Hacking twilight hack problems

bazross1969

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys i have a new wii running 3.3 and have installed the twilight hack and homebrew but open a backup game i cannot evey time i try to open the backup loader it throws a cannot open disc subsystem i have burnt the disc with image burn and run it through iso patcher,wii brickblocker,but still i cannot open i have installed the hack and homebrew 5or 6 times now and wasted around 20 discs any help or pointers would be helpfull guys as im so fustrated now
hate2.gif

Regards Baz
I also have jus had a go at loadin a original disc same thing happens??????????

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Seriously the twilight hack has nothing to do with backup launching.

You didn't mention that you installed a cIOS. Did you do it?

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well my wii is modded and i have to use the twilight hack to boot geckoos in order to boot up tatsanuko vs capcom... so there might be some point to this post
smile.gif

but usually people install the homebrew channel and whatever launcher to get their backups to work.. i haven't got into all that just yet. i should install it though so i can keep geckoos on my system instead of having to boot up another game to play it which is pretty gay lol

bazross1969

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep installed the hack and the hbc to the letter of the guide read the posts you added about dol and boot files checked everything is in order in the apps folder every one has its own folder with the boot files in give me a car engine to work with any day there is so much more to this than a newcomer can deal with or am i a bit simple
hate2.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bazross1969 said:
Yep installed the hack and the hbc to the letter of the guide read the posts you added about dol and boot files checked everything is in order in the apps folder every one has its own folder with the boot files in give me a car engine to work with any day there is so much more to this than a newcomer can deal with or am i a bit simple
hate2.gif

==> You didn't install a cIOS

http://gbatemp.net/?act=module&module=...member=WiiGator

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
bazross1969 said:
Hi guys i have a new wii running 3.3 and have installed the twilight hack and homebrew but open a backup game i cannot evey time i try to open the backup loader it throws a cannot open disc subsystem i have burnt the disc with image burn and run it through iso patcher,wii brickblocker,but still i cannot open i have installed the hack and homebrew 5or 6 times now and wasted around 20 discs any help or pointers would be helpfull guys as im so fustrated now
hate2.gif

Regards Baz
I also have jus had a go at loadin a original disc same thing happens??????????
Rather than wasting your discs if the clever kids won't help you. Maybe you could reinstall the twilighthack/backup loader etc.

I just installed the twighlight hack/backup loader etc from this guys guide and the first backup game I burned on a cheap tesco dvdrw worked like a charm.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=120338
All the files needed are in a link on his guide it has pics and everything.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mabilouz said:
Rather than wasting your discs if the clever kids won't help you. Maybe you could reinstall the twilighthack/backup loader etc.

What the ...? If you have problems with the backup launcher and you have the HBC, all you need to do is to reinstall the cIOS and run the loader again.

@bazross1969:
cIOS installer

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
mabilouz said:

What the ...? If you have problems with the backup launcher and you have the HBC, all you need to do is to reinstall the cIOS and run the loader again.

@bazross1969:
cIOS installer
I said IF the clever kids won't help you.
But now you have he won't need to.

bazross1969

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys Im sorry for my rudeness I did not install the cios i had to connect to the internet via the wii to do this now it works a treat and I ha 20 copies of the same game HAHAHA THANKS GUYS A STEEP LEARNING CURVE there tanks again

bazross1969

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mabilouz said:
WiiPower said:
mabilouz said:

@bazross1969:
cIOS installer
I said IF the clever kids won't help you.
But now you have he won't need to.
No your right Mate I am a newcomer and finding hard its like a different language to a new guy some of the posts i have read are good and helpfull some are just bad manners and those guys should remember that they had to start from scratch once thanks mabilouz for your time and goodwill there is no point running a forum if all your going to do is take the piss out of the new guys

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you got the right zip file and the easy guide in the first place you wouldnt have had that issue
tongue.gif
*cough cough* read the how to in my sig *cough*

bazross1969

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I found this forum AFTER i had the problem But IF I WAS clarvoyant I would have known all about it and wouldnt need the help would I!!! like I said it only easy when you know how and whats the point of taking the piss out of the new guys trying to learn and smar a**e posts it would be much better to offer a helping hand rather than insulting remarks and flippant comments imagine taking you car to the garage and the guy there saying huh you dont know where the air flow meter is or what it dose you should go and read your manual!!! dosent help much that dose it when you car wont start in the mornings can you understand where im coming from!!!!!!! THanks to the guys who have helped AND SCREW THE GUYS who havent this is the last post im putting up and the last time i will be a visitor to this forum Regards Baz
frown.gif

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
To be fair djtaz wasn't having a go I'm fairly certain.
smile.gif

He is one of the people on here who stands out as not only being very knowledgeable and helpful but also very tolerant and polite.

But I don't blame you being miffed generally with things here at the moment yesterday the levels of abuse were ridiculous.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare