• Yes it did :)

• No it didn't :(

• I have rxTools and it doesn't work :(

Results are only viewable after voting.

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
So now I am back to 9.5 rxtools emunand and do not have a NNID already linked error, but now a new error lol. Trying to go through the NNID setup process and when it tries to connect to the internet I get error 003-4199, communication error.

The 3DS is online, and my internet connection is working fine. Any ideas?

edit: A reboot worked, I'm finally linked to NNID in emunand. Thanks all.

Last edited by Audioboxer,

Sumit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I followed the tutorial here (https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/3zwyl2/four_awesome_tutorials_to_get_you_through_all_of/) and managed to downgrade my firmware, setup emunand, and that good stuff. Weirdly enough when I follow the steps for setting up NNID I run into "Error Code:022-2511 In order to use online services, a system update is required. Go to System Settings to perform a System Update".

This occurs after I've installed Nver on my system using FBI.cia (Nver installed to NAND), and then I fire up HANS with firmware spoofing enabled for the NNID Settings App. The NNID App launches takes me through the whole process and then throws the error above asking me to update.

Help??

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I followed the tutorial here (https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/3zwyl2/four_awesome_tutorials_to_get_you_through_all_of/) and managed to downgrade my firmware, setup emunand, and that good stuff. Weirdly enough when I follow the steps for setting up NNID I run into "Error Code:022-2511 In order to use online services, a system update is required. Go to System Settings to perform a System Update".

This occurs after I've installed Nver on my system using FBI.cia (Nver installed to NAND), and then I fire up HANS with firmware spoofing enabled for the NNID Settings App. The NNID App launches takes me through the whole process and then throws the error above asking me to update.

Help??
Use FMP and go to the NNID settings normally. Avoid using HANS to load titles and services other than the eShop when you can, because a LOT of the apps and services on the system are interlinked and called simultaneously and HANS prevents this from happening.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Can't install NVER in BBM and in FBI i get:

install failed
000400DB20016102.cia
source: SOURCE_FSFILE_WRITE (0x1c)
module: MODULE_NN_AM (0x20)
level: LEVEL_USAGE (0x1c)
summary: SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0x7)
description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_COMBINATION (0x3ee

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't install NVER in BBM and in FBI i get:

install failed
000400DB20016102.cia
source: SOURCE_FSFILE_WRITE (0x1c)
module: MODULE_NN_AM (0x20)
level: LEVEL_USAGE (0x1c)
summary: SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0x7)
description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_COMBINATION (0x3ee

With FBI you HAVE to delete the old one first.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid me, was using BBM instead of DEVMenu (gui looks the same :D ) now install worked :)
Anyway got a 022-2634 error when trying to enter the eShop :/ after running freemultipatcher

Look back a few pages, there is a tutorial that appears to work for clearing that error.

Sumit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use FMP and go to the NNID settings normally. Avoid using HANS to load titles and services other than the eShop when you can, because a LOT of the apps and services on the system are interlinked and called simultaneously and HANS prevents this from happening.

Sorry for being such a noob, but what's FMP in this context

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is not true, I just installed as normal.

Also that error he had is a lack of permissions AKA FBI did not have kernel privileges.

Did you change your destination to NAND before installing?

It is a known limitation of FBI that it cannot install a title if the title already exists.

edit:

also it is actually impossibe for FBI to lack "kernel permissions" as you put it when launched as a cia from inside emunand. The lack of permissions error was because the title already exists. I.e. "I don't have permission to overwrite this", which FBI does not have permission to overwrite existing titles.

Last edited by Aroth,

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you change your destination to NAND before installing?

It is a known limitation of FBI that it cannot install a title if the title already exists.

Yep installed to NAND and nope it can overwrite, Even gives you a warning if you want to overwrite or not.
I don't remember if it asked me to overwrite when I installed the Nver but it definitely asks for game cias.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep installed to NAND and nope it can overwrite, Even gives you a warning if you want to overwrite or not.
I don't remember if it asked me to overwrite when I installed the Nver but it definitely asks for game cias.

I have never known FBI to ask about overwriting. It has always just errorred out for me.

Zirex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Alright, I had the 022-2634 error when trying to log in with NNID, so I followed some tutorials that adviced backing up emuNAND, formatting emuNAND from the system settings, setting up everything including NNID and then injecting NAND from the .bin.

As I formatted emuNAND, I set up everything up and then it asks that I press the HOME button for going back home. After doing this, it shows the Home menu is preparing, and then the screen turns black. After waiting I just reboot in emuNAND (I'm using Rxtools with N3DSXL) but the screen keeps black. I don't really know what is happening. At this point I just injected NAND from my backup and tried it again, with the same results.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back