Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
At last week's Galabunga events in NYC, the debut of the Turtles' Party Van also revealed that a "new" TMNT video game - not the already revealed "Smash-up" game for the Wii - was in development. New, yet a game all TMNT fans are familiar with: "Turtles in Time." Only now it's been updated using modern 3D graphics. Mega TMNT fan Jason Koza was at the event (in his Casey Jones costume!) and provides the following info and pics of the game.

* The game is set up and directly taken from TMNT Turtles in Time.
* Right now it's only going to be for Xbox Live, but they're working on bringing it to Wii (Virtual Console Wiiware?).
* It has the same music as the old game.
* Only the levels "Alleycat Blues" and "Skull and Crossbones" were playable.
* The only difference noticed was the bosses for the "Skull and Crossbones" are Tokka and Rahzar (unlike the original, which had Bebop and Rocksteady).
* For Alleycat Blues the boss is still Metalhead.
* The game is basically Turtles in Time with new graphics - Awesome!

Josh notes:Actually, Tokka and Rahzar were the bosses on Skull & Crossbones in the ORIGINAL (Arcade) version. They were moved to the (added) Technodrome level for the home version, and replaced with Bebop & Rocksteady. This means the remake is probably based on the Arcade version, meaning no Technodrome level, no Rat King, etc.
http://ninja-pizza.blogspot.com/2009/05/ne...-time-game.html
So far this apparently is just for XBLA, though a WiiWare and PSN release haven't been ruled out yet. And yes I checked the article it says May 1st not April 1st.

turtles-in-time1.jpg
turtles-in-time2.jpg

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is something I'll have to play. I love the original and of course the first arcade game but I dunno about it being in 3D to be honest. I'm sure a HD version in 2D (ala Super Street Fighter 2) would have been better but either way this is something I am keen to try.

twisteddeeds

Trophies
XP
Country
i dont know about wii "Marvel vs capcom 2 problem" but it might come to ps3

One of the best beat em ups ever FACT!!!

D

Deleted User

Wow that's good news! Turtles in Time was awesome, I just played it (again) recently on my Wii using SNES9x.

twisteddeeds

Trophies
XP
Country
it looks like its got 3d models, but from the shot it looks like it still plays like its 2d "kind of like SF4"

Is it just me or is the woman in the 1st pic supposed to be dressed like april o'neil?

404379-59033-april-o-neil_large.gif

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
nice, i don't know if the change is for the better or not... if u compare the woman and the photo twisted posted... there is something which is obvious (literally)... if it's really april then she has become more "modernised" if u know what i mean

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Robotic foot soldiers!
How I missed you!
I missed you so much.

Now to make you explode...
Wooo!

Would be nice if they would put two arcade remakes into one with a third installment in the same style.

Definitly nice to see.
I hope this game does well.

Also shame I don't have an Xbox either :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc