet or TV the chat is minimized. However, it's nice to have the option on the device I'm using.

Reactions: Megadriver94

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Is 'Twitch' that thing where people watch other people play video games and sometimes give the people playing video games money? Strange times we live in.
It’s a live streaming service

And yes, more or less… considering how lacking so many of them are skill-wise in the entertainment industry

Reactions: zerox521

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The lack of chat is kinda lame, but anything is better than nothing at this point. Whether it's Nintendo making sure Boos don't get into Bowser Jr's Switch or Twitch just not bothering to include a working UI that adds everything Twitch chat has now (bit cheering, subs, channel rewards, the list goes on), I guess it'll come down to see if it works properly or not (as of rn Twitch works like shit on any platform and it's only getting worse... we shall see what people that try it out have to say)

Reactions: Mama Looigi

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
The lack of chat is kinda lame, but anything is better than nothing at this point.
Of course, it's better than nothing for now. But why is everything on Nintendo's consoles permanently incompetently implemented? Either something works the way it's supposed to, or they can go to hell with their crap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E