Homebrew [Tutorial] How to Install OoT3DHax

Ozonex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does the DSave Manager work only on the bottom screen? My topscreen died but the DSLite can be still booted

Nikcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Trying to do method 3 with DSaveManager + R4 Flashcard + DSLite to be used on a USA 10.6.0.31 N3DS. I have no other entry point so this is my only option currently.

I did the following:

Took the corner off my OOT cart
Wiped the OOT cart save
Got the raw savefile, N3DS_U_24578_usa_9221.sav (not powersave one) and put it on my R4 along ith DSaveManager
Put this in my DSLite
Booted DSaveManager
Selected the above save
Switched in my OOT cart when propmted
Pressed A

And then I get the error

-Press A/B to return to menu !--
save and file size mismatch!

Size: 131072
Chip ID: 00C22211

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?
I want to try the same thing with 10.6.0, but does it still work? I have an R4 and a ds phat. And a o3ds that I accidentally updated to 10.6.0-31E

Findec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey,
First of all thanks, I can now access homebrew now via OOT!
But I have a question, currently im on 10.5 and got this method working via menuhax.
Now I want to update to 10.6 to be able to access the eshop again to update my games etc.
Can I still open homebrew with the savegame I just created if I update? or do i need to edit something first?
Thanks in advance.

Edit: after a bit more searching i found this that helped me out on this problem: https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-with-oot3dhax-10-6.416277/

Last edited by Findec,

slickochet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to try the same thing with 10.6.0, but does it still work? I have an R4 and a ds phat. And a o3ds that I accidentally updated to 10.6.0-31E

I did eventually get it to work, but had to buy a datel powersaves instead to get the payload save onto the oot3d cart. Just use the newest version of the payload save for powersaves (making sure it is for the right type of 3DS)

Devastus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be a noob question but is there anyway nintendo could block Oothax in the 'nintendo selects' version of the game?

Gatrie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine seems to be freezing just before using the ropbin, all else seems to be loading just fine? Does anybody know what might be causing this? It gets stuck saying "The homemenu ropbin is ready". I'm using powersaves, but the savefile works fine to start loading the hax. I also have problems with Browserhax freezing, could I just have a faulty N3DS or something? Running N3DS 9.5.0.22U.

Edit: I ended up just doing a system update to 10.6 and OoT3dHax worked perfectly fine!

Last edited by Gatrie,

KakashiBras

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Trying to do method 3 with DSaveManager + R4 Flashcard + DSLite to be used on a USA 10.6.0.31 N3DS. I have no other entry point so this is my only option currently.

I did the following:

Wiped the OOT cart save
Got the raw savefile, N3DS_U_24578_usa_9221.sav (not powersave one) and put it on my R4 along ith DSaveManager
Put this in my DSLite
Booted DSaveManager
Selected the above save
Pressed A

And then I get the error

I have the same problem... but in my case I get the error

Size: 1
Chip ID: 0000000

WHAT CAN WE DO?

HELP US!

azerti1304

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi. Anybody can give me the file of oothax for New 3ds 10.6 EU please? I don't found on internet. It's for inject with the powersave.
Thanks in advance.

KakashiBras

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I did the following:

Wiped the OOT cart save
Put this in my DSLite
Booted DSaveManager
Selected the above save
Pressed A

And then I get the error

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I would mention... the new Nintendo Selects version of OOT does work with OOTHAX (if there was anyone wondering). Grab it for $20 while you still can!

tiagomzlima

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've been looking for a solution and I couldn't find any confirmation for my specific situation.
I have an old 3ds 10.6.0-31U, no homebrew, no exploit, anything. All I have is a digital (eshop) copy of Ocarina of Time 3d.
Is it possible for me to get access to homebrew using just that, or what else should I have?
If possible, how do I write the hax save game in my oot3d (digital)? Can I do it through the sd card?
pls help!
Thanks.

Last edited by tiagomzlima,

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 2manyGames2play

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat