PCSX2 HD texture pack group

Tutorial?

jonaand2

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
i wish any tutorial to make/or anyone can make hd texture for silent hill origins. thanks so much

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here a simply explanation with the basics

thank you for that tutorial but i still got some questions maybe you could try to answer them

so while dumping soul reaver 2 i got some black textures is that normal? or do i have to do multiple dumps to dump those black textures sucessfull?

and do i have to do a complete playthrough to dump every texture?

Panda_Venom

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
thank you for that tutorial but i still got some questions maybe you could try to answer them

so while dumping soul reaver 2 i got some black textures is that normal? or do i have to do multiple dumps to dump those black textures sucessfull?

and do i have to do a complete playthrough to dump every texture?
Black textures are normal, ignore/delete them. :)
And yes, you need a complete playthrough, :)

JeannieJames

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Black textures are normal, ignore/delete them. :)
And yes, you need a complete playthrough, :)
what if I get multiply same texture from dump, do I need to edit all of them to make changes in game? for example I got more than 10 of the same character texture with different tag address. should I edit texture all manually?

Panda_Venom

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
what if I get multiply same texture from dump, do I need to edit all of them to make changes in game? for example I got more than 10 of the same character texture with different tag address. should I edit texture all manually?
If they are the same, and every time the character is on screen the emu duplicates the texture, than you have no luck, it will never ends. If no more than 2-10 duplications (with minimal color change), that normal, and yes, you need to upscale all.

Reactions: JeannieJames

JuanchoTexHD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Unlimited dump of a texture is impossible, only case known: inventory of RE 3 in dolphin and all the item combinations (programmer dumbass), its not unlimited but its thousands of textures, there is no solution. But if there are 10, 15 textures of a character let's say and they are all the same, just edit in 1 and then make copies of the file and put the hashes of the other textures, rename them manually, if you dont edit and only upscaling simply upscaling all.

• Wow
Reactions: JeannieJames

JeannieJames

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Unlimited dump of a texture is impossible, only case known: inventory of RE 3 in dolphin and all the item combinations (programmer dumbass), its not unlimited but its thousands of textures, there is no solution. But if there are 10, 15 textures of a character let's say and they are all the same, just edit in 1 and then make copies of the file and put the hashes of the other textures, rename them manually, if you dont edit and only upscaling simply upscaling all.
wow thanks, seem like using texture dump gives more than 50 of the same texture and i have make multiple copies of the edited texture and rename the tag manually, it does work but the character texture flashes during gameplay.

JuanchoTexHD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
wow thanks, seem like using texture dump gives more than 50 of the same texture and i have make multiple copies of the edited texture and rename the tag manually, it does work but the character texture flashes during gameplay.
Flashes or change between upscaled and normal remaining textures? are you sure that ALL the textures are dumped, all are identically, and you restore the alpha after edition? check that. if not is that maybe a bug with upscaled textures happen with that game, check configurations like the blending level. Another possibility is a mipmap drama, check if that charackter dumps mipmaps enabling mipmap dumping.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
not ps2 related but can anyone recommend me a tool to bulk convert bmp to dds (dxt5 with mipmaps) ?

tried imageconverterplus but it only gives me errors in the logfile with no texture output (Badargument)

tried several other image converting tools but none of them actually outputs in dxt5

only paint.net would work but it doesnt support bulk/batch actions + the bulk plugin wont work on newer and converting
the textures manually one by one is just horrible to do it for more than 6000 textures

LuismaSP89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Sorry, but are the dumped textures / texture packs in USA version compatible with PAL games? Or the texture names/codes are different between PAL/NTSC versions.

If not, I assume it can be compatible just by renaming the textures manually, but that would be crazy...

JuanchoTexHD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Sorry, but are the dumped textures / texture packs in USA version compatible with PAL games? Or the texture names/codes are different between PAL/NTSC versions.

If not, I assume it can be compatible just by renaming the textures manually, but that would be crazy...
The hashes are different, if is only interface textures you can rename with the dump hashes without much effort, but a whole game its insane, renaming 2000 3000 or more textures is impossible, except if is a exact number pattern (a segment repetitive) that change in both versions, that is modifable with renamer programs. check if are a pattern changeable.

BoneHeaded

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I'd like to give this thing a shot, but I have some questions. How do you keep track of your progress? I've seen people say their WIP is a certain percentage finished. Even a game I play religiously, I wouldn't know how many textures are meant to exist in any given level. I'm concerned about missing textures if I didn't walk to every corner of the map.

Do you guys play through the game completely or are there save files that allow you to use a level selector? I assume that would be the most efficient, but would you be risking missing textures that way?

How are you guys handling cutscenes? I noticed that every frame of a cutscene dumped as individual PNG files, but there was a rainbow bar on the image that I thought might be data information. Don't know if I should change that if it is important.

Lastly, what ESRGAN models are you people using? What models do you think work best for this type of thing? Thanks!

JuanchoTexHD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey, I'd like to give this thing a shot, but I have some questions. How do you keep track of your progress? I've seen people say their WIP is a certain percentage finished. Even a game I play religiously, I wouldn't know how many textures are meant to exist in any given level. I'm concerned about missing textures if I didn't walk to every corner of the map.

Do you guys play through the game completely or are there save files that allow you to use a level selector? I assume that would be the most efficient, but would you be risking missing textures that way?

How are you guys handling cutscenes? I noticed that every frame of a cutscene dumped as individual PNG files, but there was a rainbow bar on the image that I thought might be data information. Don't know if I should change that if it is important.

Lastly, what ESRGAN models are you people using? What models do you think work best for this type of thing? Thanks!
i told you what i do/know:
Q1: the original textures appear when you entering a zone in a certain distance, depending the game, it dumps everything at once or with approximation, its not necessary exploring every corner but a walkin around is enough. and the percentage is by zone, or "dungeon" dumped/processed, a room can dump 15 textures or 150, its variable.

Q2: Yes i play the entire damn game, but i use cheats to make it easy, like invencible or things like that. the thing is some textures need second or third checking bcos some tex are triggered in certain situations, like choices in the game or different endings etc.

Q3: pcsx2 devs info: if a FMV dump has garbage or the image shows the picture and a half more of the same, that game has the FMV dump broken and cant be loaded when you activate the replacement, no solution.

Q4: i use the n00mkrad s models, there is no "best" model, you need to test what model fits better with the game, the upscale reaction is unpredictable, upscale a texture with various models (took the transparency off first) and check it all in paint net at the same time to define what is the better.

Reactions: rantex92

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: