Status
Not open for further replies.

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I haven't bothered updating my emunand, because I haven't really understood what the benefits are... So I have to ask, what are the benefits?

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't bothered updating my emunand, because I haven't really understood what the benefits are... So I have to ask, what are the benefits?

What games definitely don't work on firmwares below 9.5? It would be great to have a list of games people have tried that didn't work on N3DS emunand <9.5.

I read somewhere in here about some dragons & puzzles game I never heard of that is supposed to require higher but works anyway on Gateway emunand <9.5.

Can you play Happy Home Academy on GW 9.0-9.2 emunand?

btw, I went ahead and upgraded my 9.0U n3ds. Worked without any problems. Thank you for collecting all this info and cia files in one place.

Last edited by romanaOne,
D

Deleted-236924

Are you Using rxTools Dev Mode?
Please don't tell people to use rxTools dev mode, that boots into sysnand.
It is useless for trying to update emunand, and even possibly harmful if they just end up installing sysupdater to sysnand and then running it and updating their sysnand to 9.5

AsmodeusMac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious if anyone has any suggestions. I am not able to do the update. SysUpdater (0.4.1) says that the files are not in "/updates" on the root of my SD. The problem is they are. I tried 9.5-22 and 9.5-23. Am I missing something?

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i downloaded one update 9.5 and has 105 cias not 104 the one from the tutorial says 9.5.0-22 and the one i have is 9.5.0-23. also any way for emunand to not reboot when i exit system settings to check if i am on emunand ? i am preparing for memchunkhax2 :P and just got the n3ds xl

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i downloaded one update 9.5 and has 105 cias not 104 the one from the tutorial says 9.5.0-22 and the one i have is 9.5.0-23. also any way for emunand to not reboot when i exit system settings to check if i am on emunand ? i am preparing for memchunkhax2 :P and just got the n3ds xl
No it will happen no matter what even if you use a Gateway 3DS

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I need to update EmuNAND for the upcoming Mario & Luigi Paper Jam US version, read on another thread that it requires a higher FW? I am afraid to update because I am not sure if SysNAND and EmuNAND are linked (Both are same FW 9.0.0-20U I think). How do I know if they are linked or not? Thoughts/help appreciated on this :)

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i am following this guide and it says that it starts rxtools emunando ( rxmode) and then i would follow your guide but the sysupdater github says to not run it whit any firmware spoofing like rxmode.. i am confused.

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i am following this guide and it says that it starts rxtools emunando ( rxmode) and then i would follow your guide but the sysupdater github says to not run it whit any firmware spoofing like rxmode.. i am confused.
Its works fine you just can't do it while using a Gateway card
This guide is an old clumped up mess I will fix it later seeing as there will be a huge wave of people trying to update their Emunand.

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,
Reactions: cvskid and Fabbbrrr

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great ! another question (last i hope xD ) in the part 7 of the guide you say "fixes home management" , what does this mean ? thank you again :D

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great ! another question (last i hope xD ) in the part 7 of the guide you say "fixes home management" , what does this mean ? thank you again :D
When you enter Emunand for the first time after updating you will get a progress bar that says fixing home management its probably just setting up amiibo features.

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The tutorial has been updated and cleaned up for all you lovely people and new members to enjoy :)

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the 9.5 files with sysupdater in emunand and after the 10 second reboot i'm in a continuous coldboot loop (when the coldboot launches it doesn't boot into emunand but restarts the system)

EDIT: it seems I went about downloading the wrong files! So how would I then go about restoring my emunand.bin before the goof?

Last edited by mungry,

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the 9.5 files with sysupdater in emunand and after the 10 second reboot i'm in a continuous coldboot loop (when the coldboot launches it doesn't boot into emunand but restarts the system)

EDIT: it seems I went about downloading the wrong files! So how would I then go about restoring my emunand.bin before the goof?
Step 1 friend put your MSD back into your PC and run Emunand tool and inject the emuNAND.bin backup you made.

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,
Reactions: mungry

MidLevelCrisis

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am on New3DSXL 9.0 E and have Reinand unlinked, ds profile exploit installed. I can play the latest games like monster hunter cross and maro & luigi Paper Jam(cryptofixed CIAs), Emulators work. Online play works.

Question: what is the use of updating emunand to 9.5? And is there an advantage to using another CFW, and are they compatible with the same emunand?

Does E-shop access matter anymore when you can just install any update or dlc via CIA?

If updating is good why are others downgrading? Sorry if I sound stupid but 3Ds softmodding has become confusing for me.

Much obliged.

Last edited by MidLevelCrisis,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer