• No it didn't :(

• I have rxTools and it doesn't work :(

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait.. so I followed the steps for a N3DS running CFW (Rxtools) and I don't understand how to link my NNID?
This thread is for accessing the eshop and signing into a NNID that is already linked. If you do not have one linked yet you will need to locate the tutorial for linking one to an emunand on N3DS, which does exist somewhere.

DarkenedMatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is for accessing the eshop and signing into a NNID that is already linked. If you do not have one linked yet you will need to locate the tutorial for linking one to an emunand on N3DS, which does exist somewhere.

Thanks, I got it. I was trying to link it through the eShop redirect.

Antm4n

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
antm4n.uk
XP
Country
Yep!

If you are using FBI you will need to delete the existing NVer title from NAND first, then install the new one.

BTW guys this is why I think we need to stop recommending FBI to newbies. It is definitely NOT noob friendly to have to locate and delete an existing NAND title in order to update it to a newer version. Especially when if they delete the wrong title it has a high chance of a brick. Don't get me wrong, FBI is a great tool, but it isn't a good one for newbies to use. DevMenu is much better in that regard since it does not offer the option of deleting a title, but will overwrite existing ones without a problem when installing.

Cool thanks, guessing this wont work for games installed from a .cia :P

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I got it. I was trying to link it through the eShop redirect.

Great! Glad you were able to figure it out. Sorry if I came off as rude earlier.

--snip--
edit 2:

Since the weird crashes and bugs lead me to suspect a problem with HANS, I am going to try using an older version from before the recent updates to all of the homebrew stuff.

Yeah, its a problem with HANS. I am including a rar file with the HANS and eShop files from before the update Smea made recently, which I just tested and allowed me to download updates from the eshop.

After downloading, delete the following files from your sd card and then copy the files in the archive over:

/3ds/hans/titles/eshop.txt
/3ds/hans/titles/ironhax.txt
/3ds/hans/hans.3dsx
/3ds/hans/hans.smdh
/3ds/hans/hans.xml
/3ds/eshop.smdh
/3ds/eshop.xml
/3ds/ironhax.sdmh
/3ds/ironhax.xml

This should allow you to download updates and probably VC games as well again. You will lose the "old version" eshop for downloading Ironfall 1.0, but from what I understand we cannot use that anyways because we are on 9.5.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Cool thanks, guessing this wont work for games installed from a .cia :P
It will work for all games, cia or cart.

Attachments

• HANS-eSshop.rar
    112.5 KB · Views: 3,371

DarkenedMatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great! Glad you were able to figure it out. Sorry if I came off as rude earlier.

Yeah, its a problem with HANS. I am including a rar file with the HANS and eShop files from before the update Smea made recently, which I just tested and allowed me to download updates from the eshop.

After downloading, delete the following files from your sd card and then copy the files in the archive over:

/3ds/hans/hans.3dsx
/3ds/hans/hans.smdh
/3ds/hans/hans.xml
/3ds/eshop.smdh
/3ds/eshop.xml
/3ds/ironhax.sdmh
/3ds/ironhax.xml

This should allow you to download updates and probably VC games as well again. You will lose the "old version" eshop for downloading Ironfall 1.0, but from what I understand we cannot use that anyways because we are on 9.5.

You're good, no worries. I just had to simply re-read the first post.

I'm going to go ahead and ask you (you might know) can you use Badge Arcade on 9.5? Or is that a dumb question since (I don't think) badges are supported until 10.3, right? Or can I still use it to collect badges for when I can maybe update to 10.3 and keep RxTools?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're good, no worries. I just had to simply re-read the first post.

I'm going to go ahead and ask you (you might know) can you use Badge Arcade on 9.5? Or is that a dumb question since (I don't think) badges are supported until 10.3, right? Or can I still use it to collect badges for when I can maybe update to 10.3 and keep RxTools?

I have no idea actually. I can tell you the application itself will probably not download fully from the eshop. Past experience has suggested that anything released on the eshop after 9.6 (i.e. using the new crypto) reaches 97% completion and then errors out. If you want to try it out, look for a crypto-fixed version on that iso site.

DarkenedMatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea actually. I can tell you the application itself will probably not download fully from the eshop. Past experience has suggested that anything released on the eshop after 9.6 (i.e. using the new crypto) reaches 97% completion and then errors out. If you want to try it out, look for a crypto-fixed version on that iso site.

Ah, good idea. Thanks again.

Antm4n

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
antm4n.uk
XP
Country

/3ds/hans/hans.3dsx
/3ds/hans/hans.smdh
/3ds/hans/hans.xml
/3ds/eshop.smdh
/3ds/eshop.xml
/3ds/ironhax.sdmh
/3ds/ironhax.xml

Works perfectly, thanks a lot! :)

Plochan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

thank you very much on this.
freshly downgraded n3ds 9.5 emunand (from 10.3), using rxtools and this works perfectly now.

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

/3ds/hans/hans.3dsx
/3ds/hans/hans.smdh
/3ds/hans/hans.xml
/3ds/eshop.smdh
/3ds/eshop.xml
/3ds/ironhax.sdmh
/3ds/ironhax.xml

I don't even know why I didn't think about a HANS problem earlier.
Thank you very much for this little trick!

DarkenedMatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

/3ds/hans/hans.3dsx
/3ds/hans/hans.smdh
/3ds/hans/hans.xml
/3ds/eshop.smdh
/3ds/eshop.xml
/3ds/ironhax.sdmh
/3ds/ironhax.xml

Used your files and was able to update my games thankfully (couldn't before even though I could access the eShop) thanks. :)

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works perfectly, thanks a lot! :)

thank you very much on this.
freshly downgraded n3ds 9.5 emunand (from 10.3), using rxtools and this works perfectly now.

I don't even know why I didn't think about a HANS problem earlier.
Thank you very much for this little trick!

Used your files and was able to update my games thankfully (couldn't before even though I could access the eShop) thanks. :)

Glad to know this was the only problem, hopefully @smealum can figure out what went wrong with the latest HANS update and fix the problem for us.

@Xenon Hacks, sounds like the problem has been located and mostly resolved. Mind updating the OP with this info? Feel free to reupload the archive I posted where ever you want as part of the tutorial.

Heimdallr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

/3ds/hans/hans.3dsx
/3ds/hans/hans.smdh
/3ds/hans/hans.xml
/3ds/eshop.smdh
/3ds/eshop.xml
/3ds/ironhax.sdmh
/3ds/ironhax.xml

Thank you very much for this! I can download updates and the ambassador titles now. :D

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh. I installed the tiger CIA not knowing that it wouldn't work for N3DS users. Now my eShop hangs on the 3DS logo when I boot it up, and launching it through HANS gives me a yellow bottom screen. Could anyone tell me exactly how I could go back to the proper version of tiger for a N3DS 9.5-28E running rxTools? I already have my NNID linked, though.

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh. I installed the tiger CIA not knowing that it wouldn't work for N3DS users. Now my eShop hangs on the 3DS logo when I boot it up, and launching it through HANS gives me a yellow bottom screen. Could anyone tell me exactly how I could go back to the proper version of tiger for a N3DS 9.5-28E running rxTools? I already have my NNID linked, though.
0004001000022900 16384

Reactions: Aroth

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't use HANS sadly, HBL is on an infinite loop (red bottom screen) when run thru emuNAND

Do you use menuhax and a bootmanager to launch your CFW? If so then you will need to make sure you hold down whatever recovery key you set up in the bootmanager in order to access its boot menu instead of letting it attempt to autoboot the CFW.

What you are getting sounds like what happens to me if I forget to hold the key down.

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to find instructions on linking my NNID to my EmuNAND. Can a kind soul please explain the process?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to find instructions on linking my NNID to my EmuNAND. Can a kind soul please explain the process?

Once you have your emunand set up and updated to 9.5, and have installed the updated NVer, you should be able to just run FreeMultiPatcher and then launch system settings and go to set it up that way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5