Homebrew [Tutorial] How to Install OoT3DHax

Expliciate

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would like to clarify something.

Let's say I want to install oot3dhax for my o3ds 10.6 (stock) to enter homebrew.
Can I simply install it via my n3ds and use the cartridge on my o3ds without any payload conflicts? (Refer to signature for systems)

Thanks

Wojton

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You can install O3DS payload on N3DS, but in that case, the exploit will only work on O3DS, since N3DS uses a different payload.

bananarama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can someone link to something more in detail about step 5 of the DS flashing method?

5. This is the tricky part. You will either need to saw off the nub of the corner of your zelda cart or open it, take out the board, and place it in a ds card shell.
I have no idea how to do it and can't find info anywhere :x

Thansk!

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone link to something more in detail about step 5 of the DS flashing method?

5. This is the tricky part. You will either need to saw off the nub of the corner of your zelda cart or open it, take out the board, and place it in a ds card shell.
I have no idea how to do it and can't find info anywhere :x

Thansk!
I'd just get Powersaves. It's easier and more noob friendly. But I'll explain it more in detail.
"You will either need to saw off the nub of the corner of your zelda cart" -- Ok when you have a 3ds cartridge, do you see the random little rectangular shaped thing protruding from the cartridge at the top? Compare it to a DS cartridge if you need and you'll see what I mean. Yeah you're gonna have to cut that off. When you do, it'll look more like a square DS cartridge.

"Open it, take out the board, and place it in a ds card shell" -- Word of advise, if you don't know wtf this means, don't do it. Basically, it wants you to gently break the cartridge open from one of the sides, take out the board inside the cartridge and place the board into a DS card shell. Like I said, if that's gibberish to you, DON'T DO IT!

Reactions: bananarama

bananarama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks so much, after having played countless DS and 3DS games on cartridge I have to admit I've never noticed the little protruding thing on the 3DS cartridge, I'm Sherlock's true heir.

I ended up buying OOT since it was just 10€, and will try switching the board if I can find an old DS cart. Thanks again!

edit: did it!

Last edited by bananarama,

Mike19

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, so i've been trying to use Method 3 through my DS Lite+ Supercard DSTWO + Retail OOT3D copy however each and every time I get to the flashing of the save to the cart, DSavemanager just says "save and file size mismatch". I've tried both versions of the save that I require yet neither seem to work. I have used both FAT16 and FAT32 micro SD cards yet nether seem to fix the problem. Any suggestions or past experiences with such a problem? Thanks in advance :P

bananarama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, so i've been trying to use Method 3 through my DS Lite+ Supercard DSTWO + Retail OOT3D copy however each and every time I get to the flashing of the save to the cart, DSavemanager just says "save and file size mismatch". I've tried both versions of the save that I require yet neither seem to work. I have used both FAT16 and FAT32 micro SD cards yet nether seem to fix the problem. Any suggestions or past experiences with such a problem? Thanks in advance :P
Have you tried with this release? Everyone seems to be linking to the January one but the March one did the job for me.

PS: I don't think it matters, but maybe the file needs the original name? eg: don't rename is ***_A.sav and ***_B.sav to distinguish them.
PS2: use the 0.2 version, just to be sure, it's not available from the author but it's around on the web.

Last edited by bananarama,

Mike19

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried with this release? Everyone seems to be linking to the January one but the March one did the job for me.

PS: I don't think it matters, but maybe the file needs the original name? eg: don't rename is ***_A.sav and ***_B.sav to distinguish them.
PS2: use the 0.2 version, just to be sure, it's not available from the author but it's around on the web.

Thanks for the reply but it seems as though none of what you suggested was the problem :/. I used the March release and was already using the 0.2 release yet to no avail. So sad hahahahaha

bananarama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the reply but it seems as though none of what you suggested was the problem :/. I used the March release and was already using the 0.2 release yet to no avail. So sad hahahahaha
Are you 100% positive the OOT board fits nicely in the DS cartridge? The golden pins need to be aligned for it to work. Does the OOT board in the DS cart boot on 3DS?

Mike19

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you 100% positive the OOT board fits nicely in the DS cartridge? The golden pins need to be aligned for it to work. Does the OOT board in the DS cart boot on 3DS?
Well it just started working all of a sudden hahaha. What made it so weird was that yes it was detected and worked in the 3DS and DSLite yet it just refused to work. Oh well, its all good now!

VampireZio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant get the oot to work on 10.7 it goes to the black screen after pressing A in the game. Says Homemenu robpin ready then goes back to the 3ds main menu. Yes I have the correct file installed onto my oot3d game cart as it says Haxxxx for the file name and yes I put everything into the root of my sd card. I've seen others with the same issue, so there is got to be something outdated about the payload files or this method has been blocked by nintendo.

Last edited by VampireZio,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
After successful installation of OoTHax to the cart, you can open the Gateway Launcher and backup the save as a .SAV file. :)

I do this for two reasons: Gateway Launcher is a clean and fast way to move saves from retail carts.

And two, it makes switching between the 10.7U and 9.2U payloads much more convenient; No need for internet to install it.

Last edited by Jayro,

VampireZio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I do this, can I remove the cartridge when using the homebrew launcher?

Once I downgraded to 9.2 I removed the cartridge and currently using Browser hax as menuhax atleast for me seems to not run. I will probably try menuhax again once ive finished the entire process.

bunnster

Trophies
XP
Country
I own a flashcart with my o3ds on 11.0.0 and wondered if I could use method 3 with this?
it might be a noobish question but just wondering.
Thanks in advance!

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does oot3dhax require having a payload/otherapp.bin file to be in place on the SD card of the 3ds that will be using the oot3d cartridge?

JMSMORIARTY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im installing OOThax with a cartridge and have the save installed, but when i play the ocarina the xploit loads and trow me to the 3DS menu, what is going on ? Im on a 10.7 Old3DS

denwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tried to do method 3 with POST5_U_25600 for my o3ds 10.6.0-31U.
I can seem to backup and restore saves fine on both my phat DS and DSlite.

However, when restoring the oot3dhax save file and putting the game back into my 3DS, all I get are 3 blank new file saves, and no sign of the hacked save.
Anyone else having this issue?

Nevermind, was a bad connection due to some dust. All good now.

Last edited by denwa,

nicoyarce

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Can I use the method 3 using an o3ds and a ds flashcard? To avoid
5. This is the tricky part. You will either need to saw off the nub of the corner of your zelda cart or open it, take out the board, and place it in a ds card shell.​

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up