Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kaos said:
Szyslak said:
GameDragon said:
Yeah I noticed the shortage of Scarletite way too late. Where can I get some more Scarletite or Dark Matter if anyone knows?
You can't get more Scarletite through the story after you complete the game. I think you can only get it as a quest item in the Shibu-Q Head shop, but you need dark matter.

I think the easiest way is to use Joshua to fight Beat during week 2 on Ultimate difficulty. One of the recommended strategies is to chain the battles before Beat so that you have Joshua's level 3 fusion ready for Beat. Now, if you don't have enough Scarletite to get Ultimate difficulty or Joshua's 3rd level fusion, then you can get 1 dark matter from 10 shadow matter as a quest item.
An easier way would be to fight his boss symbol on Chapter 1, Day 4.

That way he won't run off if you don't kill him fast enough.
Yeah, you're right Kaos. That's where I've been farming Dark Matter for the Scarletite I need.

Here's my (updated) Dark Matter strategy if anyone's interested:

[title:Post Game Dark Matter farming]Chapter 1, Day 4, using Joshua as a partner.
- Put clothing on Joshua that starts the battles with fusion stars if you have it
- Set difficulty to Ultimate
- Set drop rate to 67
- Set your partner's battle mode to something other than "Auto:Fast". I use "Auto:Low".
- Boss Noise Beat is at 104, to the left and above the store entrance
- Chain 2 regular noise before Beat Noise, raising your drop rate over 200 (guarantees Beat's Ultimate drop, which is Dark Matter)
- Use the first two battles against frogs and wolves to raise your Fusion level with Joshua to level 3. If your defense is high enough, you don't even need to worry about controlling Neku. Just control Joshua to get the fusion stars. It's not too hard once you get the hang of it. Once I get the max level fusion, I use Neku (Lightning Rook) to kill off the rest of the noise
- At the very beginning of the battle with Beat, unleash the Level 3 Fusion attack, and it should erase Beat right away, dropping his ultimate pin

It takes a couple minutes per battle chain, but it didn't take me that long to get all the Dark Matter I needed for "Hollow Leg", "16 chain battle", etc.

Just wish I hadn't wasted the Scarletite during the story.
rolleyes.gif

Clean Sanchez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zeppo said:
1. as of this post, this thread has more posts than the mario or zelda topics, so this should be stickied.
2. you beat the blue pig by attacking it on both screens at the same time.
3. when you battle Red at molco, you don't have to beat him. just the guy afterwards.

Yeah, all those lame "Mario" games just so suck don't they?
biggrin.gif

Actually, it's good to see some healthy competition in the Nintendo world. Just how many Mario games and FF games do we need?

Erm... more of the FF please. And while Square-Enix is at it: more TWEWY-like games too!

wiequadrat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
guys, can you tell me what's the meaning of blue bar and green bar in the pin level gauge?

i suspect that it have something to do with some of my pin that don't evolve using shutdown PP although the faq states that they can evolve using SDPP

the list of my failed evolve pins using sdpp:
SEXY BEAM
NENEKIRI
LONG LIVE THE FLOE
NATURAL MAGNUM
OCTO SQUEEZE

any1 have the same problem?

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiequadrat said:
guys, can you tell me what's the meaning of blue bar and green bar in the pin level gauge?

i suspect that it have something to do with some of my pin that don't evolve using shutdown PP although the faq states that they can evolve using SDPP

the list of my failed evolve pins using sdpp:
SEXY BEAM
NENEKIRI
LONG LIVE THE FLOE
NATURAL MAGNUM
OCTO SQUEEZE

any1 have the same problem?
Blue represents Battle PP, Green is Shutdown PP. Pins need different types of PP to evolve. The bar is a gauge to let you know which type of PP will be dominant in determining whether the pin evolves or not.

A list of the pins, and what type of PP they need to evolve is here:

TWEWY Pin Wiki

The topic where we were discussing pin evolution is here:

GBAtemp Evolving Badges topic

With a particularly good explanation of how the blue / green / red bar works here:

Ruri's post

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
SavageWaffle said:
I need help, im stuck on the Haiku Dog Statue thing. Im suppose to "free" it. Need help freeing its spirt.
Kill the Noise at the Moia (sp?) statute, then go to the dog stature to the left of Scramble, scan it and then head back the the giant head stature again, scan the guy and return and scan the dog statue again.

Raikiri

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, just got a quick question!

for some weird reason one of my pins in battle (the 4th) to precise has been dragged to the middle of the screen and i have no clue how to return it to its normal position, if anyone has a solution i'd be most grateful!
biggrin.gif

AWESOME game btw ^^ almost done with it =)

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raikiri said:
Hello, just got a quick question!

for some weird reason one of my pins in battle (the 4th) to precise has been dragged to the middle of the screen and i have no clue how to return it to its normal position, if anyone has a solution i'd be most grateful!
biggrin.gif

AWESOME game btw ^^ almost done with it =)

Press start to pause, press select to return pins to where they normally are. You can also drag them to wherever you want.

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
SavageWaffle said:
I need help, im stuck on the Haiku Dog Statue thing. Im suppose to "free" it. Need help freeing its spirt.
Kill the Noise at the Moia (sp?) statute, then go to the dog stature to the left of Scramble, scan it and then head back the the giant head stature again, scan the guy and return and scan the dog statue again.

huh? if u mean that pig, i already killed the pig,

wiequadrat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
thanks for the answer about blue-green-red dominate bar.

may i ask what will happen if the cards for beat combo touch the fire?
and you get star if you "skull the same card" or "just get the same cards"?

i kinda skip the explanation....
biggrin.gif

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiequadrat said:
thanks for the answer about blue-green-red dominate bar.

may i ask what will happen if the cards for beat combo touch the fire?
and you get star if you "skull the same card" or "just get the same cards"?

i kinda skip the explanation....
biggrin.gif
"Two cards on the ground,
pick up one in the air,
Lay on the skull,
and kablam! I'm there."

Here's how Beat's system works:

- As you get to the end of the combo branch, you collect cards. Two cards if you're on the ground, one card if you're up in the air.
- The cards are inserted wherever the cursor is. It could be at the end of the string of cards, or somewhere in the middle. The cursor moves around.
- The cards keep stacking up until either A) the cards touch the flames, or B) you reach a skull at the end of your combo map
- If the cards reach the flames, you lose all your cards, and Beat sustains damage. I don't remember how much damage, but it's a pretty unhealthy chunk.
- When you reach a skull at the end of the combo map, you get a fusion star from any consecutive cards of the same suit. You get more stars if you have multiple instances of consecutive cards of the same suit.

So you only get the stars if you "skull the cards" while you have cards of the same suit that are touching. And you definitely want to "skull the cards" before the cards reach the flames.

Luckily, the closer your cards get to the flame, the more likely it is that there will be a skull on the center combo branch.

I found that if you just leave Beat on Auto:Fast, you can fight just fine most of the time. But every once in a while, especially on a long fight after you've already used a fusion pin, Beat will just self-implode (cards keep hitting the flames).

Probably my least favorite partner.

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I dont play it cose I finished it and dont wan't to play after in free mode, but Joshua was my favourite since he have aerial attacks that look cool and have lot of damage.

dawn.wan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i liked Shiki most out of the 3... Joshua was kinda annoying in ultimate... if only the items you equip'd was shown on the character.. after i finished the game i stopped playing aswell.. didnt really feel the need to evolve all the pins...

Question.. What is the best gear for each char?

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Joshua is by far, the strongest partner. If you increase his combo hit counter by three and then do his aerial move, his finishing attack changes. It becomes this super beam (Similiar to what it nroamally is, but bigger) and it hots both sides of the screen for massive damage. You can basicly wipe out every enemy with it most of the time.

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Joshua get any better?

When I'm on hard, he's always getting his butt kicked :\

I just got into chapter 2. Day 2.

I have his on fast auto. So yeah.

Or should I keep my HP restore pin on at all times, I guess?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1