Hacking tutorial on how to get the NDS Browser working?

audog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok take it easy, this is the first post, I've done my rooting through a BUNCH of posts but cant seen to find the answer as to getting the opera browser working w/ a DS Simply and a M3perfect lite? Ive read that the rom must be patched (even w/ a slot 1 card ? ), then there is talk about the need to attach a batch file to the rom, that it will only work w/R4, Moonshell must be in alignment w/Stonehenge ? Well maybe someone could help us w/ this :nds: it would be greatly appreciated.

Densen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As far as I know, whether you have R4 or any other slot-1 device, you still need a slot-2 device to be used as ram.

If you're using the official memory expansion pak as your extra ram, then you can use the clean original browser rom in conjunction with that official expansion.

If you have a slot-2 device like the M3 or Supercard ones, and you want to use them as the ram expansion for the browser, then you'll need a special modified (hacked) rom of the browser. It shouldn't be too hard to find. That modified rom will allow you to use your slot-2 device as extra ram to run the browser.

Without a slot-2 device or the official expansion, you cannot use the opera browser.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok take it easy, this is the first post, I've done my rooting through a BUNCH of posts but cant seen to find the answer as to getting the opera browser working w/ a DS Simply and a M3perfect lite? Ive read that the rom must be patched (even w/ a slot 1 card ? ), then there is talk about the need to attach a batch file to the rom, that it will only work w/R4, Moonshell must be in alignment w/Stonehenge ? Well maybe someone could help us w/ thisÂ
nds.gif
 it would be greatly appreciated.
It will NOT work with an M3 Lite as it is missing the crucial part to this, 32MB of on-board memory. All it has is 4MB I think.

Personally, the patched rom has NEVER worked for me and no one has been able to explain why. DS-X 1.0.2 + M3 SD (OLD). All it does for me is boot up fine, but crash or give a low ram error when doing almost anything else. Shows no signs of actually connecting to my router either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1