Tutorial Install NSP (DLC-UPDATE)

Here is the guide to install NSP files:

1. Download Pokemon Quest with OFW from eShop;
  2. Download DevMenù, place the 2 folders of the DevMenu (exefs and romfs) in X:\sxos\titles\01005D100807A000
  3. Start SX OS;
  4. Launch Pokemon Quest;
    2018070401405100-E4B364C957D95017CA1171810D655865.jpg
  5. Click on "Install from SD"
    2018070401405700-E4B364C957D95017CA1171810D655865.jpg
  6. Choose NSP to install and click on "Start"; Installation completed
    2018070401410200-E4B364C957D95017CA1171810D655865.jpg
  7. Restart the SX OS;
Enjoy!

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I got an SX OS 1.3 licensed system on a 32GB microSD Card. I have a Problem with the installation of a nsp file.
I have installed the Dev Menu. When I try to install the nsp file from SD. I get the message after the Install Progress:

[Install Failed]

sd:/NSP/010028C003FD600.nsp

Failed to install the nsp file. (result: 0x00014005)​

How can i fix this issue?

The nsp file is downloaded via CDNSP.

Thx
I’m getting the same error on elder scrolls. I first checked that I had enough room on my sd card. I do. Then, I tried to copy it to my sd card again from my pc. That didn’t work. Now I’m dumping the game again, to see if I had a bad rip. This is giving me time to think. I wonder....does this game want to be installed on to the system memory? I have no space for that right now. I get the same error code.

Just found out, it was a bad dump.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using CDNSP on my computer and have not needed to attach my console ID for anything I have downloaded. Could you please clarify for me? :)
It probably is using someone else's certificate that is either already banned or not. But the concern was that if a certificate was banned, it would no longer be able to use CDN which is not the case so people are free to share banned console certificates for CDN downloading until Nintendo somehow fixes that.

Tasemu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It probably is using someone else's certificate that is either already banned or not. But the concern was that if a certificate was banned, it would no longer be able to use CDN which is not the case so people are free to share banned console certificates for CDN downloading until Nintendo somehow fixes that.

Seems likely this is because banned accounts and switches are still able to download system updates and game updates. I guess it gains access through the same CDN. Hopefully it isn't worth nintendo's time to split them up. :)

Reactions: Draxzelex

BeerDad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I got an SX OS 1.3 licensed system on a 32GB microSD Card. I have a Problem with the installation of a nsp file.
I have installed the Dev Menu. When I try to install the nsp file from SD. I get the message after the Install Progress:

[Install Failed]

sd:/NSP/010028C003FD600.nsp

Failed to install the nsp file. (result: 0x00014005)​

How can i fix this issue?

The nsp file is downloaded via CDNSP.

Thx

Sup dude. Have the same problem here with xenoblade 2 and Mario Rabids. Please share if you fix this problem. Already searched in various forums and no luck. Redownload all the files multiple times and this error persists.

BeerDad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sup dude. Have the same problem here with xenoblade 2 and Mario Rabids. Please share if you fix this problem. Already searched in various forums and no luck. Redownload all the files multiple times and this error persists.

For anyone having this problem, it is a bad dump. Got the files from another source and everything went fine.

Trappie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just get ANY game you want (I used Flashback because it's really small in size) and use hex editor to edit the values in node 290 and 460 and you'll be fine.

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
A quick question. Does the donor title (in this case Pokèmon Quest) gets "overwritten" or, is it just used temporarily when you install the new nsp? So I can use multiple times that donor to install many nsp?

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A quick question. Does the donor title (in this case Pokèmon Quest) gets "overwritten" or, is it just used temporarily when you install the new nsp? So I can use multiple times that donor to install many nsp?
Kind of, it temporarily gets overwritten. While in sx os, you’ll boot to the devmenu. Once there, you can continually install nsp’s. When you normally boot horizon (switches os), you’ll be able to happily play Pokémon quest. You won’t need to reinstall anything. Just boot to sx os, then you can access devmenu from Pokémon quest any time. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I wonder if this will eventually work for homebrew concerted to nsp
Anyone try yet? Lol

Reactions: nWo

weednbeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm i have a problem ... i formatted my microsd by the switch and the result is fat32 ... and i can not install nsp file bigger than 4gig like Mario odyssey ... if i format the microsd in eXfat Will that solve the problem?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm i have a problem ... i formatted my microsd by the switch and the result is fat32 ... and i can not install nsp file bigger than 4gig like Mario odyssey ... if i format the microsd in eXfat Will that solve the problem?
The Switch does not support exFAT out of the box. Unless you inserted an exFAT formatted SD card prior and downloaded the exFAT update, you must be on the latest firmware to download the exFAT update officially. If you are not on the latest firmware, there are ways to get the exFAT update offline under Tutorials.

hoogachakka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would I be banned from the CDN if I updated directly from the main menu instead of an NSP? Like I installed a game via DevMenu, then updated when prompted to update while launching the game. Was this a bad move?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would I be banned from the CDN if I updated directly from the main menu instead of an NSP? Like I installed a game via DevMenu, then updated when prompted to update while launching the game. Was this a bad move?
You will probably get a normal console (dauth) ban. CDN bans occur if you abuse CDN downloading eShop content after you are banned already. Haven't heard of people getting CDN banned before a normal console ban though.

hoogachakka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will probably get a normal console (dauth) ban. CDN bans occur if you abuse CDN downloading eShop content after you are banned already. Haven't heard of people getting CDN banned before a normal console ban though.
OK that's a huge relief for me, I don't really care about console bans personally, I was just worried about the prospect of not being able to perform any sort of system updates. Thanks!

Zytos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When updating a base .nsp game, must I install every single update, or does the latest version of the update contain everything?

calarez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How do I udpate XCI games that have a differente tittleID and from CDNSP only one version of the game is available and the update are for that tittleID and not for the XCI
for example:

OwlBoy:
XCI Titlle ID: 0100E570094E8000
NSP Title ID: 0100BC2004FF4000

NSP Update ID: 0100BC2004FF4800

updating just create another instance of the game and doents update the XCI

Regards,

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My pokemon quest doesn't boot, in cfw AND OFW, it's give me an error at launch (downloaded from the official Eshop and tested in SD and Nand)

can Anybody explain me why ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1