SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just ported the "Disable HAXX, DVDX, RZDX Checks" patch from 4.2 to 4.0E and 4.0U. Could someone try them and see if they work please?

Here's the hacks.ini, copy and paste it:

Code:
[Disable HAXX, DVDX, RZDX Checks]
Verion=418
Offset=0x8149D624
Value=0x60000000
[Disable HAXX, DVDX, RZDX Checks]
Verion=417
Offset=0x8149D528
Value=0x60000000

I know this isn't very useful, in fact its almost pointless, but it may help someone recover a bricked Wii via SaveMii(Frii) if for some reason preloader wont run homebrew, and they have Twilight Hack installed. NOTE: This will not allow you to install Twilight Hack via Data Managment, you'll have to install it manually, perhaps Remove Copy Protection hack will allow you to copy it, I dunno. If not, you can use FSToolbox to install it, I saw it in a video.

Please do not flame about "its not useful", its there for people who want it. If you dont, leave it.

But if you do try it, please report back if it works, I have not tested it myself. If it works, I'll probably port it to 4.1 soon. Possibly also Japanese System Menus.

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If they have preloader they can go to bootmii IOS or installed a .dol file which could let them fully run and repair their Wii.

Having preloader and needed Savmiifrii are mutually exclusive honestly. You could run Dop IOS from it likely and just fix every IOS on your Wii and be perfectly fine to run Homebrew, or just IOS61 and 36. This really isn't need, the main point of Savemiifrii is what can we do if you don't have any preparation (like updating to 4.2 and getting the 003 error).

Someone needs to port Stacksmash if possible.

I might test it later though.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is a guide right here (very old) on gbatemp to convert between US and PAL savegames for SSBB, so an adapted version of that process might work for smashstack, unless someone has tried that already.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
illinialex24 said:
If they have preloader they can go to bootmii IOS or installed a .dol file which could let them fully run and repair their Wii.

Having preloader and needed Savmiifrii are mutually exclusive honestly. You could run Dop IOS from it likely and just fix every IOS on your Wii and be perfectly fine to run Homebrew, or just IOS61 and 36. This really isn't need, the main point of Savemiifrii is what can we do if you don't have any preparation (like updating to 4.2 and getting the 003 error).

I agree there is very little use for it, but it only took a couple of minutes to do, so I dont care. It was kind of just an experiment anyway. It could be added to StartPatch 4.0 for example, for those who prefer not to use preloader for whatever reason.

QUOTE(noobwarrior7 @ Oct 24 2009, 05:31 PM) there is a guide right here (very old) on gbatemp to convert between US and PAL savegames for SSBB, so an adapted version of that process might work for smashstack, unless someone has tried that already.

That wouldn't work as SmashStack is not a savefile.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
illinialex24 said:

I agree there is very little use for it, but it only took a couple of minutes to do, so I dont care. It was kind of just an experiment anyway. It could be added to StartPatch 4.0 for example, for those who prefer not to use preloader for whatever reason.

QUOTE(noobwarrior7 @ Oct 24 2009, 05:31 PM) there is a guide right here (very old) on gbatemp to convert between US and PAL savegames for SSBB, so an adapted version of that process might work for smashstack, unless someone has tried that already.

That wouldn't work as SmashStack is not a savefile.

duh. which is why I said an adapted version of that process.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Has anyone tried these preloader hacks, to confirm if they work or not? I know they're pretty pointless, but I'd still like to know if they work...

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
TRushInfo said:
if you havent tested it yourself, nobody is gonna take that gamble

its not a gamble, if you have bootmii as a boot2, or preloader (which these codes are), a bricked system menu isn't going to do anything. Just inactivate the codes and no matter what you do its undone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up