abiectio

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
What do you mean? What did you do?

Edit: Found out that the Wii doesn't like my IDE->USB adapter. I guess I'll try to find the power adapter for my USB drive chassis. It works with my stick now, but only after I had format it to FAT32 first. Hope this helps for some.

coedshowers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrFaust said:
Everytime I launcher the USB Loader 1.1, I get the following error and have not been able to find the meaning of this error yet.

USB loader [+] ERROR: Could not initialize USB subsystem! (ret = -6)

Any ideas what I am missing?

the ret-6 is hard drive format related i got it on like 5 diff devices untill i finally deleted all the partitions on the device and re-formatted it with fat32.. then it started showing up fine and asking me to "format with wbfs" and no more ret-6 errors... i used a 250gb( seagate in a cheapazz removable bay)
and a 300gb seagate.

after deleting them and partitioning then in fat32 both are working fine so do that.....

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know, people have problem with the game freezing about 1 minute into gameplay, having other USB device (ie Wii Speak in ACCF) not working and freezing when installing a game via Wii. If you can add this to the first post it should help people solve their problem.

Remember if it's a random freezing problem then it might be your flashdrive/HDD.

glal14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When installing the custom IOS with the IOS Installer, everything works except the procedure at the very end, where I get "Installing ticket...... ERROR! (ret = -2011)"

My Wii is on 3.4U. What's the problem?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
glal14 said:
When installing the custom IOS with the IOS Installer, everything works except the procedure at the very end, where I get "Installing ticket...... ERROR! (ret = -2011)"

My Wii is on 3.4U. What's the problem?
hmmm, I wonder....

3.4 has no trucha bug, so you cant install cIOS
use a guide in one of the stickies to downgrade to 3.2U

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you CAN install cios on 3.4 if you install the ios16 first. Search and ye SHALL find cuz there are many threads...

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
When formatting my partition on my PC, the USB loader doesn't see it's a WBFS partition.
When formatting my partition on my Wii, my PC doesn't assign it a drive letter and thinks it unallocated space.
I don't want to spend all my DVD+R's and DVD+RW's are not working. Any help?

graz519

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone find the loader a little unstable? Its never frozen for me in a game (knock wood), but sometimes Ill play a game off the HD, then go back to Wii Menu, then load the USBLoader and it says Error -1. Only way to fix this is to turn off the Wii and unplug the HD and start all over. Not a huge deal, but still weird.

Velocity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
utahraptor said:
The problem seems to have been from ISO249, I uninstalled it with AnyTitleDeleter and now everything works fine, I just hope I can still use the DVDdumper without ISO249
Hi All,

Having a few issues installing the CIOS Rev 9

I was on FW3.3E so have now downgraded to 3.2E and installed the Homebrew Channel (which worked fine)
I then tried to install CIOS Rev 9 but during the installation I got the following message 'extracting content #00... ERROR! (ret = -1017)'
However I don't have any custom CIOS' installed and after booting up AnyTitle Deleter it only shows the following:
00000001 - System Titles
00010000 - Disc Game Titles (and saves)
00010001 - Installed Channel Titles
00010002 - System Channel Titles
00010004 - Games that use Channels (Channel+Save)
00010005 - Downloadable Game Content
00010008 - Hidden Channels

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing the problem

Thanks,

Vel

pika9323

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Open System Titles.

There will be a cIOS249.
grog.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
graz519 said:
Anyone find the loader a little unstable? Its never frozen for me in a game (knock wood), but sometimes Ill play a game off the HD, then go back to Wii Menu, then load the USBLoader and it says Error -1. Only way to fix this is to turn off the Wii and unplug the HD and start all over. Not a huge deal, but still weird.
The loader is still in early stages, so its not perfected yet
newer versions will be more stable

earthworm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
graz519 said:

Yeah....i have a similar problem....i can usually get it to work but it often takes rebooting the wii/hdd to get rid of that error -1 msg.....oh well, nothing to complain too much about and i'm sure that future releases will stabilize things!
smile.gif

thatcoolguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cool FAQ. i have two questions though

-if i already have gamma 0.3 installed, will installing all the stuff as said in the FAQ possibly cause gamma to stop working? this IOS stuff really confuses me
-does the USB CIOS author have plans for increasing compatibility with more USB drives (that damn -1 error code) because i am very nervous about buying a hard disk only to find it errored on me when trying, it's really putting me off trying this

tnt118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thatcoolguy said:
cool FAQ. i have two questions though

-if i already have gamma 0.3 installed, will installing all the stuff as said in the FAQ possibly cause gamma to stop working? this IOS stuff really confuses me
-does the USB CIOS author have plans for increasing compatibility with more USB drives (that damn -1 error code) because i am very nervous about buying a hard disk only to find it errored on me when trying, it's really putting me off trying this

I have .3 beta installed, which continues to work. I've read on another post here that if you do the network install of the cIOS, you'll be fine, but if you do a wad install, you risk it no longer working.

I asked the same question about future updates increasing compatibility... two drives that I have do not work. While nothing has specifically been stated that I've seen, there's another thread here that is gathering information about drives that do not work. I'll just have to hope that this leads to increased compatibility down the road.

aaa666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my wii sports to less then a minute and was called sport for revolution. was that the norm btw i got a black friday console after launch date

asianking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i haven't give it a try yet, but can someone tell me how do you play the image? through usbloader?

there are some users who using usbgecko; someone thinking of implementing it?

Viral_Weaponry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In my case Im trying to use an 80GB 3.5 hdd with a casing to make it external and the usb loader doesnt recognize it, it says "Error: Could not initialize usb subsys ten! (ret = -1)". But I have another hdd, this one is 2.5 toshiba 20GB and it works great. I would like to use the 80GB one but at least I could try it.

thatcoolguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tnt118 said:
I have .3 beta installed, which continues to work. I've read on another post here that if you do the network install of the cIOS, you'll be fine, but if you do a wad install, you risk it no longer working.

I asked the same question about future updates increasing compatibility... two drives that I have do not work. While nothing has specifically been stated that I've seen, there's another thread here that is gathering information about drives that do not work. I'll just have to hope that this leads to increased compatibility down the road.

thanks. i will go with the network install when i install the IOS, which seems to be just leaving the .wad file mentioned at top of the FAQ outside of the root of the SD card.

yeah i really hope compatibility increases because it sounds like i'm restricted to only a couple of hard drives. WD passports seem to be good but it'd be cool knowing i can just pick up any old disk and it'd work. too bad i guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.