Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
aaa666 said:
my wii sports to less then a minute and was called sport for revolution. was that the norm btw i got a black friday console after launch date
Yes, it's supposed to have that, since Wii was named in earlier developement stages Revolution
wink.gif

JeAves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Accidentally installed IOS36-64-v1042.wad trough wad manager before installed using cios installer program.. Any harm done? Should I delete it?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
you installed the original IOS36
You can use the cIOS36r9 installer (or r8 if you dont use the usb loader) to make it a cIOS again.
If you don't use backups, you don't need to delete it

Omegax0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Am I the only one who can't get Rune Factory Frontier to work with USB Loader?

According to the compatibility list it works fine, but I get a green screen when booting. Tried patching it to ios 249 but I got the same result. Any ideas?

richy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
you installed the original IOS36
You can use the cIOS36r9 installer (or r8 if you dont use the usb loader) to make it a cIOS again.
If you don't use backups, you don't need to delete it
I thought cIOS36 was a COPY of IOS36 which was then patched and this copy is called IOS249 - i.e. you're not touching the console's version of IOS36 at all.... or have I got that wrong? I always thought it didn't overwrite any system files but just added one

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I have found a little problem, and I'm interessted if anyone else also have this...

When I load Brawl via USB, everything works fine for a certain time, but after some time, my Nunckuck is something like frozen, I can move left and right, but Up and Down won't work...it looks like it thinks that Up is always pressed, because if I pause, the camera goes up...and this always happens, also with another Nunchuck...other games seem to work fine...that is a nasty bug...

So, has anyone else this problem? Thanks in Advance
smile.gif

Smartpal

The Guitar Guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
You should really add how to partition without losing data.

1) Get Partition Magic 9 (pirate if need be
rolleyes.gif
)

2) Install, run and then select create new partition

3) Select your external drive with some free space on it.

4) Select the size of the new partition depending on the free space, select a drive letter, volume label etc.

5) Select a filesystem to format with (Don't worry you can change it to WBFS later using one of the GUIs)

6) Wait for a while till it creates the new partition.

7)Voila! You now have a new partition to boot your Wii games from without losing existing data! Format it to WBFS and add your games.

Hope this helps.
yay.gif

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
I have found a little problem, and I'm interessted if anyone else also have this...

When I load Brawl via USB, everything works fine for a certain time, but after some time, my Nunckuck is something like frozen, I can move left and right, but Up and Down won't work...it looks like it thinks that Up is always pressed, because if I pause, the camera goes up...and this always happens, also with another Nunchuck...other games seem to work fine...that is a nasty bug...

So, has anyone else this problem? Thanks in Advance
smile.gif

Mine does the same thing. Just unplug it from the Wiimote and replug it. I think it happens because the Nunchuck's joystick is pushed in a direction whent he game starts, causing it to stick.

amilo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
coedshowers said:
MrFaust said:
Everytime I launcher the USB Loader 1.1, I get the following error and have not been able to find the meaning of this error yet.

USB loader [+] ERROR: Could not initialize USB subsystem! (ret = -6)

Any ideas what I am missing?

the ret-6 is hard drive format related i got it on like 5 diff devices untill i finally deleted all the partitions on the device and re-formatted it with fat32.. then it started showing up fine and asking me to "format with wbfs" and no more ret-6 errors... i used a 250gb( seagate in a cheapazz removable bay)
and a 300gb seagate. "

after deleting them and partitioning then in fat32 both are working fine so do that.....

I reformated my 320 gb Buffalo HD to FAT32 and tried again and I am still getting the "USB loader [+] ERROR: Could not initialize USB subsystem! (ret = -6)" message.
I'm giving up at this stage.Pity because I would have loved to have this feature as my daugther has autism and tends to scratch the discs when trying to play the wii.

Oh well
unsure.gif

Fellipepb07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!
I can't dump any of my wii pirate games!
Only wii sports is working, because its original.
I think the problem is my d2ckey modchip.

Some guy said that if I install softmii the problem will be solved...is that true?

S.Bear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauez101 said:
is there any way to unpatch isos patched for the backup channel before the gamma channel came out?

I've asked similar questions myself considering the majority of my backups are patched but i've been told on several occasions that unpatching the isos isn't possible. Beyond that, all i can suggest is
that you reburn the original, unpatched isos if you have them and if not, rent whatever games you need and then extract them to your external hard drive/SD Card using USB Loader v1.1.

Sorry for both of us that i couldn't be of more help =(

~P~

walter40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amilo said:
coedshowers said:
MrFaust said:
Everytime I launcher the USB Loader 1.1, I get the following error and have not been able to find the meaning of this error yet.

USB loader [+] ERROR: Could not initialize USB subsystem! (ret = -6)

Any ideas what I am missing?

the ret-6 is hard drive format related i got it on like 5 diff devices untill i finally deleted all the partitions on the device and re-formatted it with fat32.. then it started showing up fine and asking me to "format with wbfs" and no more ret-6 errors... i used a 250gb( seagate in a cheapazz removable bay)
and a 300gb seagate. "

after deleting them and partitioning then in fat32 both are working fine so do that.....

I reformated my 320 gb Buffalo HD to FAT32 and tried again and I am still getting the "USB loader [+] ERROR: Could not initialize USB subsystem! (ret = -6)" message.
I'm giving up at this stage.Pity because I would have loved to have this feature as my daugther has autism and tends to scratch the discs when trying to play the wii.

Oh well
unsure.gif

"unsure" I hope you won't give up. The ret=6 error was happening to me till I reread the following instructions:
"Prep:
-Extract the usbloader.rar file into the root of your SD card.
-Stick the IOS36-64-v1042.wad file into the root of the SD card.
-Boot the Homebrew Channel, run the IOS installer
-Select "WAD Install", it should install automatically
-Reset Wii"

I did not run IOSCustomInstallerRev9 through the home brew channel at first.
Instead I tried to use wad installer to install the IOS36-64-v1042.wad, that did not work.
Just make sure to have the folders IOSCustomInstallerRev9 and usbloader in the apps folder on the sd card.
Also don't forget to have IOS36-64-v1042.wad sitting in the root directory of the sd card.
Run IOSCustomInstallerRev9 from home brew channel and then goto the usb loader and it should should work.
Perhaps you have already done this, just trying to be helpful.
I have an autistic son.
By the way if you get it working there is a channel "Childproof-Loader.wad" on this forum that should foot the bill once you get all games on through the regular usb loader via hbc.

kebabinho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
"I'm also getting the (ret = -1) error but not all the time, I'm using a Westen Digital WDBEVT (320gb) with a partition (270gb win, 50gb Wii). I've tried the above and it also didn't work. The bit that was weird is that i could get it work something, and i don't have anyone usb connected.

So after a bit of time i found that if i do the below, The USB launcher will detect my USB HD, and so far only if i do the below. (I have a 2gb usb stick which worked with out fail.)

1. Load Geexbox from homebrew channel
2. Check that it has detected by USB HD
3. Select the reboot option on Geexbox
4. load homebrew again and launcher the USB launcher."

I have found that the above "fix" also works for me. I have a Buffalo ministation (70GB) i think. I have it partitioned so the first partition is FAT and the second is WBFS. The only way i can get it to recognize is to first load Geexbox and then reboot from this and launch the USB loader.

If interested, i used GParted to split into 2 partitions, used windows XP to set the drive letter, and then one of the softwares on this board to set it to WBFS. I used the same software to copy over pro EVO 2009, and Star wars lego, and they both work fine. Much better with the faster loading times, and its a small price to pay having to load geexbox first.

-kebabinho

mark.m.moran

Trophies
XP
Country
Smartpal said:
You should really add how to partition without losing data.

1) Get Partition Magic 9 (pirate if need be
rolleyes.gif
)

2) Install, run and then select create new partition

3) Select your external drive with some free space on it.

4) Select the size of the new partition depending on the free space, select a drive letter, volume label etc.

5) Select a filesystem to format with (Don't worry you can change it to WBFS later using one of the GUIs)

6) Wait for a while till it creates the new partition.

7)Voila! You now have a new partition to boot your Wii games from without losing existing data! Format it to WBFS and add your games.

Hope this helps.
yay.gif

To format it with WBFS what tool does one need to use? If I do all your steps above and then connect it to the Wii and fire up the USB loader will the Wii format that partition only with WBFS and leave everything else alone?

Cheers,
M

gunslinger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
strange -.- i cannot run any ntsc-u game through usb loader on my pal wii (except trauma center 2nd opinion). what to do?

thewebguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i got the USB to work so far...
1 problem i am having is this when i first start the Wii I need to REBOOT the USB Hard drive in order for it to be recognized if I dont i get a Ret- 1 error any thoughts on this to why its happening

I got the usb NTSC force to works so my pals work fine only game so far that get stuck on the laoding screen in MLB 2k9 just says load...any thoughts on this

grakje

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
thewebguy said:
Well i got the USB to work so far...
1 problem i am having is this when i first start the Wii I need to REBOOT the USB Hard drive in order for it to be recognized if I dont i get a Ret- 1 error any thoughts on this to why its happening

I got the usb NTSC force to works so my pals work fine only game so far that get stuck on the laoding screen in MLB 2k9 just says load...any thoughts on this
It'll be your usb hard drive.

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
quick question guys !

this has to have been asked but i cant find it and google finds nothing ! please point the way

how do you transfer .iso's onto USB Loader ? well install them ( have i been taking stupid pills or what ? )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?