Hacking Tubehax question- Still able to access the eshop and YouTube?

Pook and Pie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I set 107.211.140.065 as the primary DNS for my Wii U, but I read from some posts that I shouldn't be able to access YouTube or the eshop, but I'm still able to do both.

I'm disabling my wifi setting for right now, but could someone tell me the step I missed so that my Wii U won't randomly update? My system is currently 5.5.1.

Pook and Pie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm still facing this issue. I'm currently on hotel Wi-Fi since I won't be home due to work for roughly another month (it has a simple redirect gateway that leases use for 24 hours once you enter the password). Could that be affecting Tubehax in some way?

Everything I'm googling brings up the instructions of just setting the primary DNS to the above value, so I'm confused as to why this doesn't work. There's also a great wealth of misinformation, too, lol, which is what prompted me to ask here.

Pook and Pie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did I word my question strangely? I thought Tubehax was supposed to block access to the eshop, YouTube, etc., but even with the Tubehax DNS set as primary, for some reason my Wii U is still able to access both with no issues. I'm assuming this means I set up Tubehax wrong, but the only info I can find is to do what I've already done.

Does that clear it up any? I wasn't asking how to access the eshop, etc., I was wondering why I'm still able to do so despite having the Tubehax DNS set as the primary.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
not a Tubehax user but I believe you shouldn't be able to open youtube with Tubehax active
if you have a computer, you can try setup Tubehax DNS on the computer and see if it's properly redirect the Nintendo update servers

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ping nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net

Pinging nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net [127.0.0.1] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128
Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

if it's not 127.0.0.1, there might be something wrong and I suggest not turning on the WiFi temporarily

Pook and Pie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Part of the issue is that I won't have access to my computer and Wii U simultaneously until about a month from now. I'm a man child with a desktop computer, so I took my Wii U with me on this trip, lol.

I tried using a pinging website from the Wii U web browser, but it didn't return the IP address you have shown; it instead returned that the connection timed out.

I'm assuming I did something wrong, since I shouldn't be able to have the Wii U's primary DNS set to the one for TubeHax and still access the eshop and Youtube, but I have no idea what I did incorrectly because it seems so incredibly simple. The hotel WiFi couldn't be forcing my traffic to connect to certain addresses even though I'm routing my traffic through TubeHax's DNS, could it? :wtf:;

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
how do you ping from wii u browser?
and what did you set as secondary dns? try put the tubehax dns in both primary and secondary dns and see how it works

Pook and Pie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used kloth.net to check if it actually blocked anything as per this site which is just a post from this board: http://wiiubrew.net/tutorials-and-guides/block-wiiu-updates/

I set the Tubehax DNS as both the primary and secondary DNS, and I'm still able to access the eshop, and kloth.net doesn't show any Nintendo server blocked. So, I have no clue why it's not working (again, it seems super simple) but I can only guess it has something to do with the hotel Wi-Fi. Maybe I'll try to use tethering on my cell phone and see if that works...

Pook and Pie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick update: Nothing is wrong with Tubehax. I used Wi-Fi tethering with my Android phone and Tubehax DNS was able to block eshop access.

Something about the hotel Wi-Fi was disregarding my DNS settings, I imagine.

So I repeat: Nothing is wrong with Tubehax DNS. My problem seems to have stemmed from the hotel's Wi-Fi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-