Cermage

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Sorry for the rant, but even with disclaimer you should know what you are doing when you write a guide about something that can brick Wiis. You should add some information about what IOS16 is and why you install it, and what's the difference between the custom WAD Manager and the normal one. And add the missing IOS, at least IOS9 and IOS28 are missing. And if you skip cios_fix.wad and use Waninkoko's cIOS36rev7 directly this guide will save A LOT OF TIME for a lot of people, for the people following this guide and for the people cleaning up after the noobs followed this guide. And if you add how to test if the installation of the IOS was done right, this guide could become the standard downgrade guide.

This set of steps works every single time for me. As for further details ill write them in later, as i've got class in a couple minutes. with the IOS you install yourself, the cIOS installer will not proceed after installing IOS36 from your SD card. even though it will say success, above the "SUCCESS" there will be an error and cIOS will not be installed properly. also i wasn't aware that you could just install cIOS36rev7 directly
tongue.gif

pika9323

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm for some time here was a topic to downgrade/make a Korean Wii an U.

There was also an Anyregionchanger local Version (i still have this one on my pc).

Couldn´t we just use the local Version?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I used this method as rewritten in my post myself this afternoon, i went from 3.4e to 3.2e within 7-8 minutes.

it worked 100%

Just found out cioscorp installer blindly installs whatever is in the cioscorp folder, thus we could put wads:

1c - IOS9-64-v516.wad
1d - IOS17-64-v512.wad
1e - IOS20-64-v12.wad
1f - IOS21-64-v514.wad
1g - IOS28-64-v1288.wad
1h - IOS31-64-v1040.wad
1i - IOS33-64-v1040.wad
1j - IOS34-64-v1039.wad
1k - IOS35-64-v1040.wad
1l - IOS36-64-v1042.wad
2a - IOS30-64-v1040.wad
2b - SystemMenu-v290.wad (FOR PAL ONLY)

--=or=--

2b - SystemMenu-v289.wad (FOR NTSC ONLY)

--=or=--

2b - SystemMenu-v288.wad (FOR JAP ONLY)

in the cioscorp folder and the guide would be:

run wad man
install cios16
run wad man custom
install cios249 r7
run (modified) "cioscorp installer" making sure ur correct region sysmenu is in there
Done

biggrin.gif

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
pika9323 said:

There was also an Anyregionchanger local Version (i still have this one on my pc).

Have you used AnyRegionChanger local version? If you did, from which firmware/region did you change from and which firmware/region did you change to?
I also have the local version on my PC but haven't used it yet because I hadn't come across anyone who used it.

QUOTE(KiiWii @ Mar 3 2009, 10:07 PM) I used this method as rewritten in my post myself this afternoon, i went from 3.4e to 3.2e within 7-8 minutes.

it worked 100%

Just found out cioscorp installer blindly installs whatever is in the cioscorp folder, thus we could put wads:
But which order will it install them in? Because IOS30 has to be installed before the system menu right?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One would assume that the CIOSCORP installer would install them from top to bottom, but assumptions could lead to bricks if unchecked.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bowser said:
pika9323 said:

Have you used AnyRegionChanger local version? If you did, from which firmware/region did you change from and which firmware/region did you change to?
I also have the local version on my PC but haven't used it yet because I hadn't come across anyone who used it.

I used it, it works. It does 3.2E too if you add the 3.2E files from NUS.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Diffusion said:
bowser said:
pika9323 said:

I used it, it works. It does 3.2E too if you add the 3.2E files from NUS.

Thanks for replying. So I can use it to change from 3.1J to 3.2U right? Just want to be absolutely sure. What region did you change from/to?

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bowser said:
Thanks for replying. So I can use it to change from 3.1J to 3.2U right? Just want to be absolutely sure. What region did you change from/to?

Yes. I tried 3.2U to 3.2E, 3.2E to 3.2J, and 3.2J to 3.2U. It works exactly like the online version, except it checks the SD card for the file before connecting to NUS.

batbox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad the same as IOS16-64-v257.WAD?

What does the difference in file name mean (if anything)?

Thanks

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bowser said:
pika9323 said:

QUOTE(KiiWii @ Mar 3 2009, 10:07 PM) I used this method as rewritten in my post myself this afternoon, i went from 3.4e to 3.2e within 7-8 minutes.

it worked 100%

But which order will it install them in? Because IOS30 has to be installed before the system menu right?
anyone got a link to tis?? google came back empty

batbox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To the OP - could this set of steps be used to upgrade a Wii (for example a 3.1E) to 3.2E?

If so could you detail the order of the steps.

Thanks very much for any help

Kirsty

xDarkElement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha why is the title called "Offline Downgrading" You have to use the internet to search up the guide.
You need the internet to get the files too, unless you have a friend who got the files for you. You also need the internet to download backups, if your going to use them.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
xDarkElement said:
Haha why is the title called "Offline Downgrading" You have to use the internet to search up the guide.
You need the internet to get the files too, unless you have a friend who got the files for you. You also need the internet to download backups, if your going to use them.

It's called offline because the Wii doesn't need to be connected to the internet. That's a very big argument for this method. Not to mention that some people don't have wireless LAN or are are behind a router that isn't wifi compatible.

batbox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower you seem pretty clued up on this upgrading/downgrading lark.

Would it be possible to use the methods described in this thread to upgrade a 3.1E wii to 3.2E safely?

I have no internet access on the wii and id like to run backups but there's not much info out there on upgrading - and don't want to rush in and end up with a brick!

Any help much appreciated!
biggrin.gif

Kirsty

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
batbox said:
WiiPower you seem pretty clued up on this upgrading/downgrading lark.

Would it be possible to use the methods described in this thread to upgrade a 3.1E wii to 3.2E safely?

I have no internet access on the wii and id like to run backups but there's not much info out there on upgrading - and don't want to rush in and end up with a brick!

Any help much appreciated!
biggrin.gif

Kirsty

I wonder why this guide didn't become the ultimate upgrade/downgrading/cioscorp uninstalling/start all over guide. No matter which firmware you are on before installing these wads(firmware at least up to 3.4), you are at 3.2 firmware after. Instructions how to get trucha bugged versions of IOS37 and up would be nice too, to get an improved 3.2 firmware.

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've been always looking for a tutorial like this! Thanks for the initiative, mishra! Thanks for the corrections, WiiPower!

mishra, just one thing: when you're about to improve your tutorial, bare in mind that you can get cIOS249r7.wad from the SoftMii package!
wink.gif

Cheers!

bootsector

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.