ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thanks, I've finally downgraded successfully
biggrin.gif
Now I'mma read some guides to getting backups working.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
try re-accepting the user agreement when you set up connecting to the internet.

There are also a shop channel, mii channel hacks to get their new features and be able to use them while on 3.2.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'll deal with this later, off to the gym now
smile.gif

Question: is cIOS36 r8 supposed to be nothing but a .dol file? cIOS36_rev8_Installer.dol? I'll run it later then. Through HBC I assume. And then try and fix the stupid Shop Channel lol.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
try find it as a wad if ur nets not working on ur wii.

Other wise the .dol (requires a genuine ios36 on the root of he sd) patches ios36 online and then installs it.

someone made a helper to get the wad through ur pc... cant remember who.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Found it! Does it matter whether I install the file through WAD Manager or Custom WAD Manager? I don't get the difference between them
happy.gif

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
There, I've got everything working now! At least I think so, can't be sure until I actually get a game running - which I have yet to succeed with, I've tried Ghost Squad and Skii & Shoot but none of the would work. Probably because I burned them on DVD+R media, or maybe the ISOs are damaged - who knows
happy.gif

Well, thanks for all the help, hopefully I'll be able to get a game working eventually - got plenty of them downlodad, will pick up some Verbatim DVD-R tomorrow
smile.gif

Edit: oh darnit, I still haven't installed the Shop Channel. Oh well, in time I'm sure I'll be able to get my connection working again...

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hello again!
happy.gif

I've just softmodded and downgraded my friend's PAL Wii as described:

run wad man
install ios16
run wad man custom
install cios249 r7
run (modified) "cioscorp installer" making sure ur correct region sysmenu is in there
Done

I also installed rev8 before running the cioscorp installer, and then proceeded with installing Backup Loader 0.3. The problem we have now is that when trying to play Mario Kart Wii NTSC, the screen turns black after launching the game and nothing happens - can't even press the Home button.

MadWorld PAL on the other hand gives a #002 error.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Edit: downloaded the 002 fix and that took care of both games, but it'd be nice to know why this happened and how to solve it (would rather use the Backup Loader channel than enter HBC everytime he wants to run a game)
blink.gif

ambani

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I am palnning to upgrade using KiiWii's method of using cioscorp directory loaded with all the relevant wads. Can I put a prefix in front of the file names like 1axxxx, 1bxxxx ... 2bxxxx, so that they are installed in that order. Or is retaining original file name recommended.

ale.sasha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
KiiWii said:
I used this method as rewritten in my post myself this afternoon, i went from 3.4e to 3.2e within 7-8 minutes.

it worked 100%

Just found out cioscorp installer blindly installs whatever is in the cioscorp folder, thus we could put wads:

1c - IOS9-64-v516.wad
1d - IOS17-64-v512.wad
1e - IOS20-64-v12.wad
1f - IOS21-64-v514.wad
1g - IOS28-64-v1288.wad
1h - IOS31-64-v1040.wad
1i - IOS33-64-v1040.wad
1j - IOS34-64-v1039.wad
1k - IOS35-64-v1040.wad
1l - IOS36-64-v1042.wad
2a - IOS30-64-v1040.wad
2b - SystemMenu-v290.wad (FOR PAL ONLY)

--=or=--

2b - SystemMenu-v289.wad (FOR NTSC ONLY)

--=or=--

2b - SystemMenu-v288.wad (FOR JAP ONLY)

in the cioscorp folder and the guide would be:

run wad man
install cios16
run wad man custom
install cios249 r7
run (modified) "cioscorp installer" making sure ur correct region sysmenu is in there
Done

biggrin.gif

Is this procedure the right one for people that have a 3.3E firmware version (PAL)?
I've a semi-bricked wii and I hope it will repair my system setup menu... Which game has all the mentioned WAD files? I tried with Mario Galaxy, but there are some missing files...
Thank you.
Ale

kedirakevo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Guys i think i bricked my wii... I installed those wads in order but still bricked in the end... Any pointers where i have gone wrong?

Im on 4.0 with preloader installed. I wanted to downgrade at the same time get rid of preloader...

And my system menu wad is named as 0000000100000002-NUS-v289.wad instead of systemenu289.wad.... does it affect?

Btw, its a Korean Wii that serial number starts with LKM++

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This is why we need a wii mod, to close all old guides

Anyway, the reason of your brick is most likely that you have a Korean wii, which can't use any guide afaik.

Do you still have preloader?

kedirakevo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
tj_cool said:
This is why we need a wii mod, to close all old guides

Anyway, the reason of your brick is most likely that you have a Korean wii, which can't use any guide afaik.

Do you still have preloader?

Nope, totaly brick, nothing works now... lolx... My korean wii is modded to english... using system menu 4.0U... I have the notion that all wiis are the same... please kindly enlighten me if they arent...

Another thing i did this was i didnt want the preloader. And i prefer system menu 3.2... and since the method to remove the preloader is reinstall sysmenu 4.0, and furthermore offline downgrading is as easy as this guide, i tot i just give it a try... seems logicial, installing everything leaving the systemmenu.wad last to install
So would really appreciate if anyone could shed the light.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb