Hacking [Tutorial] 4.5 SysNAND + 4.5 CFW + 9.4 EmuNAND without Gateway

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
Without a Gateway card you can't install CIAs unless you have the CFW. If you do however, I have no idea (too tired to think, lol sorry)
I understand you need the card to install them, i have one. I want to know which emunand versions i can do this on that won't require the card to load afterward if that makes sense

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I understand you need the card to install them, i have one. I want to know which emunand versions i can do this on that won't require the card to load afterward if that makes sense
the cfw uses a different emunand setup i.e if you do stuff on gateway you would need to then mess about extracting emunand and re-inserting it for use on the CFW.......but the cfw is only limted to 4.x emunand, nothing higher will work

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
the cfw uses a different emunand setup i.e if you do stuff on gateway you would need to then mess about extracting emunand and re-inserting it for use on the CFW.......but the cfw is only limted to 4.x emunand, nothing higher will work
Why you talking about CFW? I'm not

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Why you talking about CFW? I'm not
because your in a thread talking about installing cfw....maybe thats why nobody knows what your talking about.....basically to launch any installed cia files with gateway, you always need to insert the red card to boot into gateway mode, if you just want to play retail carts with gateway without needing to insert the red card, the highest FW that will boot in classic mode without inserting the red card first is 7.1, installed cia files do not work in classic mode

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
because your in a thread talking about installing cfw....maybe thats why nobody knows what your talking about.....basically to launch any installed cia files with gateway, you always need to insert the red card to boot into gateway mode, if you just want to play retail carts with gateway without needing to insert the red card, the highest FW that will boot in classic mode without inserting the red card first is 7.1, installed cia files do not work in classic mode
I agree, its off topic. I started a new thread earlier.

zeromission80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so ive read this entire post all six pages and can't seem to solve my problem... followed gateway guide to installing emunanad 9.4 via browser exploit skipped over the custom firmware stuff and still retain the 8.1u that ive had since smash was released my issue still remains i can't get on eshop within the emunand gives me an error then says hit home button and try again...i have six MH4U DEMO CODES UP FOR GRABS to whomever gives me the answer and it works (IMPORTANT) i will give you one for your troubles...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Ok so ive read this entire post all six pages and can't seem to solve my problem... followed gateway guide to installing emunanad 9.4 via browser exploit skipped over the custom firmware stuff and still retain the 8.1u that ive had since smash was released my issue still remains i can't get on eshop within the emunand gives me an error then says hit home button and try again...i have six MH4U DEMO CODES UP FOR GRABS to whomever gives me the answer and it works (IMPORTANT) i will give you one for your troubles...
have you tried formatting emunand again and updating to 9.4 fresh

Galerox

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

I had a weird problem like that , the 3ds that i bought had the NID banned . Do you have a NID linked to your emunand or is it banned ?

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-4-5-sysnand-4-5-cfw-9-4-emunand-without-gateway.378721/ start at 14 even if you have did it before redo it.

you need your 3DS’ IP Address. You can use the tool you downloaded earlier (the network scanner) to find the devices from Nintendo. Note the IP (usually looks like 192.168.1.1xx) so you don't use the same IP that guy you need to find out what your IP. If i had a ds flash card and i don't right now :( i would make a video showing you how to do all of that.

I know the IP, confirmed it with NirSoft and my router. I am 100% sure it is the right IP.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
technically all games, but it would be limited roms, and unlimited retail games....personally if people are going to start buying all the recent legit games just to put up with the limits of the cfw you might as well just buy a gateway card and have done with :rolleyes:

so basically old games as cia, and any more recent games....not even that recent now, basically from around 6.x+ you would have to buy the legit game and play in classic mode

momokok0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
technically all games, but it would be limited roms, and unlimited retail games....personally if people are going to start buying all the recent legit games just to put up with the limits of the cfw you might as well just buy a gateway card and have done with :rolleyes:

so basically old games as cia, and any more recent games....not even that recent now, basically from around 6.x+ you would have to buy the legit game and play in classic mode

What do you mean by limited roms? and what are the limits of the cfw?

stapled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After installing the CFW and booting into it it keeps on crashing while doing anything, what did i do wrong ? If i boot with L pressed the firmware is very buggy and everything freezes. When i dont hold L i just get a blue screen

Fixed all the issue's i had

How did you fix it? I'm stuck with the blue screen every time I try to boot the cfw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup