• Perfect?

Votes: 160 17.5%

• Total voters

Toggafasipo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I opened the tool and entered "D" to unpack the my pokemon .3ds I put into the packhack folder, but all I'm getting are the 5 .bin files. Some of them are meant to be .bins, but the files I am interested in (exe and romfs) are in .bin form, and they aren't dumped into folders like it apparently should. Am I doing something wrong?

Thunder Kai

#TeamRem
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Mauste
If you use BrainDump, you can't rebuild your game in .3ds / .cia. (just useful for have romfs.bin and exefs.bin).
BrainDump dump a bad ExHeader file.
If you can run .cia, just download a .3ds of your game (or your own dump from gateway's menu) and decrypt it using D9.

@Thunder Kai
What is not working?
Your screenshot show nothing.
Sorry wrong pic xD but the hackingtoolkit program won't work for me, after i press "Y/N" after typing the name of the CXI file, nothing happens, no extracted files to be found

xppancho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Can someone help me? I'm trying to randomize Pokemon X, Y, and ZA.

Testing with HANS works perfectly, but my idea is create a .3ds to play with GW flashcard.

The 3DS Rebuild complete the entire process (rebuild romfs, decrypted exefs and exheader) but when i copy the rom to the microsd, select it and nothing happens

EDIT:
Ops! y decrypt using Braindump, need D9.

Thanks anyway

Last edited by xppancho,

Taipan20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
does anyone have a template file for hyrule warriors JAPAN version or can make one for me so i can play this on SKY 3DS please

Rev2k7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to use this to decryptFFEX us , I decrypted many games just fine and Japanese verision of FFEX. But I get erros with FF explorers I can not extract the romFS.

Pea2nuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's impossible to make a 3ds file with braindump? I have 10.1.0-27 and I really want to put the game on my sky3ds+. There is no space on my system SD card. There's also the fact that it doesn't even work when I run the game.

Francesca

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
@Asia81

Is the first method of dumping the game (braindump) really only applicable to 10.3 sysnand? I'm on 9.2 and did everything by starting with the braindump instead. Is this the reason why I haven't been successful?

Does one choose yes or no when decompressing code.bin? I wasn't asked about this at all last time I tried fsr. I take it code.bin is not needed for cia / cfw though?

Finally, after editing the ROM, what do I do with the romfs.bin file? In this picture (rebuilding for CFW) - http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/25/1434917548-3dsbuilder.png - the Decrypted... .bin files are selected in all 3 cases, but haven't we been doing our editing inside the romfs/exe folders? Or should romfs.bin be selected after ticking the first box instead? I'd appreciate if somebody could clear this up.

Francesca

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Another question: how does one go about finding seeddb.bin? I've clicked on application files but none have been produced as a result. Are said files game-specific?

Pea2nuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody please tell me how to play these modded games? sky3ds+ doesn't recognize them........ I found something called pasta cfw that says I can play modded games but it gives me a black screen when I run it.

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
For some reason my rebuilded .3ds converted to .cia doesn't show on the menu, help me please :(

Also, my rom seems to be smaller now, I did the conversion twice, the first time my rom did appeared on the menu but wasn't working

(I'm using the 2nd method to decrypt my rom)

Last edited by AutumnWolf,

Pea2nuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody please tell me how to play the modded .3ds files... I spent an inordinate amount of time getting rxTools cfw to work and I still cannot play them.. Please I'm begging here on my hands and knees.. I just want to play my favorite game in russian..

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can somebody please tell me how to play the modded .3ds files... I spent an inordinate amount of time getting rxTools cfw to work and I still cannot play them.. Please I'm begging here on my hands and knees.. I just want to play my favorite game in russian..
Convert them to cias or use HANS. I recommend the latter myself.

Pea2nuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky3ds+ can't run romhacks directly, you must use HANS
Then what's the point of making a 3ds file? what's even the point of sky3ds?? I've got a 64gb memory card for sky3ds and a 2gb system one with 300mb left.. I have 1.5GB of modded games

Last edited by Pea2nuts,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGhhGhvxbvI