ROM Hack TWEWY Romhack

Rabla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So i want to do a Romhack of The World Ends With You, mainly aiming to make an extended version with new scenes, characters, battles, etc.

I was just wondering how i should go about doing it and what tools i would need.

Any help is appeciated.

killeryunran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think it's very great that you want to do something like this.
But you really don't know what you are getting yourself into.
Basically, you have to hack the ENTIRE game, put new sprites into it. Change how some places react
to when the player comes. And change the battles for itself. Input how every pin will react with your new character.
This way you would probably work towards a homebrew game.
So for the sake of people who just think that everything is as easy as that:

Just forget to do so much.

But IF you find someone who is crazy enough and willing to help you.
Good Luck!

Bookwormz13971

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1) You would need to make your own tools for doing so, and also have at least some decent experience in the field of ROM hacking.

2) No one is going to baby you here.

3)Edit: Now when I think about it would probably be possible, but very difficult. I recommend that you start of with simple tasks with simple games.

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Do some research first on how hard it is to make hack a game, let alone make one... It's going to take ages, and it isn't as simple as drag and drop somethings here, remove and change colours there... Start easy first... If you can even code that is...

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1) get your hands on tetris and try to hack new blocks into it

2) realize that alone is more than you are willing to learn

3) hope for TWEWY 2

Im rather sure that theres not a single person in this forum whod be able to do something like that, the best most can do is open the rom with one of the tools made by real programmers, change text files to other languages and replace sounds to undub

for what you want to do, a rom wouldnt even be enough, youd need sourcecode and stuff (which you wont get ever)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't say that at high schools