QUOTE said:At last week's Galabunga events in NYC, the debut of the Turtles' Party Van also revealed that a "new" TMNT video game - not the already revealed "Smash-up" game for the Wii - was in development. New, yet a game all TMNT fans are familiar with: "Turtles in Time." Only now it's been updated using modern 3D graphics. Mega TMNT fan Jason Koza was at the event (in his Casey Jones costume!) and provides the following info and pics of the game.
* The game is set up and directly taken from TMNT Turtles in Time.
* Right now it's only going to be for Xbox Live, but they're working on bringing it to Wii (Virtual Console Wiiware?).
* It has the same music as the old game.
* Only the levels "Alleycat Blues" and "Skull and Crossbones" were playable.
* The only difference noticed was the bosses for the "Skull and Crossbones" are Tokka and Rahzar (unlike the original, which had Bebop and Rocksteady).
* For Alleycat Blues the boss is still Metalhead.
* The game is basically Turtles in Time with new graphics - Awesome!
Josh notes:Actually, Tokka and Rahzar were the bosses on Skull & Crossbones in the ORIGINAL (Arcade) version. They were moved to the (added) Technodrome level for the home version, and replaced with Bebop & Rocksteady. This means the remake is probably based on the Arcade version, meaning no Technodrome level, no Rat King, etc.
So far this apparently is just for XBLA, though a WiiWare and PSN release haven't been ruled out yet. And yes I checked the article it says May 1st not April 1st.