Homebrew [Tutorial] How to Install OoT3DHax

Pikm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this the same thing like ironhax or does this have more advantages?
Samething as ironhax, but unpatchable.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does this method work on any firmware including the most recent?
Yes, as long as you have hax. The homebrew starter kit comes with the exploit installer for Oot3dhax.

I hope somebody can help. I'm at my wit's end. I keep trying to use browserhax and I either get the ask to update or "browser cannot be used at this time" notification whenever I try to go to the address. i have an eshop copy of OOt, so I'm hoping I can use this to get CFW. What the heck can I do?
New 3DS XL
FW 10.1.27U
You can't get CFW on 10.1. It's only for 9.2 or below. And I think you can use the Tubehax DNS to block update nags.

shafty710

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I hope somebody can help. I'm at my wit's end. I keep trying to use browserhax and I either get the ask to update or "browser cannot be used at this time" notification whenever I try to go to the address. i have an eshop copy of OOt, so I'm hoping I can use this to get CFW. What the heck can I do?
New 3DS XL
FW 10.1.27U

Goodnews my friend, your N3DS is still hack-able. I just hacked my brothers N3DSXL with FW 10.1.27 last night with browserhax.
I read many, many threads with different ways to do it, but the following post helped me finally enter browserhax, even with the nag:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/browserhax-is-still-working.400991/page-21 <------ Enter that link and find post #417.

Just because it doesn't work the first time doesn't mean your doing anything wrong. It took me about 3 tries and it worked.
Good luck. *in Star Fox 64 robot voice*

Pikm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait.. .what? Rumblehax? Is this a new Entrypoint?
No, its a troll. Please google before you ask.

Goodnews my friend, your N3DS is still hack-able. I just hacked my brothers N3DSXL with FW 10.1.27 last night with browserhax.
I read many, many threads with different ways to do it, but the following post helped me finally enter browserhax, even with the nag:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/browserhax-is-still-working.400991/page-21 <------ Enter that link and find post #417.

Just because it doesn't work the first time doesn't mean your doing anything wrong. It took me about 3 tries and it worked.
Good luck. *in Star Fox 64 robot voice*
We know. It's exploitable on 10.5, too.

shafty710

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Question:
Can I run oot3dhax if I don't have a Powersave? Will it work if I have another hacked DS?
I'm trying to run a *hax on my O3DS 9.9 and it looks like oot3dhax is my only viable option right now.
What I do have, is a N3DS hacked with 10.1, and a copy of OoT3D.

Dankz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, I was wondering... I have my O3DS 10.4 that I can't downgrade, but I also have another board from a different O3DS (the rest of the console is not working). On this other board I have 9.x (I can't remeber exact version) but FW is damaged and won't load system settings so I can check version and remove parental controls (don't remember pin either), can I use oothax with latest payload to then use sysupdater and repair FW? My main question would be: Is oot3dhax version specific or do I have to actually know exact version for damaged board?

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Sad face

O3DS 10.1 EUR with browser nag..

I launch OOTHAX, the save appears as per guides, I find Link in the room, I press anything and it freezes and kicks me to Home and "an error has occurred"

I used OOTHAX-offline and the payload for my Sys-Version. It appears the OOTHAX went to the cart correctly, could it be something went wrong?

Any ideas? I am reading conflicting things about using OOTHAX for 10.1.(0-27)

Thank you!

JayArRosario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Will the exploit work for 3DS/N3DS in any firmware without homebrew access? I can't access Homebrew on my N3DS 9.2 because of the Internet Error Occurred Problem. I'm planning to use OOT3D Hax to setup Menuhax on my N3DS and CFW my unit. Thank You. I already tried the Homebrew Method but when I run the exploit on other console it just won't work. Thanks again :)

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Will the exploit work for 3DS/N3DS in any firmware without homebrew access? I can't access Homebrew on my N3DS 9.2 because of the Internet Error Occurred Problem. I'm planning to use OOT3D Hax to setup Menuhax on my N3DS and CFW my unit. Thank You. I already tried the Homebrew Method but when I run the exploit on other console it just won't work. Thanks again :)

I also had the Internet Error problem, OOTHAX doesnt need internet access.. But if you want an easier time do what I did an update to 10.3 using SysUpdater.. That way you wont have the browser nag bug which you cant get rid of on O3DS. On N3DS you can.

JayArRosario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I also had the Internet Error problem, OOTHAX doesnt need internet access.. But if you want an easier time do what I did an update to 10.3 using SysUpdater.. That way you wont have the browser nag bug which you cant get rid of on O3DS. On N3DS you can.
It's so sad to say that I can't even access any Homebrew on my N3DS 9.2 because of that browser problem. I can't setup any hax method to even run SysUpdater. I even bought OOT3D to try to fix this problem but I failed. I installed OOT3D Hax on my O3DS 9.2 with the hax for N3DS. But its not working on my N3DS since the payload was not installed on the N3DS itself. So I'm assuming that if I did the DS Method, the hax would work since I injected the raw save images to the OOT3D Cart directly via a DS and a Flashcart. I assume that will make me fix my browser problem.

Giever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to set up the OoT hack on my New 3DS (which has menuhack) to use with my original 3DS (which is stuck on 10.3 and can't use the browser hack). When it asks for my firmware, should I give the firmware of the system I'm using to install the hack (the New 3DS?) or the firmware of the system I intend to use the hack on (my original 3DS)?

JayArRosario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to set up the OoT hack on my New 3DS (which has menuhack) to use with my original 3DS (which is stuck on 10.3 and can't use the browser hack). When it asks for my firmware, should I give the firmware of the system I'm using to install the hack (the New 3DS?) or the firmware of the system I intend to use the hack on (my original 3DS)?
You have the same problem as mine. The only difference is that the one that can't use Browserhax is my N3DS. I tried everything using my Old3DS and OOT3D. I setup my OOT3D Hax save and tried to use it on my N3DS but it just doesn't work. Maybe because I think, Method 1 only works for the console you set it up for. So you need to do either Method 2 or Method 3 to access the OOT3DHax without needing to install it from your intended console as you injected raw save images from Powersaves or a DS with Flashcart.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Your o3ds, the one that at last will be using the exploit

Reactions: LuigiXL

JayArRosario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Your o3ds, the one that at last will be using the exploit
For example, I have N3DS with no entry point (Browser Problem), I setup OOT3DHax in my O3DS which is Intended for my N3DS (New3DS 9-2-0-20 USA Setting). Will it work on my N3DS? Do I need to set this up from the N3DS itself in order to make it work? Is the only thing I can do to make it work on my N3DS is by injecting raw save images? 'Cause you know, I already tried this before (another hax method), but on my N3DS, its just stucked at the yellow screen then nothing follows. Please, I do really need an advice. Thank You.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
For example, I have N3DS with no entry point (Browser Problem), I setup OOT3DHax in my O3DS which is Intended for my N3DS (New3DS 9-2-0-20 USA Setting). Will it work on my N3DS? Do I need to set this up from the N3DS itself in order to make it work? Is the only thing I can do to make it work on my N3DS is by injecting raw save images? 'Cause you know, I already tried this before (another hax method), but on my N3DS, its just stucked at the yellow screen then nothing follows. Please, I do really need an advice. Thank You.
When you install oothax, you have to select the version of the system where the exploit will be used, the n3ds 9.2 in this case.

Are you using the last homebrew launcher starter pack from smea and the last version of oothax installer?
Try a couple of times.

If it still doesn't work, try with svdt
The steps I have done:
-Had a dummy save on the cartridge
-Go to smea github and download the otherap version of my 3ds, rename it as payload.bin
-Download the oothax offline like @Scorpz101 said https://gbatemp.net/attachments/oot3dhax_installer_offline-zip.28171/
-Depending on your 3ds region, rename the save0x.bin.eur, save0x.bin.jpn or save0x.bin.usa to save00.bin
-Using svdt, select the game and replace payload.bin and save00.bin with the ones we got before. Leave system.dat as it is.

And you're done! Just start the game, load the save and press "a" and you sould be using *hax2.5 version right now.

Last edited by Arubaro,

JayArRosario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When you install oothax, you have to select the version of the system where the exploit will be used, the n3ds 9.2 in this case.

Are you using the last homebrew launcher starter pack from smea and the last version of oothax installer?
Try a couple of times.

If it still doesn't work, try with svdt

Thanks for your response. I'll try now what you just said. But I'm 100% sure that I have the latest starter kit. I'll try to download the starter kit again and run the hax. Thank You.

gangs_08

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
got a problem. want to enter the hbl on the 3ds with 10.1 sysnand. Got another 3ds with rxtools and hbl access on 9.2.0 sys and 10.5.0 emunand. and got a copy of OOT. Just installed that oothax on the 9.2.0 but when i want to enter the hbl on the 10.1 through oothax the game crashes and i return to the home menu. somebody help?

ok got it. problem was i deleted the save files manually. need to hold x y a b together to delete them! now it works

Last edited by gangs_08,

raphamotta

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a OLD 3DS and firmware 10.5.0-30U. I'm using browserHax to do it.

I did all steps on tutorial. On oot3dhax installer I selected slot 1, OLD 3DS 10-5-0 USA firmware and an error appeared:

looks like something went wrong :( current status : Failed to download payload Error code: FFFFFFFE

What do I do?

EDIT: never mind I figured out

Last edited by raphamotta,

slickochet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Trying to do method 3 with DSaveManager + R4 Flashcard + DSLite to be used on a USA 10.6.0.31 N3DS. I have no other entry point so this is my only option currently.

I did the following:

Took the corner off my OOT cart
Wiped the OOT cart save
Got the raw savefile, N3DS_U_24578_usa_9221.sav (not powersave one) and put it on my R4 along ith DSaveManager
Put this in my DSLite
Booted DSaveManager
Selected the above save
Switched in my OOT cart when propmted
Pressed A

And then I get the error

-Press A/B to return to menu !--
save and file size mismatch!

Size: 131072
Chip ID: 00C22211

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

Reactions: KakashiBras

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Creamy milk