Hacking [Tutorial] 4.5 SysNAND + 4.5 CFW + 9.4 EmuNAND without Gateway

Xelnok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, if your save works on 9.2 sysnand, that means it's a 6.0+ save. So if you run 9.4 (either sysnand, or emunand), provided it's the same format (no unlinking), then the game will work as if you simply updated your 3DS with no hacks. And, naturally, online will work as it should. I'm not sure what Pokebank's save thing is (if it even matters). But yes, if you upload your pokemon on 9.2/9.4, and then downgrade to 4.X/9.4 it should work. I'm not all that familiar with pokemon, but would reimporting your pokemon work even after you delete the save? Or a similar question: can you use someone else's save game to import/export pokemon to your poke bank? If the answer is yes, then this should work.

1. Stay on 9.2 sysnand and 9.4 emunand, be sure they are linked (so software/saves work on both). Boot up 9.4 emunand (update to it if needed).
2. Transfer pokemon to pokebank. This should work just as if you were on legit 9.4.
3. Delete pokemon save (on 9.2, though it doesn't matter, since they are linked).
4. Downgrade sysnand to 4.5.
5. Boot up 9.4 emunand, and play pokemon, creating a new file.
6. Exit pokemon, enter poke bank and reimport pokemon.

This should in theory work, provided poke bank doesn't have any weird restrictions/problems with the pokemon save game. If I had to wager a guess, there's a chance it might not work if Poke bank is expecting a 6.0+ save.

If you just want to play online, you don't actually need to downgrade. Restarting the save is ONLY necessary if you want to have sysnand 4.X. If you are ALREADY on 9.2, just leave that, and update emunand to 9.4. Then play on emunand like normal. This will work fine for online.

So to be absolutely clear, here are your options:

1. Back up pokemon from your 6.0+ save file, clear the save game, downgrade to 4.X, restart save and import pokemon (reimporting might not work, if it requires a 6.0+ save).
2. Stay on 9.2 sysnand, and update your emunand to 9.4. This will allow you to play pokemon just as usual.

The difference is the end sysnand you will be on. If you end on sysnand 4.X, then you can do 4.X stuff, like CFW. But all of your saves MUST be in 4.X saves (rather than 6.0+) otherwise they won't load (you can get around this by having a gateway and running classic mode, that will load your 6.0+ saves). If you end on sysnand 9.2, your 4.X saves for 6.0+ games won't work. Which if you have been playing legit retail games and are on 9.2, this shouldn't be a problem.

Hopefully this all makes sense. It just depends on your goal. Your pokemon save will work as long as your are above 6.0 sysnand. Or are using gateway classic mode (WITH a gateway cartridge).

Your 6.0+ games WON'T work if you are IN (currently loaded) 4.X sysnand. To play them, you'd need to boot into 9.4 emunand. Alternatively, if you stay on 9.2 sysnand, they WILL work, regardless of whether you are in sysnand or emunand. emunand 9.4 will allow you to play online, while 9.2 sysnand isn't that important, besides ensuring save compatibility WITHOUT a gateway card (with a gateway card it doesn't matter).

After doing a little research it looks like i wouldn't be able to link the bank to a lower level sysnand because it would be a different nintendo ID. My goal is to have emunand at 9.4 with sysnand at 4.5 so i can play roms without loosing any of the pokemon on my digital download save game. The only option i have is updating emunand to 9.4, trading the pokemon to someone else to hold, and then getting them back after i go through the process in the thread, (online pokemon y does work through this exploit, right?).

What is the exact process of updating my emunand to 9.4 from standard 9.2 without losing any saved data?

Thanks again,
Xel

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, theoretically i could stay on 9.2 sysnand, upgrade my emunand to 9.4 and use the same save game online? I just need to be able to access the pokemon bank and upload a few of my pokemon and then i wouldn't mind downgrading the version and starting over again with a new save game as long as i can access the pokemon bank again after the process is complete. Would this work? If so how would i go about doing it?

Thanks alot,
Xel

Nope, you need a <4.5 sysNAND to use 9.4 emuNAND.

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After doing a little research it looks like i wouldn't be able to link the bank to a lower level sysnand because it would be a different nintendo ID. My goal is to have emunand at 9.4 with sysnand at 4.5 so i can play roms without loosing any of the pokemon on my digital download save game. The only option i have is updating emunand to 9.4, trading the pokemon to someone else to hold, and then getting them back after i go through the process in the thread, (online pokemon y does work through this exploit, right?).

What is the exact process of updating my emunand to 9.4 from standard 9.2 without losing any saved data?

Thanks again,
Xel

Lower Sysnand doesn't effect your NNID at all. I still have my same NNID on both sysNand and emuNand. The only time these would separate are if you intentionally reformatted one of them. Otherwise your NNID and all related things (games, saves, etc) should work on both. This works regardless of the FW. As far as pokemon bank goes, I'm not sure how it would react to a lower than 6.0 pokemon save file. So I think you're right in that case.

As far as getting emunand 9.2 to 9.4, simply make sure you are in emunand, and simply update through the regular system menu. I'm on MT3D FW for emunand, so I'm not sure if gateway might do something to prevent updating it without the card, but if you can already run it on 9.2, updating to 9.4 shouldn't be a problem. If you don't have an emunand yet, I recommend reading over this guide. Just don't do the downgrading part. That is, open up the browser exploit (which will be needed each time you boot into emunand), and click "format emunand". From there, click "boot classic mode" as you would to boot into any emunand. Then ensure you are on the GW3D or MT3D emunand firmware and click "system update" in the settings. All of these instructions are mentioned in the guide (to go from a 4.5 emunand to 9.4). But you can easily go from 9.2 to 9.4 as well.

Provided you don't unlink your NANDs, both should work fine with the content on your SD card and your installs.

And as usual, I'd recommend backing up your NAND, and your SD files.

Edit: I'm an idiot. I completely forgot that on 9.2 you have to go through Gateway's browser exploit, which means you can only launch Gateway's emunand. Which meeeeaaaannns, that in order to update it, you need a gateway card. Gotta be on 4.5 in order to use MT's launcher exploit and thus have a 9.4 emunand. Unless the gateway browser exploit would launch anyway. Which I don't think happens. So... no 9.2/9.4 setup I think.

Stremon

Trophies
Website
jbbongrand.blogspot.fr
XP
Country
France
I don't know if someone already asked, but is it possible to just install the devmenu to the 4.5 emunand?
Here is what I did on my 3DS: I downgraded the sysnand to 4.5E, then created the emunand, then got back to sysnand 9.2E with my nand backup.
Now I have a fully functional 4.5E emunand possible to launch classic mode.
I bought a gateway, but because of some problems it might take weeks to come, or even not come at all.
Therefore I was wondering if I can install a devmenu on the 4.5 emunand to use it while waiting...
My main purpose is to be able to play the jap version of the game I own on my EU 3DS, to play with my Japanese friends (and also not having to carry all my games everywhere I go).
Note: I want to stay on sysnand 9.2 to still be able to use some of my games and saves, and also use my japanese DS games.

Pawed

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I don't know if someone already asked, but is it possible to just install the devmenu to the 4.5 emunand?
Here is what I did on my 3DS: I downgraded the sysnand to 4.5E, then created the emunand, then got back to sysnand 9.2E with my nand backup.
Now I have a fully functional 4.5E emunand possible to launch classic mode.
I bought a gateway, but because of some problems it might take weeks to come, or even not come at all.
Therefore I was wondering if I can install a devmenu on the 4.5 emunand to use it while waiting...
My main purpose is to be able to play the jap version of the game I own on my EU 3DS, to play with my Japanese friends (and also not having to carry all my games everywhere I go).
Note: I want to stay on sysnand 9.2 to still be able to use some of my games and saves, and also use my japanese DS games.

Nope.. To launch the CFW you need to use the DS profile exploit, which doesn't work in 9.x. You need 4.5 SysNAND to launch it.

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you use a gateway card in mt emunand? id assume no but what id want to do is get dev menu installed that way itd be lke a cfw in its own right almost lol

yuancraft

Trophies
XP
Country
tip:
if you want to get in CFW easy no holddown power to reboot.
try this.
open internet browser tap google search an random text to make sure the 3DS is connected to the Internet. wait a bit web page load up. press home. > setting —> Profile. Hold down the L button, and tap DS Profile.

good luck

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
The Ctr client doesn't connect whatever I do!

By the way, can I update my sysNAND after I downgrade?"
Check the ip on your router page, and no you CANT update, because you are going to update to 9.4 (not supported) unless you are using a game cart to update. Just use a emunand

orinsh10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi
i have some serious problems.
i dont know what is nand and all those things
but i will try to tell you whats happend.

i had a 3DS xl on 9.2 firmware
then i run gateway ultra exploit.
and downgrade to 4.2
i followed the guid.
i use ds flash card and installed gateway (on my 4.2 3DS)
and do what the guide says to install cfw:
do things with these programs:
Emunand tool and the drag emunand here file.
then i installed palantine cfw and installed dev menu.
i have some problems:
cfw sometimes wont boot.
system crash.
system dont boot
and the biggest problem:
all my installed CIA games and the dev menu are gone like i never installed them.
i fix this when i delete everything from the SD card,and again put the CfW files in my SD card and istall dev menu again.
but its happening again and again!.
3rd time already!
Am I doing something Wrong?
I read that i cant run CFW on My systemNand and i need to use Emunand?
do i Need to do something with it?
please tell me how to fix it

Hikari06

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
My question might seem stupid but isn't there any way to launch the CFW from the gateway web exploit, but without a gateway card ?
I'm asking that because I do not own a DS liker either, and I'd love to play around with a CFW

orinsh10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
problem solved just dont go to data mangment when not in CFW.
My question might seem stupid but isn't there any way to launch the CFW from the gateway web exploit, but without a gateway card ?
I'm asking that because I do not own a DS liker either, and I'd love to play around with a CFW

you can downgrade from the web exploit and then use a ds flashcard and install cfw.

Hikari06

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Yeah, I did downgrade but I dont own a ds flashcard and would like to know whether the web exploit could allow us to launch the CFW without a flashcard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol