Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MightyMouse said:
i love them RunCores.. i'm gonna get a 128gb for my MSI Wind Hackint0sh

whats the loading time like on the wii dude??

There's no difference between the load times with in internal than there is with it being external, and i've had no issues with heating.

My friend's been here playing Madworld since 8 this morning and there hasn't been any issues so far, and the Wii doesn't feel even warm at all.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't really on topic, but it's a question I need to ask. Do I need to have both the power and motherboard cable attached to the DVD drive board so that I don't get error messages? The connector for the ribbon cable is broken, so I only have the motherboard cable. Even with that connected I still get errors and can't run channels(actually, the Mii/Photo channel work, but for less than a minute). Is that normal, as in I need both cables?

ekolimits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darkzero51521 said:
Tichinde925 said:
I noticed that your Wii has the LED lights in the gamecube ports. If you dont mind, do you mind posting another high bandwidth tutorial on how to accomplish that?

That was easy. I did that in like 5 minutes, and was disappointed at how dull they turned out. I will make a tutorial if there's enough requests..I plan on making a mod to keep my wii's DVD slot light on continuously next anyways.

id like to know too!

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
This isn't really on topic, but it's a question I need to ask. Do I need to have both the power and motherboard cable attached to the DVD drive board so that I don't get error messages? The connector for the ribbon cable is broken, so I only have the motherboard cable. Even with that connected I still get errors and can't run channels(actually, the Mii/Photo channel work, but for less than a minute). Is that normal, as in I need both cables?

You do need them both attached, there's no way around that, that i know at least.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
This is a groundbreaking mod. Even if it's not rigorously technical, your Wii there is one-of-a-kind.

If you played your cards right on eBay, you could easily sell this Internal HDD Wii, the first of its kind, for $500.

Kudos to an amazing hack. The next logical step would be to try to perfect it with something like a SSD or laptop HDD so the disc drive is still usable.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heran Bago said:
This is a groundbreaking mod. Even if it's not rigorously technical, your Wii there is one-of-a-kind.

If you played your cards right on eBay, you could easily sell this Internal HDD Wii, the first of its kind, for $500.

Kudos to an amazing hack. The next logical step would be to try to perfect it with something like a SSD or laptop HDD so the disc drive is still usable.

something like this, Were it still has the DVD drive intact
http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=11383

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^That is pretty nice. I like my way, though. I can have a full 500gb hard drive inside, If I wanted. And of course I can always switch out the drive if needed.

eprom

Trophies
XP
Country
France
but why make a hole for another usb port that comes from hdd, when you can solder in the wii usb port from inside (board usb pins) is a clean install and for installing new games you use the usb port from the wii. i will bookmark this page and when my 320gb 2,5" arrives i will update this tutorial with that method more clean no holes and using port 2 wii to install new games.

what iam searching now is how to run all applications and wiiware without the need of dvd drive, like i have one wii with drive 100% dead and don't want to buy a dvd board just to do the trick, maybe i can find a bypass in the dvd flat cable but i think will be impossible. this drive has the chip D2B (no legs) bad cutted i bought it this way thinking that usbloader would work fine.

shadow100z

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cool. lol i just tapped my slim 320gb harddrive to the side of my wii using double sided tape and made a short (12cm) usb cable to plug it in.

bobbintb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for bumping an old thread but I was looking at the mod and the image tags are messed up. It makes it a bit hard to follow.

DfknG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As above the photos are basically unusable now. A refresh of the photos would be great!
Well done with the mod! (I assume)

Reactions: cubes

Draxikor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Seems cool but i fear about the overheating and i want to install the Wii Dual mod and this one could give less space to that, otherwise good work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday