• Yes it did :)

• No it didn't :(

• I have rxTools and it doesn't work :(

Results are only viewable after voting.

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
I would try again just to verify how the folders get added, but I don't wanna have to redo any NNID linking (PS: Fuck you Nintendo for making it so troublesome, it's an even bigger issue when NOT dealing with modifications), sorry.

You shouldn't have to re-do the entire process, not at all. I managed to do all this and have my very original things, records etc from 2011, also on a N3DSXL, by the way. I would advice you to try having the SD card as clean as possible, move everything that you do not need for the moment to your PC, only keep your hax entry point and rxTools etc.

I will try this. What I can say is when it says opening home menu the progress bar goes about 1/5th of the way then the image disappears. Might just be because this is a fast process normally, or maybe that is where my error is beginning. It's not creating the home menu successfully.

Last edited by Audioboxer,

Substance12

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ok, I think I screwed up. Since the HANS method wasn't letting me download anything, I installed the tiger CIA and now the eShop will just stay at the Nintendo 3DS screen. How can I fix it? I have a NAND backup from before doing it, will restoring it be enough?

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I think I screwed up. Since the HANS method wasn't letting me download anything, I installed the tiger CIA and now the eShop will just stay at the Nintendo 3DS screen. How can I fix it? I have a NAND backup from before doing it, will restoring it be enough?
Yes, restoring will work. You can even open FBI, go to Installed titles and uninstall TIGER, then find the appropriate TIGER for your version and install it, but you probably should restore just to be safe :)

Zengath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I will try this. What I can say is when it says opening home menu the progress bar goes about 1/5th of the way then the image disappears. Might just be because this is a fast process normally, or maybe that is where my error is beginning. It's not creating the home menu successfully.

Just delete the content of your Nintendo 3DS folder on your SD card and boot into emunand, it should work now and no more black screen.
After you linked your NNID just inject your EmuNAND backup and copy your backup of your SD card back overwriting when asked.

Reactions: Shadowfied

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
Just delete the content of your Nintendo 3DS folder on your SD card and boot into emunand, it should work now and no more black screen.
After you linked your NNID just inject your EmuNAND backup and copy your backup of your SD card back overwriting when asked.

Thanks, wish I could report back on this but I got frustrated and wiped everything and have started from the beginning on 9.2 lol. Going through the processes again just now.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, wish I could report back on this but I got frustrated and wiped everything and have started from the beginning on 9.2 lol. Going through the processes again just now.
Dudee x_x
I really hope you didn't lose anything you wanted to keep.. Good luck this time.

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When following the guide above after the format and HBL auto-booting into rxtools, I get the 3DS first install setup menu. As expected, as emunand has been formatted. Once I've set things up (setup date and internet) and clicked the home button to get the home menu, I get stuck on a black screen :/ Sysnand is fine. I restored my emunand backup, which got me back into emunand and tried formatting again, stuck on a black screen again.

I'm using menuhax on sysnand, rxtools and CtrBootManager. As I said above Sysnand is fine though, but something else must be wrong/out of date that prevents a clean formatted emunand from booting.

Any ideas?
Same problem here.

But I can't restore my emuNAND.bin. I'm using emuNANDTool > Inject NAND to EMUNAND > select the emuNAND.bin in my desktop > "invalid NAND file size" (the size is 1.84GB)

Help?

Reactions: popokakapetu

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
Dudee x_x
I really hope you didn't lose anything you wanted to keep.. Good luck this time.

Thanks. Just some saves probably, but I'll be happier once I have my NNID linked to emunand for shop access :) Recently I've just been playing through 999, which is a DS cart so the saves save to the cart.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Same problem here.

But I can't restore my emuNAND.bin. I'm using emuNANDTool > Inject NAND to EMUNAND > select the emuNAND.bin in my desktop > "invalid NAND file size" (the size is 1.84GB)

Help?

I got this message as well. I backed up with EmuNAND9 so I just ended up restoring with it. Wasn't sure what the right option was so downloaded emunandtool. Learned it was clone emunand.bin to emunand. You should try emunand9.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks. Just some saves probably, but I'll be happier once I have my NNID linked to emunand for shop access :) Recently I've just been playing through 999, which is a DS cart so the saves save to the cart.

Alright.
Oooh, 999! I've been wanting to play 999 for a long time!

D

Deleted User

Sry, if someone mentioned it before, I didn't read all 20 pages, but I got it work on my 9.2 emuNand, just in case someone has the same problem than me and can't update to 9.5 because BBM says that one of the .cia isn't valid. :)

Last edited by ,

Zengath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Same problem here.

Help?
Use emunand tool v1.0.1 instead of 1.0.3 to restore your emuNAND Backup.

Reactions: Comedor

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well let this be a lesson to all of you, don't follow that guide. :rofl2:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/error-022-2634.388353/

Gonna try this one. (post #9)

I got this message as well. I backed up with EmuNAND9 so I just ended up restoring with it. Wasn't sure what the right option was so downloaded emunandtool. Learned it was clone emunand.bin to emunand. You should try emunand9.
Didn't work for me, something about can't open emunand.bin. I copied it to the root of SD, is that where it's supposed to be?

Use emunand tool v1.0.1 instead of 1.0.3 to restore your emuNAND Backup.
This worked, thanks.

Last edited by Comedor,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica