Tutorial Install NSP (DLC-UPDATE)

Here is the guide to install NSP files:

1. Download Pokemon Quest with OFW from eShop;
  2. Download DevMenù, place the 2 folders of the DevMenu (exefs and romfs) in X:\sxos\titles\01005D100807A000
  3. Start SX OS;
  4. Launch Pokemon Quest;
    2018070401405100-E4B364C957D95017CA1171810D655865.jpg
  5. Click on "Install from SD"
    2018070401405700-E4B364C957D95017CA1171810D655865.jpg
  6. Choose NSP to install and click on "Start"; Installation completed
    2018070401410200-E4B364C957D95017CA1171810D655865.jpg
  7. Restart the SX OS;
Enjoy!

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I got an SX OS 1.3 licensed system on a 32GB microSD Card. I have a Problem with the installation of a nsp file.
I have installed the Dev Menu. When I try to install the nsp file from SD. I get the message after the Install Progress:

[Install Failed]

sd:/NSP/010028C003FD600.nsp

Failed to install the nsp file. (result: 0x00014005)​

How can i fix this issue?

The nsp file is downloaded via CDNSP.

Thx

Make sure the nsp file is not greater than 64 characters, otherwise you will receive an error and it won’t install. Another thing to take into consideration is that the nsp file might be corrupted. If that’s the case, download it again. Make sure the nsp is completely done generating after the download completed by making sure the temporary folder that appears in your CDNSP folder disappears before touching the nsp file.

Last edited by morrison22,

josephasdf

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
A newbie question:

If i just install NSP files with its updates, and always play them OFFLINE on custom firmware. Then, reboot and go to OFW using another SD card with Eshop legit games and play them online.

Will i avoid ban this way?

Thx

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A newbie question:

If i just install NSP files with its updates, and always play them OFFLINE on custom firmware. Then, reboot and go to OFW using another SD card with Eshop legit games and play them online.

Will i avoid ban this way?

Thx
To currently install updates, you have to use DevMenu. And DevMenu is Nintendo's copyrighted program that should not exist outside their hands. And the Switch is more than capable of detecting you used DevMenu at any point. So, do the math.

josephasdf

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
And the Switch is more than capable of detecting you used DevMenu at any point. So, do the math.

At any point? even if i take some measures like:

-Using 2 SD cards, one for legit eshop games (OFW) and 1 for NSP, XCI and such. (CFW)
- Never go online in CFW mode.
- Deleting Pokemont Quest, before going online on OFW.

Even on that case I'm risking a permanent ban?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At any point? even if i take some measures like:

-Using 2 SD cards, one for legit eshop games (OFW) and 1 for NSP, XCI and such. (CFW)
- Never go online in CFW mode.
- Deleting Pokemont Quest, before going online on OFW.

Even on that case I'm risking a permanent ban?
Yes, I'm not joking. Multiple people have been banned for remaining offline. Its speculated it could be due to error logs or the system keeping track of hacks being run in Horizon. DevMenu is by far one of the unsafest things to run on your console, more so than a backup you downloaded off the Internet. Are your chances lower if you do everything offline? Of course. Are they 0? Of course not. The second you connect a hacked console to the Internet, there's no telling what type of data is being transmitted to Nintendo. If that is a risk you feel is worth taking, then feel free to do so. I'm just telling you what we know so far as well as any pertinent facts.

Reactions: Deleted User

Kay917

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
That´s Strange. For me work Homebrew + Devmenu via Pokemon Quest

Thanks for reply, would you mind to share the homebrew menu file and your sdcard folder structure?

I wanted to know if that’s because I used the wrong file or the folder names are incorrect.

Thanks in advance.

Stoned

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for reply, would you mind to share the homebrew menu file and your sdcard folder structure?

I wanted to know if that’s because I used the wrong file or the folder names are incorrect.

Thanks in advance.

Why?
Create a folder named switch on root of sd card, und Put Hbl on Root of Sd (Not in Switch folder)

Attachments

• hbmenu.rar
    489.6 KB · Views: 186

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, im new to the NSP scene, and im having some confusion as to if im actualy obtaining the full DLC of a game, and I want to know i'm doing various other things right?

I'm using "CDNSP-GUI (dark)" and I have "Python 3" installed. I'm also an SX PRO user. I obtained Pokémon Quest, and obtained DevMenu, so that when Pokémon Quest is launched, it launches as DevMenu. Now, with CDNSP-GUI I'm able to see the games list, but to the rightside of the GUI, it shows a window for the DLC. I select "Game+DLC" & "Game+Update" and click download. My output folder gives me 3 files... (Minecraft NS Edition for reference)

1: the v0 of the game
2: the latest version of the game (v1048576)
3: the dlc of the game v0

Now, the DLC for this game shows 4 DLC files in CDNSP? does that mean I need to obtain all 4, and install all 4, to obtain all DLC for Minecraft? Im able to run the game, and only certain things are unlocked, not all. So i'm trying to make sure Im doing this correctly, or if the program is not working properly. I appreciate the help, and apologize if im in the wrong forum, I've got the difficult part taken care of with obtaining using Python, but any additional information regarding my issue would be great! Thanks!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, am I to install the base game (v0) first, then install the update (v1048576) on top of v0?

Stoned

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi everyone, im new to the NSP scene, and im having some confusion as to if im actualy obtaining the full DLC of a game, and I want to know i'm doing various other things right?

I'm using "CDNSP-GUI (dark)" and I have "Python 3" installed. I'm also an SX PRO user. I obtained Pokémon Quest, and obtained DevMenu, so that when Pokémon Quest is launched, it launches as DevMenu. Now, with CDNSP-GUI I'm able to see the games list, but to the rightside of the GUI, it shows a window for the DLC. I select "Game+DLC" & "Game+Update" and click download. My output folder gives me 3 files... (Minecraft NS Edition for reference)

1: the v0 of the game
2: the latest version of the game (v1048576)
3: the dlc of the game v0

Now, the DLC for this game shows 4 DLC files in CDNSP? does that mean I need to obtain all 4, and install all 4, to obtain all DLC for Minecraft? Im able to run the game, and only certain things are unlocked, not all. So i'm trying to make sure Im doing this correctly, or if the program is not working properly. I appreciate the help, and apologize if im in the wrong forum, I've got the difficult part taken care of with obtaining using Python, but any additional information regarding my issue would be great! Thanks!

Also, am I to install the base game (v0) first, then install the update (v1048576) on top of v0?

Yes you need all 4 dlc files.

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, I installed all 4, still not all skin packs are unlocked. Not sure if im doing something wrong?

DevMenu does show all that I've added to Minecraft

Application Version 0
Patch Version 16
AddOnContent (10) Version 0
AddOnContent (33) Version 0
AddOnContent (51) Version 0
AddOnContent (54) Version 0

Does this all look correct?

Stoned

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok, I installed all 4, still not all skin packs are unlocked. Not sure if im doing something wrong?

DevMenu does show all that I've added to Minecraft

Application Version 0
Patch Version 16
AddOnContent (10) Version 0
AddOnContent (33) Version 0
AddOnContent (51) Version 0
AddOnContent (54) Version 0

Does this all look correct?

Ok Maybe there not all dlc for Minecraft as Title+Ticked Key Aviable. Who Knows

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to make sure Im doing this right, if it's stuff that's not available yet then im ok with that, but idk if im doing it right, if what ive posted looks right?

zetlyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
i been using nsp files on a lot of the backup games but this two games stop working properly when i install the dlc nsp files idk what to do i tried from different sources to see if that is the issue but it doesnt do anything, does anybody know how to solve this issue or if doesnt have solution? (the games when i install dlc loads the game but the program stop working and freezes in the main menu)

Stoned

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i been using nsp files on a lot of the backup games but this two games stop working properly when i install the dlc nsp files idk what to do i tried from different sources to see if that is the issue but it doesnt do anything, does anybody know how to solve this issue or if doesnt have solution? (the games when i install dlc loads the game but the program stop working and freezes in the main menu)

Firmware Version?
Actually Update from the Game installed?

Kay917

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hello all, I am new to
Why?
Create a folder named switch on root of sd card, und Put Hbl on Root of Sd (Not in Switch folder)

Still no luck with the devmenu, everytime when I used devmenu and done with the NSP installation, the hbmenu will freeze my switch when I hold R to enter.

I will need to delete the sxos folder and also copy and overwrite the hbmenu.nro file on the sdcard root to make it work again.

Guess I will need to wait for SX Pro to support direct NSP installation in the future update.

Thanks for your help Stoned, appreciate it.

zetlyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Firmware Version?
Actually Update from the Game installed?
for fe warriors is 1.5.0
xenoblade is 1.5.0
i figure out that it runs with the update patches the issues is when im installing dlc the game just crashes idk if has something to do with the nsp file or the game itselft

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I got an SX OS 1.3 licensed system on a 32GB microSD Card. I have a Problem with the installation of a nsp file.
I have installed the Dev Menu. When I try to install the nsp file from SD. I get the message after the Install Progress:

[Install Failed]

sd:/NSP/010028C003FD600.nsp

Failed to install the nsp file. (result: 0x00014005)​

How can i fix this issue?

The nsp file is downloaded via CDNSP.

Thx
I’m getting the same error on elder scrolls. I first checked that I had enough room on my sd card. I do. Then, I tried to copy it to my sd card again from my pc. That didn’t work. Now I’m dumping the game again, to see if I had a bad rip. This is giving me time to think. I wonder....does this game want to be installed on to the system memory? I have no space for that right now. I get the same error code.

Tasemu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
CDN downloader involves using your computer to download content from Nintendo. However it carries a high ban risk because you need to use your console's unique certificate meaning Nintendo can track what you are downloading.

I have been using CDNSP on my computer and have not needed to attach my console ID for anything I have downloaded. Could you please clarify for me? :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?