Tuna-viDS - Not working

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Timmyhawky, Apr 28, 2008.

Apr 28, 2008

Tuna-viDS - Not working by Timmyhawky at 8:09 PM (1,763 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Timmyhawky
    OP

Newcomer Timmyhawky Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Hi,
    I've got a problem with Tuna-viDS. When I try to load a movie, converted with Magic Movie Converter, it says 'not enough video data'.

I've also converted a few movies before(with a other tool), and they worked fine on my M3 Real(Can't test them on the DSTT, I removed 'em).
    These are the settings I used:
    Divx codec, 256*192, 12FPS, 320kb/s bitrate, MP3 audio, 64kb/s bitrate

Has anyone a solution? I think it has something to do with the bad DLDI of the DSTT.
    Thanks

2. apocalypticvisio

Member apocalypticvisio GBAtemp Regular

United States
    try using moonshell instead, the dstt is still a baby and the upgrades coming from ndstt.com are few and far between...moonshell is pretty much the universal player for all the carts...

3. Timmyhawky
    OP

Netherlands
    I wish to use DivX, because it is high quality in smaller sizes. I've also tried Moonshell with DPGbatch, but it wasn't that comfortable.

I found out that the normal version of Tuna-viDS has a GBA movie player DLDI patch. Now I changed it to Chism's no interface patch, but I still have the same problem [​IMG]

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It sounds like a video conversion problem and not a DSTT problem. Unfortunately, I don't know much about it to know exactly what the problem is that you're having, but I believe that Tuna-viDS only plays AVI files that contain Xvid encoded video and MP3 encoded audio. Are your files AVI?

Why don't you try using that other tool that you had success with before to convert a video and see what happens?

Here's more info on converting files from the website:

-Bri

5. apocalypticvisio

United States
    try using a different prog for encoding....like super...it will go to avi and just select the options you need for size and bitrate...i uset fory ds and my zune flawlessly

6. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Try using ffmpeg like the webpage states, modifying parameters as necessary based on what you want. I believe there's also a tuna-viDS frontent that uses ffmpeg and can convert up to 9 videos at once, but I honestly have no clue where to find it. You could try the tuna-viDS thread at GBAdev, which may hold some clues.

7. Timmyhawky
    OP

Netherlands
    They didn't work on my M3 aswell! So it has nothing to do with the DSTT. Does anyone know a tool which is easy to use(so with frontend, terminal things take too much time)?
    Before I used a good FFmpeg frontend, but I can't find it anymore. I don't mean the big frontend projects, but just a very basic tool.

I'm not trying myself now, my 500mhz PC takes a lot of hours to convert a movie.

8. apocalypticvisio

United States
    the quote in bri's post seems to make the need of a frontend laughable since there is a run command there. the tools already stated in the post to this point are the only ones i have ever heard of for this use. super and ffmpeg. unless you would like to pay for a converter, which you would like at the divx main site, i think they list tools you could use as well as the wiki for .avi files.

9. Timmyhawky
    OP

Netherlands
    Sorry for that, I didn't understand Super was a program(too general name).
    Now I'm downloading it, thanks.